Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 20:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Confused...Guidance needed. Urgent!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 6

Confused...Guidance needed. Urgent!! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2009, 10:27
Hi,
It is for the initial years in job and my office schedule that my Gmat got delayed. Since i couldn't muster enough confidence to go for it as i was under prepared.
But now i'm quite confused as to when shall i take GMAT. I had planned for 2010 fall.
but it looks as if i'll be cutting it to fine.

I'm looking forward to taking GMAT in December this year i.e. next month.
1) Can you please advice if it is still feasible to target Fall 2010. will i have enough time to meet the deadlines for application?
2) If yes what all Mba programs shall i be looking forward to? Where all do i stand a chance?

I just have under 2 years of work ex in IT sector as a developer and
I'm an engineer in Information Tech.

I need some guidance so that i can get on with it straight away....without wasting
much time. I badly want to get started in fall next year. So please advice accordingly.

I've kept my options open for schools in UK, US, Asia and Canada.

Thanks.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 72

Kudos [?]: 527 [0], given: 0

Re: Confused...Guidance needed. Urgent!! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2009, 16:57
You're confused because you seem to have no idea what you want - hence the open ended question of "which schools around the world should I apply to?" hoping that someone will give you some step-by-step recipe to follow rather than figuring out the specifics for yourself. The reason why I say this is because these kinds of decisions are SUBJECTIVE -- there really isn't a right or wrong answer either way, and the more open-ended your question, the less answers you're really going to get other than getting people projecting their own biases and opinions onto you.

If you really have no clue what schools to even look at, I suggest starting with the various rankings publications. Get a sense for the different tiers of schools, and the kinds of career opportunities. GO THROUGH THIS DISCUSSION FORUM - there is tons of information here posted by extremely knowledgeable posters (not just my forum haha).

Yes, you don't want to waste time, but you should honestly also do the work yourself, rather than having other people do the research for you and tell you what to do. There's a wealth of info on this discussion forum alone. Take the time to read through it. You will be far more informed and educated for it, and then once you do, when you come back to ask questions, I can be a bit more helpful.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: Confused...Guidance needed. Urgent!!   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2009, 16:57