Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Comprehensive Admit/Ding Results Discussion Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2007, 07:44
KingKREEP wrote:
R.E.D. wrote:
Actually, I do not like vodka :)

Hold on, you said you were Russian right? Are you sure?!? :-)

That's true. But I have lots of friends in Italy and I prefer dry red wine, such as Valpolicella, Bardolino or Chianti and, the most liked - Bracchetto - red semi-sweet sparkling wine.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2007, 10:33
R.E.D. wrote:
KingKREEP wrote:
-35?!? Bloody hell, what do you guys do to keep warm...Vodka?!? ;-) Where I live, it's a pretty comfortable 20 - 25 (deg C) throughout the year. Nice weather, but no snowboarding :-)

Actually, I do not like vodka :) and a cup of hot black tea warms up not less than alcohol. Good clothes also helps.

The admission of liking "black tea" plus using vodka to "warm up" is Russian enough in my book. He probably goes in for a bottle of siberskaya Corona instead of vodka, like many of the younger Russians
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2007, 11:59
defenestrate wrote:
R.E.D. wrote:
KingKREEP wrote:
-35?!? Bloody hell, what do you guys do to keep warm...Vodka?!? ;-) Where I live, it's a pretty comfortable 20 - 25 (deg C) throughout the year. Nice weather, but no snowboarding :-)

Actually, I do not like vodka :) and a cup of hot black tea warms up not less than alcohol. Good clothes also helps.

The admission of liking "black tea" plus using vodka to "warm up" is Russian enough in my book. He probably goes in for a bottle of siberskaya Corona instead of vodka, like many of the younger Russians

Have you been to Russia? You know such details as one of the famous beer brands here :) What are your impressions about the country? What are pros and cons of doing business here?
Director
Director
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2007, 14:43
Privet Prativne, kak dela?
haha
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2007, 01:04
Congrats to haddy74 for being accepted to CBS and matriculating! :)
Current Student
Schools: Emory class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2007, 12:25
Out of the admits...haddy and djhouse, did either of you receive scholarships? Or does Columbia let you know later about scholarship awards? I think it would be interesting not only to see admits/dings, but also to see scholarship awards, if any.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 13:21
Also, interesting to note that, the people who have been admitted so far (djhouse and haddy) both were under the 700 score for GMAT. Just goes to show that GMAT is only one part of the application process.
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 104 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 18:15
emoryhopeful wrote:
Also, interesting to note that, the people who have been admitted so far (djhouse and haddy) both were under the 700 score for GMAT. Just goes to show that GMAT is only one part of the application process.

What's else, they're both US residents. I guess b-schools are in favor of their nationalities first of all.

One thing I've noticed from Yale that it is currently sending out , in its second ( or more?) load, interview invitations to high-GMAT, good-GPA, from-great-university and young applicants

Anyways, it's only my observation obtained from a small sample...generalization is not applicable here.

Last edited by laxieqv on 07 Nov 2007, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 19:20
laxieqv wrote:
emoryhopeful wrote:

What's else, they're both US residents. I guess b-schools are in favor of their nationalities first of all.

One thing I've noticed from Yale that it is currently sending out , in its second ( or more?) load, interview invitations to high-GMAT, good-GPA, from-great-university and young applicants

Anyways, it's only my observation obtained from a small sample...generalization is not applicable here.

Where's your sample size for the Yale theory?

I can't find any info anywhere.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 19:27
From those who got invitations here ...i went through their profiles.

As I mentioned, this is just my observation...You don't have to base your jugdement on it. Hope you understand. And sorry if my words go any extreme. I tried my best to express what i meant.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 20:02
laxieqv wrote:

As I mentioned, this is just my observation...You don't have to base your jugdement on it. Hope you understand. And sorry if my words go any extreme. I tried my best to express what i meant.

I wasn't offended by it. I'm also a stat junkie, so that was an interesting observation.

What would you classily as high gmat?
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 20:20
gmatclb wrote:
laxieqv wrote:

I wasn't offended by it. I'm also a stat junkie, so that was an interesting observation.

I guess it's 750+ .
Also, as one of your post mentioned, Yale is moving up the reputation rank fast; it must, therefore, try to improve average GMAT score, which is normally to us a partial indicator of how competitive a school is. Anyways, good lucks to you on getting invited and admitted :)
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 20:42
laxieqv wrote:
gmatclb wrote:
laxieqv wrote:

I guess it's 750+ .
Also, as one of your post mentioned, Yale is moving up the reputation rank fast; it must, therefore, try to improve average GMAT score, which is normally to us a partial indicator of how competitive a school is. Anyways, good lucks to you on getting invited and admitted :)

I think once a school hits the 700 threshold, it's less useful to try to get a higher average gmat. In fact, it may hurt the school's reputation as a gmat whore. I think it's in Yale's best interest (if they want to move up in gmat scores) to just hit say 705 average gmat.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 20:54
Critical reasoning: I didn't say Yale tries to reach an average GMAT score of 750 ;)

-------------------------------------------------
The Spirit of The Underdog.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 06:50
laxieqv wrote:
Critical reasoning: I didn't say Yale tries to reach an average GMAT score of 750 ;)

-------------------------------------------------
The Spirit of The Underdog.

Hard bin Reading Comprehension: I didn't say I assumed you meant Yale is trying to reach 750+. :)

In any case, my hunch is that it will be easier to get in this year than last year. I don't think I saw you in that thread. Have you or will you apply.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 10:01
I already updated my profile on the admit/ding compelation thread, but I just had to come here and let everyone know that I just found out that I'M IN!!!

After the adcom reviewed my mid-quarter grades in the business math class they asked me to take, they thought that I'm doing so well that they decided to admit me now instead of wating until the end of the quarter to re-review my application.

So, although it's not H/S/W et.al., I'm still very excited to have been accepted into the OSU Fisher College of Business PT MBA! I'll start in January. :-D

Last edited by ishcabibble on 09 Nov 2007, 10:57, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 10:07
Congrats!
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 10:50
Congrats, especially for going to a school that doesn't get as much publicity on this forum. Perhaps in the future, you can be a wealth of information for the program on GMATClub so that more schools can get exposure here.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 10:55
[quote="ishcabibble"]I already updated my profile on the admit/ding compelation thread, but I just had to come here and let everyone know that I just found out that I"M IN!!!

Congratulations! That's awesome - good for you!!! :-D

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 15:04
huge congrats!
  [#permalink] 09 Nov 2007, 15:04