Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [3] , given: 3

Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2013, 11:17
This post received
KUDOS
As there seems to be a fair number of people getting admitted to Columbia, I thought that I'd start a thread for the admitted students to discuss any pre-MBA related questions without cluttering the applicant thread.

I can't wait to meet you all!

Roll Call

NOTE :- The above list updates automatically as and when applicants update their application Status. If your name does not appear in the list, please check and update your application status or post in this thread.

Last edited by Narenn on 03 Jan 2014, 07:06, edited 1 time in total.
Roll Call Added.
Current Student
Concentration: International Business, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GPA: 3.9
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 7

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 07:44
Thanks for starting this thread! A huge congratulations to you and all of our future fellow classmates for being admitted! Columbia is going to be amazing 8-)

Anyone planning on attending the 12/7 Welcome to Columbia reception at the Columbia Club of New York from 3:30-5:30PM? I'm definitely going to be there
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q0 V
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 05:55
The admitted students site talks about where to send the deposit, but is there anything else such as sending official transcripts and background check? How does that work?
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [2] , given: 8

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2013, 18:47
This post received
KUDOS
Got the call today! Best news I've gotten so far.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 107 [2] , given: 149

Premium Member
Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2014, 07:35
This post received
KUDOS
Not sure if any international students have been accepted yet but you might want to start practicing before you make it to New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kktKjl4xts4
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 23

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 16:24
guys, do we have some sort of facebook group going for our class yet? so little posts in this threat haha.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 23

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2014, 05:43
Is anyone attending Columbia Connect I?
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 9

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 07:01
got in yesterday - excited!

i'm a bit confused as to what resources/events there are for admitted students, and information seems a bit sparse online:

* i'm not authorized to see http://www.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admitted - should i be able to? i signed in with my application email address, but maybe that's not correct or linked?
* when are the next admit student events at CBS or in NY in general? is there a website that lists these?
* is there a facebook group and/or linkedin group to join? seems like there may not be...

any other resources for admitted students?

thanks all!
Current Student

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 07:12
nycdweller wrote:

i'm a bit confused as to what resources/events there are for admitted students, and information seems a bit sparse online:

* i'm not authorized to see http://www.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admitted - should i be able to? i signed in with my application email address, but maybe that's not correct or linked?
* when are the next admit student events at CBS or in NY in general? is there a website that lists these?
* is there a facebook group and/or linkedin group to join? seems like there may not be...

thanks all!

I got an email about Columbia Connect I which is Feb 7th - Feb 9th. That's their "admit weekend". You should be getting one of those emails(I assume).

As far as resources go I haven't found too many, I'm trying to write down questions when I have them and hopefully they will be answered at the Connect weekend.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 09:15
nycdweller wrote:

thanks all!

I'm in nyc and would love to start having monthly happy hours after connect. There doesn't seem to be any facebook/linkedin groups started yet. I can create the group but I need to have someone else to invite in order to create it. If anyone wants to pm me their facebook, I'd be more than happy to start it up.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 3

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 10:57
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

There is a Facebook group for the admits but it is hidden right now. There should be a link on the admitted students page, but it is temporarily off it and I believe that the CBS team is working to get the link back on the page.

I think that it might take a few days for you to get access to the admitted students page if you recently got admission. Look forward to meeting you guys at Connect!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 107 [0], given: 149

Premium Member
Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 13:11
AjMBA wrote:

I highly recommend attending the Connect events. Not only do you get to meet some of your future classmates but if you aren't from NYC it is really helpful to get into the city and get a feel for the location. Plus it is fun and there should be a decent amount of information you will get out of it.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 14:27
nycdweller wrote:

thanks all!

I'm in the same boat. I was admitted on Monday, and I still haven't gotten access to the admitted students' site - anyone know when I should expect access?

Through speaking to other admits, I understand that the next event is on February 8th, with informal/optional programming on the 7th and 9th. I'm flying in to NYC to attend the events on the 7th and 8th (though I have no idea what the events actually are haha).
Current Student

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2014, 05:35
mappleby wrote:
AjMBA wrote:

I highly recommend attending the Connect events. Not only do you get to meet some of your future classmates but if you aren't from NYC it is really helpful to get into the city and get a feel for the location. Plus it is fun and there should be a decent amount of information you will get out of it.

I'm definitely going, I was curious to see how many others were.

Juniper, I know Friday has a happy hour. I'm not sure what's going on Saturday but Ill be there.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 23

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 12:17
See you guys at the Columbia Connect I. Please also let us know when that facebook link is put back on Admitted site.. I can't find it anywhere. Cheers!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 780 Q V0
GPA: 3.8

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 20:08
juniper wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I was admitted on Monday, and I still haven't gotten access to the admitted students' site - anyone know when I should expect access?

Through speaking to other admits, I understand that the next event is on February 8th, with informal/optional programming on the 7th and 9th. I'm flying in to NYC to attend the events on the 7th and 8th (though I have no idea what the events actually are haha).

I got an email saying that there's an informal happy hour from 7-9PM on the 7th, school-run full-day programming on the 8th (agenda forthcoming), and then informal brunch/pub crawl starting at noon on Sunday... Sounds like it'll all be pretty chill and fun :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 15:51
Hey! Can anyone PM me the info for the admitted students happy hour tomorrow? I was just admitted at 4pm today and was hoping to attend. I unfortunately can't get a hold of the admissions office.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 22:08
Guys who attended Connect I , what was your experience?
This group seems really quiet...is there a facebook group for admitted students ?
Current Student
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 11:26
golantrevize wrote:
Guys who attended Connect I , what was your experience?
This group seems really quiet...is there a facebook group for admitted students ?

Also curious how the Columbia Connect event went. I was admitted just last week and couldn't book a flight for a reasonable price. I'm thinking about attending the one in April but want to make sure it is worth the time and money spent on travel to NYC.
Current Student
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 8

Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 19:26
Bump on the FB group question. There should be one by now!
Re: Columbia Class of 2016 - Admitted Students Thread   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2014, 19:26