Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 06:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Columbia - No Pant pooping yet?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 1739
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 04:14
I don't want to jinx it by congratulating you ahead of time.

But my gut feeling says.... you are through. Will wait for actually congratulating you.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 572
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 04:29
Thats awesome. Congrats on the interview.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 161
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 05:11
Awesome! Now go ahead and get accepted already so I can bug you next admissions season because Columbia is my #1 school.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 192
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 07:02
Excellent info Pelihu! Sounds like a home run to me!

If and when I do get an interview invite from Columbia, maybe we can exchange some info about. I am in the Bay area these days and have entrepreneurial aspirations post MBA.

Good luck, hope you the get the good news soon.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2304
Schools: Darden
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 09:40
Thanks guys. Agreed, let's not jinx anything. I will just sit tight and wait for the decision. I'll be glad to help with any info, and if I'm admitted it might even be considered valuable.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 188
Location: USA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 10:08
pelihu wrote:
Thanks guys. Agreed, let's not jinx anything. I will just sit tight and wait for the decision. I'll be glad to help with any info, and if I'm admitted it might even be considered valuable.


That is it.. I guess you are IN. You simply had an amazing interview. Wish you Great Luck my friend.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 188
Location: USA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 10:09
I just got WL at Col.

And I am not sad at all. CBS facilities are horribleeeeeeeee...The freaking third floor is like a prison barrack and the staff was so rude. The library was small and the interviewing cubicles were so tiny….Study rooms were cold and also quite old…..The food court was a joke. It is a very old and an outdated/obsolete building as compared to Chicago and Wharton…I was there on Feb 15 and was totally disappointed. And I am not whining i.e. sour grapesâ€
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2304
Schools: Darden
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 14:05
haddy74 wrote:
pelihu wrote:
Thanks guys. Agreed, let's not jinx anything. I will just sit tight and wait for the decision. I'll be glad to help with any info, and if I'm admitted it might even be considered valuable.


That is it.. I guess you are IN. You simply had an amazing interview. Wish you Great Luck my friend.


Thanks Haddy. I'm very hopeful at this point. I got an additional spot of good news today. In response to the thank you email that I sent, my interview replied that he was confident I could expect good news in the future. I hope he is right.

Also, I totally agree that the CBS facilities are poor, and their new facility will not be ready for 5 years or something. On the other hand, the opportunity to live, study and conduct a job search in NYC is really exciting.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Dec 2004
Posts: 3395
Location: New York City
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 175 [0], given: 2

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 14:23
well..depends where you are uris hall is old and is in the process of being upgraded..

however most of your classes will be in warren hall and the new WJW (now this a totally renovated building)

pelihu wrote:
haddy74 wrote:
pelihu wrote:
Thanks guys. Agreed, let's not jinx anything. I will just sit tight and wait for the decision. I'll be glad to help with any info, and if I'm admitted it might even be considered valuable.


That is it.. I guess you are IN. You simply had an amazing interview. Wish you Great Luck my friend.


Thanks Haddy. I'm very hopeful at this point. I got an additional spot of good news today. In response to the thank you email that I sent, my interview replied that he was confident I could expect good news in the future. I hope he is right.

Also, I totally agree that the CBS facilities are poor, and their new facility will not be ready for 5 years or something. On the other hand, the opportunity to live, study and conduct a job search in NYC is really exciting.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 485
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 14:47
Guys... I got an interview invite!!!! :)
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 1360
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 185 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 15:03
congrats, yb!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2304
Schools: Darden
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 15:08
Great job yb, good luck!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 192
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 15:08
yb wrote:
Guys... I got an interview invite!!!! :)


Congrats YB. Can you please share your profile, your submission date and the date the application went complete.

Good Luck with the Interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 485
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 16:22
Thanks everyone. DJM, my profile is 730/4.0/2.5 WE (at matriculation). Applied 1/9, went complete 1/24, interview invite 2/27.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 1001
Location: New York
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 19:10
yb wrote:
Guys... I got an interview invite!!!! :)


Congrats man...2 calls from M7 and 1 call from Elite ..ur rocking ..u will def. get an admit this year...

All the best
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 485
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2007, 19:56
Thanks buddy. Any news on your end?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 202
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2007, 10:48
that took quite sometime, so there is still hope for some!
not for me though... diversity, already 2 portuguese in and another one in the pipeline...
not sure if all three from mckinsey...
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2005
Posts: 1001
Location: New York
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2007, 11:15
yb wrote:
Thanks buddy. Any news on your end?


None ..so far ..All my hopes rest on Duke , Mar 08..
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 31 Jul 2006
Posts: 2304
Schools: Darden
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2007, 13:01
My interview has been updated and my status is complete. I guess it could be any time now - 1-2 weeks is the best estimate. It's getting hard to sit still.

Columbia seems to be doing something on their end because the website is really bogged down today. Got several time-out errors before I was able to log in and see my updated status. I don't know if it means anything, but it sure feels like a lot of news is about to spill forth.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 161
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2007, 13:26
pelihu wrote:
My interview has been updated and my status is complete. I guess it could be any time now - 1-2 weeks is the best estimate. It's getting hard to sit still.

Columbia seems to be doing something on their end because the website is really bogged down today. Got several time-out errors before I was able to log in and see my updated status. I don't know if it means anything, but it sure feels like a lot of news is about to spill forth.


Eh... I wouldn't read into it. It seems like every time I'm at the site updating my profile information or researching it acts like that.
  [#permalink] 28 Feb 2007, 13:26
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
43 Experts publish their posts in the topic The Pants Pooping Applicant Thread for 2010 kryzak 47 13 May 2009, 00:26
The Pants Pooping Admits Thread for 2009 Praetorian 1 19 Dec 2008, 00:42
2 The Pants Pooping Applicant Thread for 2009 Praetorian 13 14 Jul 2008, 20:52
IIMA Overseas candidates pants pooping venky1979 31 04 Jan 2007, 06:36
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Columbia - No Pant pooping yet?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 149 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.