Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 05:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Comments on LSAT CR Questions

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Posts: 1408
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

Comments on LSAT CR Questions [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2003, 02:09
LSAT CR Questions

I just previewed the LSAT CR question today from the Kaplan LSAT book and wanted to leave a note for other fellow members. They seem 2 be of a much higher standards than the GMAT questions I have encountered. The main differences are

:arrow: The questions stimulus is typically much longer than that of GMAT
:arrow: The language used is usually more formal and includes non standard vocabulary!!
:arrow: The answer choices are much more similar to one another than GMAT. GMAT answer choices appear to be more distinct, and hence easier to identify the correct answer.

ME :saw LSAT
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Posts: 180
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Comments on LSAT CR Questions [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2003, 07:30
sm176811 wrote:
LSAT CR Questions

I just previewed the LSAT CR question today from the Kaplan LSAT book and wanted to leave a note for other fellow members. They seem 2 be of a much higher standards than the GMAT questions I have encountered. The main differences are

:arrow: The questions stimulus is typically much longer than that of GMAT
:arrow: The language used is usually more formal and includes non standard vocabulary!!
:arrow: The answer choices are much more similar to one another than GMAT. GMAT answer choices appear to be more distinct, and hence easier to identify the correct answer.

ME :saw LSAT



Yeah!
I had downloaded the amount of LSAT questions from China's site and did those questions; I found it was very frustrated for my accuracy rate.....I thought I am stupid.............
Very difficult identify correct answer among all option.
At least, I think so..............
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2003
Posts: 252
Location: USA
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2003, 10:36
So, considering all of the above ... is it practical to go through the LSAT questions ... they may put a dent in your confidence ... may be redundant as they are of a much higher level ... or is it that they will help by making us think more?
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Posts: 1408
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2003, 13:35
pitts20042006 wrote:
So, considering all of the above ... is it practical to go through the LSAT questions ... they may put a dent in your confidence ... may be redundant as they are of a much higher level ... or is it that they will help by making us think more?


Personally, I feel that most of the questions are quite redundant... I prefer to stick to conventional GMAT. Altough, I might do 1 or 2 LSAT questions to test my understanding of the various strategies listed in Kaplan et. al. but not bother much abt the scores.

Last edited by sm176811 on 25 Nov 2003, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Posts: 1816
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2003, 14:00
I would suggest that everyone atleast solve the free test from LSAT site and the daily LSAT question on http://www.lsac.org

LSAT questions require reasoning and we cannot get it right without reasoning. You have to say that this is so and that is so and so this is the answer. In GMAT since we are used to questions of the same type we generally know the answers. Any bouncers on the test day can be painful. But if you can solve the LSAT questions then you will see the improvement in your GMAT reasoning. Also do not time solve the LSAT. Just take your time even if it demands 1 hour for the question to be read and reasoned.

My CR has improved a lot just by solving 26 CR free LSAT questions. The same is true for RC. After all Law is unlike mba where its only the LSAT that matters.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Posts: 1408
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2003, 14:38
Bhai wrote:
I would suggest that everyone atleast solve the free test from LSAT site and the daily LSAT question on http://www.lsac.org

LSAT questions require reasoning and we cannot get it right without reasoning. You have to say that this is so and that is so and so this is the answer. In GMAT since we are used to questions of the same type we generally know the answers. Any bouncers on the test day can be painful. But if you can solve the LSAT questions then you will see the improvement in your GMAT reasoning. Also do not time solve the LSAT. Just take your time even if it demands 1 hour for the question to be read and reasoned.

My CR has improved a lot just by solving 26 CR free LSAT questions. The same is true for RC. After all Law is unlike mba where its only the LSAT that matters.


I agree with Bhai. questions are too lengthy and cumbersome to be time solved.
GMAT Instructor
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 771
Location: New York NY 10024
Schools: Haas, MFE; Anderson, MBA; USC, MSEE
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Re: Comments on LSAT CR Questions [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2003, 16:05
sm176811 wrote:
LSAT CR Questions

I just previewed the LSAT CR question today from the Kaplan LSAT book and wanted to leave a note for other fellow members. They seem 2 be of a much higher standards than the GMAT questions I have encountered. The main differences are

:arrow: The questions stimulus is typically much longer than that of GMAT
:arrow: The language used is usually more formal and includes non standard vocabulary!!
:arrow: The answer choices are much more similar to one another than GMAT. GMAT answer choices appear to be more distinct, and hence easier to identify the correct answer.

ME :saw LSAT


Yes. It is true that the LSAT question are more difficult than the GMAT cr questions. However, I believe in the heavy-bat training method. If I get confortable solving LSAT questions, the GMAT question seem very easy by comparison.
_________________

Best,

AkamaiBrah
Former Senior Instructor, Manhattan GMAT and VeritasPrep
Vice President, Midtown NYC Investment Bank, Structured Finance IT
MFE, Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley, Class of 2005
MBA, Anderson School of Management, UCLA, Class of 1993

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 339
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 79 [1] , given: 31

Re: Comments on LSAT CR Questions [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 02:14
1
This post received
KUDOS
It is surprising to see how similar LSAT questions are to GMAT questions in the manner in which they are written and the logic involved. When i mention LSAT i refer to the Easy - medium difficulty questions ( Around the first 16-18 questions of the section). I find LSAT questions to be more similar to GMAC questions than many prep companies, the tougher ones are for training at altitude and are great to improve your logic. With the tough questions it is more about LOGIC and common sense rather then mechanical rules and families etc ...
_________________

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Re: Comments on LSAT CR Questions   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2013, 02:14
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
3 Tough LSAT CR Question waltiebikkiebal 2 09 Oct 2013, 00:44
2 LSAT CR Questions metallicafan 5 21 Apr 2012, 15:31
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic Using LSAT CR Questions for GMAT AbhiJ 11 09 Apr 2012, 12:08
LSAT RC and CR questions kyatin 3 30 Mar 2008, 09:45
CR 1000 (LSAT questions) enthu4mba 7 27 May 2007, 15:32
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Comments on LSAT CR Questions

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.