Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 11:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Considering Manchester Business School?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Considering Manchester Business School? [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2012, 13:29
If so, I've just started here so am happy to answer any questions if I can. Alternatively visit my blog at mbamanchester dotcom for an insight into MBS life.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Considering Manchester Business School? [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2012, 23:14
Hi,

An overview of my profile is given below:
GMAT score - 670 (Q45, V37)
Graduation BCom (H) - 8.31 CGPA
Class 12 - 80%
Class 10 - 82%
Work ex - 3 yrs and counting

I was one of the 4 school captains. I actively participated in all the school activities including sports, but do not have any certificates or medals
During graduation, I was the class rep. I have also been the speaker at seminars held in my college and my team won the first position in quiz contests.

I am a trained and certified classical dancer. I have organised and participated in various cultural programs. I have also been associated with an NGO for quite some time.

I do not have any significant achievements at work. However, immediately after I joined, I was part of the core team that organised the annual day very successfully. I was involved in all aspects from the venue to the performances and invites etc. That was the first time an event of such a magnitude was held in the organisation.

It is not possible for me to take the GMAT again.

Please guide me on the following:
With my profile, what are the chances of getting into MBS?
How else should I strengthen my profile?
How much weightage/importance is given to extra-curriculars?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q V

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Considering Manchester Business School? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 00:01
Hi,

670 is certainly good enough for MBS. Your extra-curricular activities will certainly count in your favour - they are especially keen on people who have been active in the not for profit sector.

The major area of concern would be your work experience. You generally need to show some progression or initiative to get in if you only have three years experience so have a think on how you could sell yourself on this aspect. Having said this, there are many people in their mid twenties here so it certainly isn't impossible to make it after three years.

What country are you from? They tend to value a diverse class so if you are from a country that hasn't had many previous alumni you will have a better chance.

Good luck and check out my blog at http://www.mbamanchester.com
Intern
Intern

Re: Considering Manchester Business School? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 00:43
Thanks for the reply. I'm from India.

Please advise for the application process, especially the essays.
Intern
Intern

Re: Considering Manchester Business School? [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2012, 01:18
Hi! Can you say a little more about Manchester Business school? I have read a lot about different schools schools so far (Mannheim, Barcelona, Shanghai...) and I'm a little overwhelmed with the opportunities you have. Benefits? Reputation? Thanks a lot!!
Re: Considering Manchester Business School?   [#permalink] 22 Oct 2012, 01:18