Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

columbia business school Msc, TOEFL HELP :D

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

columbia business school Msc, TOEFL HELP :D [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 11:30
Hello guys, i need ur help in something. now if i am applying to Msc in columbia business school. My GPA is 3.92 and my TOEFL is 102. I didn't do my gmat yet, also my background is the same as the Msc that i am applying for, so i was wondering do i need to retake the TOEFL even if i got a high GMAT. I am asking because they only accepted 12 out of 260 applications in 2013 and it is a very competitive program. I hope someone will have anything to help me with. Thank you :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: columbia business school Msc, TOEFL HELP :D [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2014, 12:09
I got reading 22 , listening 26, speaking 27, writing 27
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 324 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: columbia business school Msc, TOEFL HELP :D [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 23:37
If you are applying to business school, you need to as best as you can on the GMAT. GMAT is the cake and TOEFL is the icing :). If your cake is NOT good no matter how good is your icing it won't sell. Once you nail the GMAT you can improve the TOEFL. Having said that would suggest you to look at the acceptance rates/ GPA requirement in the concerned program. My guess its the acceptance rate is like (2-3) %,

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

Re: columbia business school Msc, TOEFL HELP :D [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2014, 01:10
AbhiJ wrote:
If you are applying to business school, you need to as best as you can on the GMAT. GMAT is the cake and TOEFL is the icing :). If your cake is NOT good no matter how good is your icing it won't sell. Once you nail the GMAT you can improve the TOEFL. Having said that would suggest you to look at the acceptance rates/ GPA requirement in the concerned program. My guess its the acceptance rate is like (2-3) %,

Yeah the acceptance rate is 3 % , i found that the average students accepted got a GPA of 3.7 , and i have a GPA of 3.92. GMAT for average students is something like 700 , 700 and sth. So if i got a higher GMAT than the average and a higher GPA as well, will i need to retake it? :-D :-D and thank you so much for ur reply
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 324 [0], given: 191

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: columbia business school Msc, TOEFL HELP :D [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2014, 01:18
Salma1992 wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

Yeah the acceptance rate is 3 % , i found that the average students accepted got a GPA of 3.7 , and i have a GPA of 3.92. GMAT for average students is something like 700 , 700 and sth. So if i got a higher GMAT than the average and a higher GPA as well, will i need to retake it? :-D :-D and thank you so much for ur reply

Given the acceptance rate and if you have time, see no harm in improving your score. Why do you want to give them any reason to reject your profile ?
Having said that if you score 750 in GMAT that will greatly improve your chances. Please note that there are many hidden information such as GPA from where. If someone gets a 3.7 studying Computer Science at MIT/Economics at Princeton then it will assumed much better that say 4.0 Studying History/Fashion at University of Sunny Buffalo. BTW I am not an Admission consultant so take my words with a grain of salt.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Intern
Intern

Re: columbia business school Msc, TOEFL HELP :D [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2014, 01:25
AbhiJ wrote:
Salma1992 wrote:
AbhiJ wrote:

Given the acceptance rate and if you have time, see no harm in improving your score. Why do you want to give them any reason to reject your profile ?
Having said that if you score 750 in GMAT that will greatly improve your chances. Please note that there are many hidden information such as GPA from where. If someone gets a 3.7 studying Computer Science at MIT/Economics at Princeton then it will assumed much better that say 4.0 Studying History/Fashion at University of Sunny Buffalo. BTW I am not an Admission consultant so take my words with a grain of salt.

No you have really been a great help and assistance i really appreciate it, ill take my chances to improve it, thank you so much :)
Re: columbia business school Msc, TOEFL HELP :D   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2014, 01:25