Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Dec 2014, 13:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.72
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 10:15
I submitted 11/27 but my last recommendation wasn't in until 12/3.... which date you think they go by? Wonder if I will hear today or tomorrow.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Posts: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 12

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 10:25
1
This post received
KUDOS
financier729 wrote:
I submitted 11/27 but my last recommendation wasn't in until 12/3.... which date you think they go by? Wonder if I will hear today or tomorrow.


I read a GC forum from 2009ish where a Columbia MBA rep was answering questions and the rep said they don't consider your application complete until your final recommendation is in :( Not sure if that has changed but looks like you may have to wait for the next round of decision releases!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 32
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT Date: 08-12-2013
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 11:08
submitted 12/6 so I don't expect to hear back today I guess but best of luck to everyone, drinks on me for everyone here if I get in!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 87
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 96

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 12:21
Submitted 11/21
Reeeejected 12/19
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 130
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 27

Reviews Badge
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 13:38
financier729 wrote:
I submitted 11/27 but my last recommendation wasn't in until 12/3.... which date you think they go by? Wonder if I will hear today or tomorrow.


Hi Financier,

I had a similar situation, and the rule is they don't review until all items are in. However I submitted my application in early September, had my recommendation in about two weeks later, and was invited to interview about 2 week after that, so it went on a quicker timeline. However, that was during the Early Decision cycle and before the ED deadline so that might have played a role in quick timeline.

Hope this helps!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2013
Posts: 23
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 15:58
Submitted on 11/7 but haven't heard anything yet (no invite, no rejection)... Guess I'll have to wait until January!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.72
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 20:54
chains1910 wrote:
financier729 wrote:
I submitted 11/27 but my last recommendation wasn't in until 12/3.... which date you think they go by? Wonder if I will hear today or tomorrow.


Hi Financier,

I had a similar situation, and the rule is they don't review until all items are in. However I submitted my application in early September, had my recommendation in about two weeks later, and was invited to interview about 2 week after that, so it went on a quicker timeline. However, that was during the Early Decision cycle and before the ED deadline so that might have played a role in quick timeline.

Hope this helps!


Thank you! Fingers crossed
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2012
Posts: 57
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 23:54
Submitted on 15 Nov
Invited to interview on 19 Dec.

All the best to everyone!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2013, 09:39
Does anyone know when merit financial aid awards are announced? I know the eligibility cut off is the first week in Jan, but do they start reaching out or posting decisions shortly thereafter for students who applied quite early?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 120
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 23

Premium Member
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2013, 15:24
Anyone having difficulties scheduling interviews over the holidays? The first ambassador who responded to me said that he won't be able to conduct the interview until 2nd week of January... technically this is still within the one month limit, but should I try for another interviewer? How's everyone else doing with their scheduling?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 15
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V43
GPA: 3.8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 3

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2013, 16:18
CelerIP wrote:
Anyone having difficulties scheduling interviews over the holidays? The first ambassador who responded to me said that he won't be able to conduct the interview until 2nd week of January... technically this is still within the one month limit, but should I try for another interviewer? How's everyone else doing with their scheduling?


I hear ya. I'm not even at that stage yet... emailed one person and still waiting to hear back. It's only been 2 days though, so will give it another couple before trying the next person. Given that it's the holidays, I suspect most people will be in the same boat, i.e., the earliest they'll be able to interview is 1st week of Jan. Personally, I'm not overly concerned about a week's difference, so if I were you, I wouldn't sweat it.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 120
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 23

Premium Member
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2013, 16:48
rcmba wrote:
CelerIP wrote:
Anyone having difficulties scheduling interviews over the holidays? The first ambassador who responded to me said that he won't be able to conduct the interview until 2nd week of January... technically this is still within the one month limit, but should I try for another interviewer? How's everyone else doing with their scheduling?


I hear ya. I'm not even at that stage yet... emailed one person and still waiting to hear back. It's only been 2 days though, so will give it another couple before trying the next person. Given that it's the holidays, I suspect most people will be in the same boat, i.e., the earliest they'll be able to interview is 1st week of Jan. Personally, I'm not overly concerned about a week's difference, so if I were you, I wouldn't sweat it.


Thanks RCMBA! Good luck on your interview!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 28 Oct 2013
Posts: 64
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 67

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2013, 16:57
CelerIP wrote:
Anyone having difficulties scheduling interviews over the holidays? The first ambassador who responded to me said that he won't be able to conduct the interview until 2nd week of January... technically this is still within the one month limit, but should I try for another interviewer? How's everyone else doing with their scheduling?


