Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 23:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 77

Kudos [?]: 480 [0], given: 102

Premium Member CAT Tests
Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 26 May 2013, 05:43
Expert's post
Hi Guys,
Can anyone share any thoughts-which top-tier Consulting companies have industry expertise in Real Estate...?

Also urge the experts to share their views on this.

Much appreciate any feedback.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Last edited by bagdbmba on 03 Jun 2013, 00:23, edited 1 time in total.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2013, 00:23
Expert's post
debayan222 wrote:
Hi Guys,
Can anyone share any thoughts-which top-tier Consulting companies have industry expertise in Real Estate...?

Also urge the experts to share their views on this.

Much appreciate any feedback.

Any thoughts on this folks?

bb-do you have any idea on this?

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: Q V0
GPA: 3.1
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 11:20
Interested as well...where in Real Estate is your experience? I am currently a broker myself...
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 11:23
Expert's post
UFmark wrote:
Interested as well...where in Real Estate is your experience? I am currently a broker myself...

Don't have any direct exposure to RE...I work in IT but also manages family business of RE dev.

BTW,where are you from?

Intern
Intern

Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 11:29
debayan222 wrote:
UFmark wrote:

Don't have any direct exposure to RE...I work in IT but also manages family business of RE dev.

BTW,where are you from?

Florida :) - And just for reference I'm an associate broker, I do not own my own brokerage.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 11:31
Expert's post
UFmark wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
UFmark wrote:

BTW,where are you from?

Florida :) - And just for reference I'm an associate broker, I do not own my own brokerage.

Nice...so any idea on this?

Intern
Intern

Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 11:43
debayan222 wrote:

I am not sure, the only thing I know is that top consulting companies like to hire a diverse group of individuals from all sectors of business. So I am sure that being in RE and working in a client-facing role would not hinder your opportunity to be hired into a consulting firm.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 12:03
Expert's post
UFmark wrote:
debayan222 wrote:

I am not sure, the only thing I know is that top consulting companies like to hire a diverse group of individuals from all sectors of business. So I am sure that being in RE and working in a client-facing role would not hinder your opportunity to be hired into a consulting firm.

Hmm...Glad to know that! Thanks.

Talking like an Admission Consultant dude :)

Current Student
Schools: Tuck - Class of 2012
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 1

Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 20:09
The top firms don't really do real estate work, there's little incentive for a client to go with a management consulting firm for a real estate project when they can hire someone like CBRE who strictly does real estate.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 20:36
Expert's post
Ginetta wrote:
The top firms don't really do real estate work, there's little incentive for a client to go with a management consulting firm for a real estate project when they can hire someone like CBRE who strictly does real estate.

Ginetta- glad to hear from you...!

But I think, big fish like McK,Bain,Deloitte do have RE industry expertise...So,any thoughts on this?

BTW,sent you a PM.Please check it out.

Current Student

Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 20:43
debayan222 wrote:
Ginetta wrote:

But I think, big fish like McK,Bain,Deloitte do have RE industry expertise...So,any thoughts on this?

Those firms may do some work in real estate but often times it is from the organizational perspective (ie helping real estate firms deal with business problems) NOT in the actual development of real estate. It depends on what you want to do I guess.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 20:58
Expert's post
Ginetta wrote:
debayan222 wrote:
Ginetta wrote:

Those firms may do some work in real estate but often times it is from the organizational perspective (ie helping real estate firms deal with business problems) NOT in the actual development of real estate. It depends on what you want to do I guess.

Hmm..right you're...

And thanks for the PM's reply. BTW, in which industry you're working currently?

Current Student

Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 21:03
debayan222 wrote:

Hmm..right you're...

No problem. I work in consulting.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 21:08
Expert's post
Ginetta wrote:
debayan222 wrote:

Hmm..right you're...

No problem. I work in consulting.

Wow! that's cool..! Well,that's the job of a consultant ie helping its clients grow their business whatever industry it might be...MCs don't really do the core work of any industry I guess but rather formulate strategy (probably end-to-end..it depends I think) for their customers...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 23:14
i dont know where's the real estate company you mean...

A virtual business office can offer high quality Virtual Offices with telecommunications solutions.The solutions just provide full flexibility and are suitable to any budget. This kind of office can offer a prestigious business address, automated phone system and a professional virtual receptionist.

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...? [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 23:20
Expert's post
lucifer0993 wrote:
i dont know where's the real estate company you mean...

I don't get you either... :)

Re: Consulting companies with Real Estate Industry expertise...?   [#permalink] 20 Jun 2013, 23:20