Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Affiliations: PMI,QAI Global,eXampleCG
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 144 [0], given: 10

Re: Committee member [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2011, 03:37
plain A here.

Visit -- http://www.sustainable-sphere.com/
Promote Green Business,Sustainable Living and Green Earth !!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 18

Re: Committee member [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2011, 15:16
Narrowed it down to A and C....A is good

My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own.

If you like my explanations award kudos.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 2

Re: Committee member [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2011, 04:08
+1 for A
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 8

Re: Committee member [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2011, 07:32
IMO A
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools: Ross '17, Duke '16
GMAT Date: 06-06-2014
GPA: 3.07
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 239 [0], given: 43

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 02:27
noboru wrote:
Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of the military’s chain of command an individual whose history of excessive drinking is such that that person would be barred from commanding a missile wing, a bomber squadron, or a contingent of fighter jets. Leadership must be established from the top down.
The committee member’s argument conforms most closely to which one of the following principles?
(A) No one who would be barred from important jobs in an organization should lead that organization.
(E) No one who cannot command a missile wing should be at the top of the military’s chain of command. => Cannot is too extreme. And the argument does not mentioned whether the ability to command or not.

OA to come.

My confusing is only between A and E. I chose E, but I found my problem here

Rules for posting in verbal gmat forum, read it before posting anything in verbal forum
Giving me + 1 kudos if my post is valuable with you :)

The more you like my post, the more you share to other's need

CR: Focus of the Week: Must be True Question

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 6

Re: Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2011, 11:02
easy A
Manager
Manager
Schools: IIM

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 11

Re: Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 00:02
I have narrowed down to A & C but chosen A because the language in C is extreme.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 05:37
Well the statement says

"We should not vote to put at the top of the military’s chain of command an individual whose history of excessive drinking is such that ....".

A) Talks about barring, which is represented as an example against result of excessive drinking [and not the core reason], so cannot be considered

D sounds perfectly aligned with the statement discussed above.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 46

Re: Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 16:01
noboru wrote:
Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of the military’s chain of command an individual whose history of excessive drinking is such that that person would be barred from commanding a missile wing, a bomber squadron, or a contingent of fighter jets. Leadership must be established from the top down.
The committee member’s argument conforms most closely to which one of the following principles?
(A) No one who would be barred from important jobs in an organization should lead that organization.
(B) Whoever leads an organization must have served at every level in the organization.
(C) Whoever leads an organization must be qualified to hold each important job in the organization.
(D) No one who drinks excessively should hold a leadership position any where along the military’s chain of command.
(E) No one who cannot command a missile wing should be at the top of the military’s chain of command.

OA to come.

My answer is A.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What you do TODAY is important because you're exchanging a day of your life for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manager
Manager
Status: exam is close ... dont know if i ll hit that number
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT Date: 10-09-2012
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2012, 10:47
i was struck between a and c
but failed to consider important words

when we have to make between two options we should recheck the conclusion

here should we select the answer which is nearest simulant of the argument.. a bit confused can anyone please clarify..

just one more month for exam...

Re: Committee member: We should not vote to put at the top of   [#permalink] 01 Sep 2012, 10:47