Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Common MBA Interview Questions [#permalink]
18 Oct 2013, 08:00
This post received KUDOS
Common MBA Interview Questions
Courtesy of the Aringo Admission Consulting research team.
THE BIG 9: VERY COMMON QUESTIONS
• Could you walk me through your resume? • Why MBA? • Why do the MBA now? • Why our school? • What are your short term/long term post-MBA career goals? • What are your 3 greatest strengths? • What are your 2 greatest weaknesses? • What do you think will be the biggest concern of the Admissions Committee in evaluating your application? • Do you have any questions for me?
• What was the most rewarding aspect of your undergraduate experience? • What are you most proud of about your undergraduate period? • Why did you select this undergraduate major? Would you have changed your decision today? • To what do you attribute your strong academic performance? • In which campus activities did you participate? What did you learn or gain from this involvement? • Have you ever dropped a class? Why? • Which college classes did you like the best/least? Why? • Do you think you received a good education? • Do your grades accurately reflect your ability?
• Describe your work experience (in general or with specific employers). • What did you find most frustrating at work? • What kinds of changes would you make at your work if you could? • Do you have any opportunity for innovative thinking? • Could you describe an incident where you disagreed with a superior? How was this settled? • What aspect of your job do you most enjoy? Why? • Of what accomplishment at work are you most proud? • Could you compare your experience in these two jobs you had? • If I ask your manager what he/she values in you, what will he/she say? • What did you enjoy most/least about position X? • Of which three accomplishments are you most proud? • What problems have you solved in your previous positions? • What have you disliked in your job with employer X? • What are some recent responsibilities you have taken on?
• Why did you leave job A for job B? • What will you do if you are not accepted to any of the MBA programs you applied to? • What will you do if you are not accepted to our MBA program? • Why did you choose to do X? • Describe your ideal job after completing the MBA. • How does your education or work experience relate to your career goals?
• Give me two cases where you demonstrated leadership. • How would others describe your leadership style? • What do you think is the right way to get things done through others? • What would you do if a team member wasn't pulling his own weight? • What qualities should a successful manager possess? • Have you ever spoken to a group of people? How large?
• What role do you usually play in group situations? Could you give an example? • Do you prefer to work under supervision or on your own? • Give me an example of your teamwork experience. • Have you worked under deadline pressure? When? • Do you prefer large or small companies? Why? • What kinds of people do you enjoy working with? • What kinds of people frustrate you? • How do you contribute to groups?
Personal and Ethics
• Tell me about yourself. • Describe a time when you had to bend the rules a little in order to accomplish a goal. • What do you like doing outside of work? • Tell me about something in your life you would have done differently if you had the opportunity. • What 3 adjectives would others use to describe you? • Can you recall a creative/innovative activity of yours? • Tell me about a time you took a risk and what the experience was like. • If you were to establish a set of values and beliefs on which to build a business, what would they be? • Is there anything specific/else that you would like the admissions committee to know about you? • Define success/failure. • Tell me about a time in which you failed. • What would you like to change about yourself? • Discuss any experience you have had abroad. • Describe a life experience that had a strong impact on you?
Extracurricular / Volunteer Work
• Have you ever done any volunteer work? What was it? • Were your extracurricular activities worth the time you put into them? What have they taught you? The MBA Program • What are you looking for in our program? • What can you contribute to your class? • Why do you think you would enjoy your chosen area of study? • What clubs are you considering joining? • It's two years after graduation, what three words would your MBA team members use to describe you?
Typical “Behavioral Interview” Questions
• In dealing with a customer, think of your most difficult situation and tell me how you handled it. • Give an example of a case when you felt your boss made a bad decision and explain how you would have handled it differently. • Describe a situation where 20 different things had to get done at once and how you handled it. • Describe a disagreement you had with your boss. What did he say? What did you say? • Describe a major problem you have faced on the job and how you handled it
Re: Common MBA Interview Questions [#permalink]
07 Nov 2013, 12:30
Sure, we provide specific guidelines for each applicant (we don't provide general or generic answers for each question above, since each applicant is unique) and perform interview prep sessions to help applicants prepare for interviews.
Re: Common MBA Interview Questions
07 Nov 2013, 12:30