Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 04:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Columbia Admissions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Columbia Admissions [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 06:14
I was hoping my fellow Columbia Business School Applicants could help me figure out some of the admissions requirements:

1) According to the website, applicants don't have to have an interview for admission - Does anyone know if this is true, or have any friends who were accepted without an interview?

2) It says a decision will be released 12 weeks after the application goes complete. It seems a lot of people had their applications go complete end of Jan (including my own application) - Does this mean we won't have a decision until end of April? Doesn't this sound very late, considering all the other top 10 schools release decisions end of March? Does anyone know if Columbia will just give decisions end of March?
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 421 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 09:48
Columbia admits 10-15% without interview. I have read speculation that people admitted without interview tend to be (not surprisingly) those with extremely strong qualifications. 3.8+ GPA from a top school, 750+ GMAT, brand name work & extracurriculars, etc. are probably all part of the package.

According to the official thread on BW, the 12 weeks is a top end estimate. They tend to have everything done a lot sooner. My people who's applications came complete in late January have been asked to interview, and decisions seem to come out within a few weeks after interviewing. There have also been reports on BW of people being denied already.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2007, 15:14
Thanks Pelihu

So I guess the majority of people still are interviewed - I was hoping the reason I haven't been invited to an interview was because a lot more students were accepted without one, but since I don't fit that profile that you outlined, I guess that isn't a good enough reason-

Yes you are correct - it does sound like many people whose application went complete in end of Jan have now been invited to interviews.

By the way - where is your name - pelihu - from?
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2007, 02:05
My name is from Caddyshack. I named my dogs after two of the characters in the movie, and Pelihu is a combination of the two names.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2007, 00:27
oops...I should change my name. Should be something meaningful like Pelihu or something sounds good like Ryhme.
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2007, 10:36
or you should choose something morbid like mine ;)

darren1010 wrote:
oops...I should change my name. Should be something meaningful like Pelihu or something sounds good like Ryhme.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2007, 12:44
CBS started announcing admits...so folks who applied good luck :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2007, 13:00
pelihu wrote:
My name is from Caddyshack. I named my dogs after two of the characters in the movie, and Pelihu is a combination of the two names.

Mrs. Esterhouse?
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2007, 14:58
OasisNYK wrote:
pelihu wrote:

Mrs. Esterhouse?

Um, no, haha. I'll turn it into a research project for you. I named one of my dogs after the Judge because they have (kind of) the same hair color. It's his first name. I named my other dog after one the Judge's many antagonists - and because my dog has the same hair color as this person.

Regarding Columbia admissions, they have been announcing decisions for some weeks now. They have rolling admissions, and have been admitting people anywhere from 2 days - 3 weeks after interview. They have also dinged some RD applications without interview so far. I think the consensus is that things begin to look bleak if you don't have an interview request 3-4 weeks after your app comes complete.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2007, 16:39
peliho, what kind of dogs do you have? What will you do with them when you go to school?
  [#permalink] 26 Feb 2007, 16:39