Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 06:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Complaints that milk bottlers take enormous markups on the

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Complaints that milk bottlers take enormous markups on the [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2004, 18:44
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Complaints that milk bottlers take enormous markups on the bottled milk sold to consumers are most likely to arise when least warranted by the actual spread between the price that bottlers pay for raw milk and the price at which they sell bottled milk. The complaints occur when the bottled-milk price rises, yet these price increases most often merely reflect the rising price of the raw milk that bottlers buy from dairy farmers. When the raw-milk price is rising, the bottlers’ markups are actually smallest proportionate to the retail price. When the raw-milk price is falling, however, the markups are greatest.

If all of the statements above are true, which one of the following must also be true on the basis of them?

(A) Consumers pay more for bottled milk when raw-milk prices are falling than when these prices are rising.
(B) Increases in dairy farmers’ cost of producing milk are generally not passed on to consumers.
(C) Milk bottlers take substantially greater markups on bottled milk when its price is low for an extended period than when it is high for an extended period.
(D) Milk bottlers generally do not respond to a decrease in raw-milk prices by straightaway proportionately lowering the price of the bottled milk they sell.
(E) Consumers tend to complain more about the price they pay for bottled milk when dairy farmers are earning their smallest profits.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: CR-milk bottlers [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2004, 23:43
Quote:
The complaints occur when the bottled-milk price rises, yet these price increases most often merely reflect the rising price of the raw milk that bottlers buy from dairy farmers. When the raw-milk price is rising, the bottlers’ markups are actually smallest proportionate to the retail price. When the raw-milk price is falling, however, the markups are greatest.

(D) Milk bottlers generally do not respond to a decrease in raw-milk prices by straightaway proportionately lowering the price of the bottled milk they sell.

the answer is clearly - D; i
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2004, 13:45
the OA is D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2004, 20:40
hey doggita where do you find these questions? what is your source ?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2004, 21:03
i believe some of these are LSAT questions..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2004, 21:19
thanx, i am getting the book soon and the cd .
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2004, 22:42
if you want, i can send you the file that i use.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2004, 07:29
that would be great - my email is - xel_naga3d@yahoo.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2004, 18:31
thanx for the file doggita, i really appreciate it, where did you find it , did you compile it from a book or u downloaded it from somewhere. i am looking fo more sources for good CR questions? do you have some more of these or do you know some websites?
  [#permalink] 16 Dec 2004, 18:31