Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 08:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Columbia/NYU chances

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge
Columbia/NYU chances [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2012, 20:39
Give it to me straight...

Quick stats:

3.3 gpa from non target public uni in finance/accounting. GMAT: aiming for 720 (let's keep this a variable). 20 months at a fortune 5 oil company in their finance rotational program; I've been moved to jobs with greater responsibility 2 times in these 20 months (considered move ups at my company). I intend to begin business school in the fall of 2014 (will have 3.5-4 yrs of experience by then).

I have just started working with a refugee organization in Houston that does teenage mentoring for a few hours per week. I am also very close to joining a non-profit organization that specializes in consulting Houston area small business on how to run an efficient and profitable business.

I have started an alternative transcript at UCLA Extention...I have taken one class, Corporate Finance, got an A+ in it...I will be taking Calculus and maybe Statistics next year to prove that I can do my math. Also, I am sitting for the CFA level 2 in June...I definitely have a tight schedule for the next 1-2 years.

I am really trying to bust my butt to make it into Columbia/NYU. The reason I am choosing these schools is not only because of their academic rankings but also because they are in NYC....2 years in the City would be pretty badass.

If I can't get into these schools then my next choice would be to go to Rice in Houston. I am not interested in going out west or any other area besides NYC..

My post-MBA goals are to get into Energy IB. I am working as a finance/performance analyst on the trade floor of this oil company, i am learning the business well...i think I can transfer this technical knowledge to an Energy IB firm...that's my angle.

Any advice is appreciated..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Columbia/NYU chances   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2012, 20:39