Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Columbia - No Pant pooping yet?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2007, 07:58
Went to the AWESOME CBS Open House yday and Linda said that they are still trying to fill the last few spots in our class, so if you are still waiting for results don't fret. You still have a shot.

Aceman, the difference between 30 and 31 isn't huge, so do whatever you feel comfortable with. I've heard that you don't need to intern in MC to get a full time offer as there are less internships in MC, but that IB's make the majority of their full time offers to their interns, so that is something to consider. Don't forget that you'll have to convince the admissions committee why J-Term is the right program for you if you go that route so you may raise a few eyebrows if you apply with no background for IB but say you wanna do IB and don't make a case for why you don't need an internship.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

[#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2007, 11:02
ap663, can you elaborate on what Linda said a little bit more?

I am sure she didnt specify how many spots, right?
Did she talk about any timeline, as in by when would they release all of the admit decisions?

I completed my interview last week and havent heard back from them, so trying to figure out when to expect something.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2007, 23:58
AP 663 - Thanks for the feedback. Well if I do apply for the Jan intake, then I'd probably say that I will stay in the same industry as I am in now (tech). In fact that's what I said for for this past application for 07, i said I will stay in the same industry. Make a career switch is simply something in my own mind, kinda want to keep my options open, and maybe also try something different MC/IB as an internship.

Anyway, as far as the Open House, sounds like they only have a "few spots" left? That kinds sucks haha. I think there are still some people who applied in Jan who still haven't gotten their decisions yets right? Plus all the ones in Feb and March. Not to mention the WL...That's still a lotta apps left....doesn't look at that great if I haven't an interview at this point....
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2007, 09:01
DJM wrote:
ap663, can you elaborate on what Linda said a little bit more?

I am sure she didnt specify how many spots, right?
Did she talk about any timeline, as in by when would they release all of the admit decisions?

I completed my interview last week and havent heard back from them, so trying to figure out when to expect something.

no, it was a speech to admits so she didn't mention timelines or specifics as it wasn't applicable to us anymore. Linda said that we have a great class and they are still selecting the rest of it....i.e. they've yet to fill every spot...so my personal takeaway is if you're still waiting it doesn't mean you're necessarily dinged. Your guess is as good as mine as to how many spots they're still filling but all you need is one :P
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2007, 11:11
DING!

Although the Admissions Committee has given careful consideration to your application for admission to Columbia Business School, we are unable to offer you a place in the class. The number of students who apply for admission to the School is many times greater than those we can accept. It is unavoidable that we must disappoint many fine candidates.
It was extremely difficult to make this decision, and we sincerely hope that our inability to accept you will not discourage you from seeking other ways to achieve your goals. If you wish to reapply to a future term, please visit our website at http://www.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admissions/reapply.html for a reapplication checklist
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2007, 11:27
antapple wrote:
DING!

Although the Admissions Committee has given careful consideration to your application for admission to Columbia Business School, we are unable to offer you a place in the class. The number of students who apply for admission to the School is many times greater than those we can accept. It is unavoidable that we must disappoint many fine candidates.
It was extremely difficult to make this decision, and we sincerely hope that our inability to accept you will not discourage you from seeking other ways to achieve your goals. If you wish to reapply to a future term, please visit our website at http://www.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/admissions/reapply.html for a reapplication checklist

Sorry to hear that antapple. However, guessing from your avatar it seems like you have already selected your next school, so congrats!

Good Luck.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2007, 11:37
I did yes...
I would like to have that doubt and a decision over my shoulders! but it's fine anyway!...
I knew it already I guess, no interview...
But of course they leave the reapp option open, $210 it's always a good amount of money to have...
Lol
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 426 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2007, 12:36
That's too bad. As we already knew, Columbia was really tough this year.

See you at Darden in the fall.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2007, 13:29
Exactly!
I'm pretty happy with the Darden acceptence, I would only think of Columbia for 2 reasons, rankings (which aren't that serious for me, at least with this kind of gap) and my fiances life (this would be more important as she would probably get a better chance to represent her company in the US) but, well nothing of that counts now, and so, Charlottesville here I come!
  [#permalink] 17 Apr 2007, 13:29