Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 11 Jul 2014, 05:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GMAT Date: 01-31-2013
GPA: 3.65
WE: Research (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 22

Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 01:22
Hello there,
are the questions in OG 13 verbal section different form that in OG verbal Review2?? Is there any overlap between these two? I have Og13 and there are about 400 questions in verbal section. Og verbal review claims to have 300 questions. So are these 300 questions different form that of OG13 questions??
Isit be worth buying OG verbal review when I have OG13?

plz help... :(

Press Kudos if you find my post useful. Thank you.

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 560

Kudos [?]: 1876 [0], given: 650

Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2012, 01:25
Expert's post
Yes the questions do not overlap.
And also, investing on official questions do come with the best ROI, provided that you are using the books properly. (that is intense reviewing and googling the questions!)

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 391 [0], given: 99

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 06:09
Expert's post
Hi bb/Souvik,
Do we have any analysis for OG verbal Review 1 in our forum? I mean the purple cover book ?

Guys,your help is much appreciated.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: HEC
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
Followers: 84

Kudos [?]: 464 [0], given: 431

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 08:27
Expert's post
While souvik101990 addressed your main questions, I will add that the OG Verbal 2 questions are noticeably easier than OG 13 questions. The book is still worth using, though.

debayan222 wrote:
Do we have any analysis for OG verbal Review 1 in our forum? I mean the purple cover book?

Here is a comparison between the two editions of OG Verbal: the-official-gmat-verbal-review-1st-edition-vs-2nd-edition-83882.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 09:49
Expert's post
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2134

Kudos [?]: 7272 [0], given: 3618

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2012, 12:24
Expert's post
The questions are different in those two books, so there is no comparison of them.
The ROI question is for you to figure out. It depends what you have used for studying and where you are right now.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 07:26
Expert's post
bb wrote:
The questions are different in those two books, so there is no comparison of them.
The ROI question is for you to figure out. It depends what you have used for studying and where you are right now.

Hi bb,
Could you please let me know that which two books exactly you're specifying here ? Are they OG13 and OG Verbal 2 ? Are both of these having ALL unique questions in Verbal section ?

As far as OG Verbal 1 & 2 are concerned, there are qs. overlap as per this post : http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-official-gmat-verbal-review-1st-edition-vs-2nd-edition-83882.html
Please find MGMAT_zip file attached over there.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Expert Post
MBA Section Director

Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 07:30
Expert's post
Hey Debayan
As far as I know,
OG 12 and OG 13 are overlapped to an extent of 70-80%.
Verbal 1 and Verbal 2 are overlapped to similar extent.
However, there is no overlap between Verbal 2 and OG 13.
Does that solve your question?

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 09:56
Expert's post
souvik101990 wrote:
Hey Debayan
As far as I know,
OG 12 and OG 13 are overlapped to an extent of 70-80%.
Verbal 1 and Verbal 2 are overlapped to similar extent.
However, there is no overlap between Verbal 2 and OG 13.
Does that solve your question?

Thanks Souvik for this help..!
But actually my question was somewhat different that do we have any analysis for OG verbal Review 1 & 2 in our forum like OG 12 analysis here @ http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-club-guide-to-the-gmat-official-guide-12th-ed-85956-120.html ?

Expert Post
MBA Section Director

Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 10:04
Expert's post
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2012, 10:15
Expert's post
Hmm..! seen that.. I wish I would have got OG Verbal 2.would try to come up with one then...
However,if you get any such I'm sure you'll share with the Club as always... So thanks in advance.. :)

Re: Comparison of verbal section in OG13 and OG verbal review 2   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2012, 10:15