I live in San Francisco, but really want to relocate to NYC and attend Stern's part-time program. The problem is, Stern's notification date isn't until Aug 15th (and I assume classes start early September). I've already applied, in hopes that they will notify me before notification date, but that isn't guaranteed.
I have already been accepted in USC, which isn't my first choice, but it is a great alternative. Additionally, I am trying to network and look for job opportunities in both regions, but I don't want to make a decision on a job until I know where I will be attending school, which is my first priority.
My question is, should I try to contact the AdCom and ask them to make an earlier decision? Will they listen? Given NYU's late notification date, I can't be the only applicant in this situation, right? I wrote about my situation in the optional essay, but I'm afraid they wont read it until it's too late. Would it be pushy/rude to call them and inform them of my situation? NYU is my first choice, but I am afraid I will have to settle for my second choice if I don't hear of a decision earlier than Aug.