Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Confused about my financial condition..please help...

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 15

Confused about my financial condition..please help... [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 09:27
Hi all,

First of all about my profile..

10th : 86% state board (india)
12th : 74% state board
B.tech : 72 % ( Deemed University )

Work Exp : Currently working in US based MNC from last 10 months as Quality Analyst .

All i have is money for GMAT prep , Gmat test , Visa & Application ....till departure..
After that i would like to finance for my self....

Went bank for loans...but they need security...dnt want to bother my parents anymore...

What are Scholarship scenerios in US for MBA if i go to state university....with a avg GMAT score ( 650-700 ) & 2 year Work exp in a good MNC.
Can i get scholarship...Does getting visa depends upon how much money you have in ur bank account ??

visited 50 univ websites ...fee ranges from 30000- 80000 dollors...whart is the actual fee...after getting scholarship ?
please help me out...
thanks in advance....

Ani
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT Date: 04-06-2013
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Confused about my financial condition..please help... [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 03:12
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Ani!

Here's the Booth 1st year cost as an example:

2012 - 13 Estimated Cost of Attendance
Three Quarters (nine months)

Tuition 10 Courses, $56,000
Student Life Fee $931
Health Insurance $2,757
Administrative Service Fee $1,800 (first year only)
Lifetime Credentials Fee $45 (a one-time fee charged in fall of the first year)
Books $2,100
Rent and Utilities $13,500 ($1,500 per month)
Food $5,400 ($600 per month)
Personal $3,000
Transportation $1,350
Computer Allowance $1,800 (first year only)
Total $88,683

The scholarship could cover up to 100% of the classes costs and in some cases living expenses if you live on campus (but rarely). The banks will provide you with a loan of up to the total official costs.

But you will start repaying it only a year after graduation, so you'll have time to save up a bit. And don't forget that your summer internship will earn you roughly $2 000/week.

So in reply to your question - if you do manage to get a full scholarship, you will still have to provide for your living and personal expenses.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT Date: 04-06-2013
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Confused about my financial condition..please help... [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2013, 03:13
The worst case scenario would be that you get no scholarship and would own the bank... but that's all manageable ;) ppl wouldn't go to bschool if it wasn't profitable afterwards
Re: Confused about my financial condition..please help...   [#permalink] 28 Apr 2013, 03:13