Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 07:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Completely shattedred...Help needed!!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 11-09-2011
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Completely shattedred...Help needed!!! [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 04:33
Hi All...

I took my GMAT today for the second time and was shattered... scored 660.. math 50 and verbal 27 !!!
GMAT1- Q49,V28

Rather than improving the verbal I lost a point there. :(
I took Mgmat tests
test2-700
test3-750
test4-690
test5-750
test6-750
gmatprep1 720
gmatprep2 740

But in the mgmat tests few of the questions I had already seen.So I thought I might score a little less in the actual test.
Still I was expecting a minimum of 700 in the actual test.
I really dont know what went wrong.. even in the test today I felt I had done ok in verbal and was expecting around 35. But towards the end, for 3-4 questions I did not have time so made blind guesses.

I want to apply for 2012. How bad is it going to impact on my application? (no improvement in the score). The difference between Q and V is too high.
What rank colleges can I aim for? I was aiming for Darden, columbia etc. but now I am completely shattered :(
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Completely shattedred...Help needed!!! [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 17:15
Stick to verbal, be calm and think where you went wrong in verbal. was it in SC or RC or CR? then work hard on it and take up GMAT again in coming 2-3 months. Recently my friend too got bad score in verbal and he is doing the same.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 11-09-2011

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Completely shattedred...Help needed!!! [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2011, 00:32
bhaveshlb wrote:
Stick to verbal, be calm and think where you went wrong in verbal. was it in SC or RC or CR? then work hard on it and take up GMAT again in coming 2-3 months. Recently my friend too got bad score in verbal and he is doing the same.

Is it worth giving it the 3rd time? How can I improve my verbal? I am not even sure where I went wrong. And the test series I took (MGMAT) is of no help either.
Can anyone please answer my other queries?? Can I aim for Indiana Kelley? Kenan-Flagler?Michigan State?
Re: Completely shattedred...Help needed!!!   [#permalink] 20 Nov 2011, 00:32