I got lucky and was able to schedule the interview for the 23rd. Traveling overseas to get it done tho...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2011
Posts: 431
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 108 [0], given: 149

Premium Member
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2013, 17:47
Crosstown wrote:
Does anyone know when merit financial aid awards are announced? I know the eligibility cut off is the first week in Jan, but do they start reaching out or posting decisions shortly thereafter for students who applied quite early?


Last year it was early February they started. Just before Columbia Connect.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 16
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 1

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2013, 19:23
Having the same issue...one interviewer asked me to ask another alum...lol

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Posts: 120
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 23

Premium Member
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2013, 19:52
krad890 wrote:
Having the same issue...one interviewer asked me to ask another alum...lol

Posted from my mobile device Image


Yeah... I know. Majority of us will have this problem scheduling over break, but I hope that Adcom will understand. I will call next Monday to ask about this, and will let you know how they feel about this delay in scheduling.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Dec 2013
Posts: 2
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2013, 07:32
Hi all - congrats to those already admitted! I applied RD 09/28 and still haven't heard anything either way. Any advice? Are they going in strict chronological order? Thanks! :)

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2013
Posts: 65
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 6

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2013, 08:34
CelerIP wrote:
krad890 wrote:
Having the same issue...one interviewer asked me to ask another alum...lol

Posted from my mobile device Image


Yeah... I know. Majority of us will have this problem scheduling over break, but I hope that Adcom will understand. I will call next Monday to ask about this, and will let you know how they feel about this delay in scheduling.



I would say 100% don't even give it a second thought. I also got the interview invite.

I suspect the extreme minority of applicants will be able to complete the interview between now and the first week of January.

The reality is that, even if the office is open for a couple of the days over the holiday period, I'm sure tons of the adcom folks are not in the office --> therefore very unlikely that they would be rendering decisions.



My 2cents on a guesstimate of difference between holiday period vs. when most of us will be able to interview (say 2nd week or even 3rd week of January) --> maybe like the difference of someone interviewing during normal times without holidays on a Monday vs. a few days later on that Thursday. So really no difference at all.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 13
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2013, 09:52
mappleby wrote:
Crosstown wrote:
Does anyone know when merit financial aid awards are announced? I know the eligibility cut off is the first week in Jan, but do they start reaching out or posting decisions shortly thereafter for students who applied quite early?


Last year it was early February they started. Just before Columbia Connect.


Thanks Mappleby. I guess I will have to sit tight until then.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Dec 2013
Posts: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 12

Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2013, 12:50
WhatsInYourBackpack wrote:
CelerIP wrote:
krad890 wrote:
Having the same issue...one interviewer asked me to ask another alum...lol

Posted from my mobile device Image


Yeah... I know. Majority of us will have this problem scheduling over break, but I hope that Adcom will understand. I will call next Monday to ask about this, and will let you know how they feel about this delay in scheduling.



I would say 100% don't even give it a second thought. I also got the interview invite.

I suspect the extreme minority of applicants will be able to complete the interview between now and the first week of January.

The reality is that, even if the office is open for a couple of the days over the holiday period, I'm sure tons of the adcom folks are not in the office --> therefore very unlikely that they would be rendering decisions.



My 2cents on a guesstimate of difference between holiday period vs. when most of us will be able to interview (say 2nd week or even 3rd week of January) --> maybe like the difference of someone interviewing during normal times without holidays on a Monday vs. a few days later on that Thursday. So really no difference at all.



I was able to get in touch with the first alum I contacted very quickly, but I didn't schedule my interview until the second full week of January. I want to make sure I'm prepared rather than trying to rush it.

Good luck to everyone!
Re: Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2013, 12:50
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Columbia class of 2016 - Calling all Waitlisted Students CelerIP 15 26 Dec 2013, 08:21
515 Experts publish their posts in the topic Fuqua (Duke) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! mbamyway 1639 21 Apr 2013, 08:45
8 Experts publish their posts in the topic Columbia: J-Term Calling all applicants: Class of 2016! souvik101990 119 21 Apr 2013, 03:25
423 Experts publish their posts in the topic Wharton: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016! Diver 1740 21 Apr 2013, 03:19
658 Experts publish their posts in the topic Stanford GSB Calling all applicants for Class of 2016! azowu 1256 21 Apr 2013, 00:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Columbia: Calling all applicants - Class of 2016

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  60    Next  [ 1181 posts ] 

Moderators: bagdbmba, DefyingGravity, jlgdr



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.