Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 20:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Completely devastated after my GMAT experience.. (480)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Completely devastated after my GMAT experience.. (480) [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 08:07
Hi everybody!

This is my first post here even though I have been reading a lot here. Today I did GMAT for the first time and after a devastating result I feel that I am in great need of your support to be able to tackle this experience and aim for a great improvement.

My first encounter with the GMAT was about one year ago. I had got the Kaplan Premier as a christmas present. I did some questions and a few CAT and got 540 at the best.

Because of intense studying this fall I was left with about 1,5 week before my GMAT today. I am aware of that this is not optimal but because of a deadline 15/1-2014 for my school of interest i figured that i would be able to do it again in "Worst case scenario" (which I apparently ended up in).

Due to shortage of time I decided to drop Kaplan and focus solely on GMAC material and bought the following;

Quant (Did about 150 PS and 60 DS)
Verbal (Ended up only reading the test-strategies)
OG
Exam pack

I thought to myself that the first thing to do is a GMATprep to figure out where my weaknesses were;

First test (Before intense studying of GMAT related stuff)
IR 7/81%
Q 32/30 %
V 35/74 %
->570

I was quite surprised with my verbal score (Not being a native speaker), and because of my aim 600-650 (MiM) I thought to myself that this could be done! Especially because of that the Quant was low and which i consider easier to develop in 1,5 week.

I did ONLY PS problems for a couple of days and got a;

2:
IR 5/52%
Q 40/ 52%
V 33/ 67 %
->600

I was clearly happy with my improvement but were worrying about my lowered verbal. But since my weakness still was quant i continued doing PS and started doing some DS for a couple of days. Yesterday I took another GMATprep and scored;

Third GMATprep;

IR 4/37%
Q 42/57%
V 30/56%
->600

I had actually managed to equalize my scores. Even though I was a bit disappointed about my verbal i thought to myself that I will manage it tomorrow.

Exam day(Today):
IR 5/52%
Q 36/ 38%
V 21/25 %
->480 :cry:

What happened? I was in CHOCK while seeing the score on the screen... And now I am so embarrassed :oops: , I have told so many people about the D-day and I don't want to tell anyone about my score.

What could have gone wrong? What should i do to be better next time?

I can't decide yet wether i should book another exam in a month or just wait for next years round... I have done my Bachelor in Business in two years instead of standard 3 and i am considering doing a double degree in economics during the year instead..

If anyone have any input I would be thankful!

Thank You!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 644 [0], given: 6

Re: Completely devastated after my GMAT experience.. (480) [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2013, 08:22
Expert's post
Emanresuym wrote:
Due to shortage of time I decided to drop Kaplan and focus solely on GMAC material and bought the following;

Quant (Did about 150 PS and 60 DS)
Verbal (Ended up only reading the test-strategies)
OG
Exam pack

As you study the OG - you should record your answers and mark down which ones you got wrong. You can do this on paper or with our online tracker: http://www.gmatpill.com/official-guide

You can also see video explanations to compare your thought process with ours.

With your strong IR scores and weak Quant/Verbal scores - consider the possibility that you are losing steam as you progress through the test. Indeed, mental stamina and psychology is a huge aspect of the test. Please see our tips regarding this here: http://www.gmatpill.com/about/studying- ... trategies/

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Completely devastated after my GMAT experience.. (480)   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2013, 08:22