Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 12:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Commitment fee problems whilst awaiting decisions

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Commitment fee problems whilst awaiting decisions [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2010, 01:08
Hi everyone,

I would greatly appreciate your advice on this bizzare situation...

Situation:
* I've been accepted into my #2 MBA programme and they require a large commitment fee due soon...

* My #1 school anounces its admissions decision a couple of days before the due date of my #2 school's commitment fee.


Complication:
* I am concerned that if I delay payment to #2 in anticipation of getting into #1, that I may get dinged from #1, not make #2's payment deadline (due to international funds transfers taking a long time) and end up schoolless???

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1115
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 323 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Commitment fee problems whilst awaiting decisions [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2010, 08:54
Expert's post
This is definitely a good problem to have. Given the early timeline of your acceptance, unless you got accepted under early action/decision, I would advise you to pay the deposit for your #2 school, in case it does not work out for your #1 school. The deposit is a small sum when you take into consideration of waiting another year and possibly not get into your #2 school next year. Also, in the bigger scope of things, your MBA tuition + expenses will trump the deposit cost.
_________________

Diversity

Re: Commitment fee problems whilst awaiting decisions   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2010, 08:54
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic decision sidworld 4 30 Oct 2013, 11:03
Experts publish their posts in the topic Error whilst trying to load tests Skag55 7 22 Oct 2013, 08:53
5 Experts publish their posts in the topic A much awaited MSR question egmat 7 01 Feb 2013, 21:09
Activities While Awaiting Results on TOEFL sampuru 0 12 Jan 2013, 20:35
SC:Commitment IWT801 5 10 Dec 2005, 19:37
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Commitment fee problems whilst awaiting decisions

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.