Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Confuse about which course to choose?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT Date: 04-16-2013
GPA: 3.65
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Confuse about which course to choose? [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 01:58
Hi everyone,

I need your valuable suggestions regarding selection of preparatory course for gmat.

I have given my first attempt recently and scored 440 ( Q44, V11). I am from india and my verbal part is weak but in exam it was below my expectation. Now i have planned to give it again and want to score around 700 anyhow.

I am planning to take coaching this time,so i am confused between online program (Manhattan/veritas/kaplan) or classroom program( Kaplan/ veritas), which one would help me in improving my gmat score upto my expectation specially verbal? And here kaplan's certified classroom coaching is given by "The chopra's" so are they same as kaplan or not?

As on this forum there are may people who has passed this situation which i am facing now and many highly qualified people who knows each and everything about how to succeed in GMAT, so i am expecting some good recommendations considering my current situation and my target.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1029

Kudos [?]: 4478 [1] , given: 162

Re: Confuse about which course to choose? [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 19:37
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
arp3it wrote:
Hi everyone,

I need your valuable suggestions regarding selection of preparatory course for gmat.

I have given my first attempt recently and scored 440 ( Q44, V11). I am from india and my verbal part is weak but in exam it was below my expectation. Now i have planned to give it again and want to score around 700 anyhow.

I am planning to take coaching this time,so i am confused between online program (Manhattan/veritas/kaplan) or classroom program( Kaplan/ veritas), which one would help me in improving my gmat score upto my expectation specially verbal? And here kaplan's certified classroom coaching is given by "The chopra's" so are they same as kaplan or not?

As on this forum there are may people who has passed this situation which i am facing now and many highly qualified people who knows each and everything about how to succeed in GMAT, so i am expecting some good recommendations considering my current situation and my target.

Thanks

As far as Veritas is concerned, you can try it for 7 days free of cost! It might help you decide.

http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/gmat-on ... ree-trial/

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
e-GMAT Representative
Followers: 1188

Kudos [?]: 3161 [0], given: 176

Re: Confuse about which course to choose? [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 20:50
Expert's post
I agree that you should take the free trial and see which course suits you the best. If you are looking for a course designed for non-natives then do check out our free trial as well. We have most reviews by non-natives on GMAT Club.

https://e-gmat.com/secure/register_gc.php

We also have a free live session tomorrow. check that out as well. Just click the free live sessions button in the signature.

-Rajat

Free Webinar: July 26, 2014 - Ace GMAT RC: Register for this Free Webinar to learn how to apply the Reading Strategies critical to ace the GMAT Reading Comprehension. Click here to register.

Director
Director
GPA: 3.82
WE: Account Management (Retail Banking)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 75

Re: Confuse about which course to choose? [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 11:46
Veritas is an amazing course, but you MUST need the e-gmat course to learn the verbal.Unlike native speakers,we all have similar "verbal-deficiency", so don't worry it's quite "learn-able".

" Make more efforts "
Press Kudos if you liked my post

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 612 [1] , given: 5

Re: Confuse about which course to choose? [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 15:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
And of course you can go sign up for a free trial account for the GMATPill Practice Pill Platform. You get access to 800+ questions as well as a Practice Test.
GMATPill is known for its real honest testimonials (see home page), framework approaches to solve gmat questions efficiently, and the practice pill platform. Signup for a free trial account on the platform -- to see the valuable frameworks just upgrade to the full course.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Confuse about which course to choose?   [#permalink] 01 May 2013, 15:07