Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 590 Q43 V29
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 01:33
Hi,

Any reviews on full-time MBA from Copenhagen Business School. I can't see its ranking in top 100 MBA colleges ranking of FT2012.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT Date: 11-21-2012
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Re: Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 22:48
GVANR wrote:
Hi,

Any reviews on full-time MBA from Copenhagen Business School. I can't see its ranking in top 100 MBA colleges ranking of FT2012.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Hi

My suggestion would be that u should not blindly rely on the rankings given.

One thing which I really liked about the college is there transparency. You will find out clear details regarding class profile, list of visiting companies, placement stats etc on there website....

However here is some information which I am copying from wiki....

Eduniversal ranked Copenhagen Business School the #3 business school in the world in 2009, behind Harvard Business School and London Business School. Copenhagen Business School was also awarded a 5 Palmes rating, as one of 100 Universal Business Schools with Major International Influence. [15]

The QS Global 200 Business School Report 2012 ranked the Copenhagen Business School MBA program #11 in Europe.

The Economist Which MBA? ranked the Copenhagen Business School MBA program #83 in the global Top 100 in 2011.

The Financial Times ranked the Copenhagen Business School MBA program in Europe #31 in 2009, #23 in 2010 and #40 in 2011.

The Wall Street Journal ranked the Copenhagen Business School MBA program #12 globally amongst accelerated MBA programs in 2009.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 561 [0], given: 30

Re: Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 23:44
Expert's post
prem2056 wrote:
GVANR wrote:
Hi,

Please suggest.

Thanks

Hi

My suggestion would be that u should not blindly rely on the rankings given.

I totally agree. And this is especially true when you are approaching schools in countries outside the US. There are many many European countries that don't have a single school in the top rankings (or ranked at all) does this mean that there are whole countries of 60 million inhabitants with NO good schools? and NO jobs? and NO business???

Of course not!!!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 215

Re: Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA [#permalink] New post 29 May 2013, 08:42
CBS is perceived as the best business school in Scandinavia and many employers in the region look to recruit there. However, it is not very recognized elsewhere, so you might need to clarify if a career in Denmark or it surroundings is what you are looking for. I lived in Denmark previously and I can tell you it is not the easiest place to adapt to.
Intern
Intern

Re: Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2013, 00:27
Ducksworth wrote:
CBS is perceived as the best business school in Scandinavia and many employers in the region look to recruit there. However, it is not very recognized elsewhere, so you might need to clarify if a career in Denmark or it surroundings is what you are looking for. I lived in Denmark previously and I can tell you it is not the easiest place to adapt to.

Thanks for reply.
Can you please elaborate more on "adapt to". I mean is there anything which troubles while studying...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 215

Re: Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2013, 07:59
GVANR wrote:
Thanks for reply.
Can you please elaborate more on "adapt to". I mean is there anything which troubles while studying...

There is some trouble, particularly for people of a certain religion, but I would prefer to discuss this particular topic off the record since it will always be a heated topic.

What I meant more in general is that, compared to London for example, Copenhagen is not a city where you can spend a life keeping your identity. Instead, you are required to fully adapt and integrate. Some people might think this is a good thing, but I personally feel that the charm and success of London and many other international cities is precisely its many cultures all coexisting. Also, Danish is a particularly difficult language making integration very difficult. There are also issues of food, this "hygge" thing I never understood, and so on. But again, what can I possibly I know...
Intern
Intern

Re: Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2013, 21:44
Ducksworth wrote:
GVANR wrote:
Thanks for reply.

There is some trouble, particularly for people of a certain religion, but I would prefer to discuss this particular topic off the record since it will always be a heated topic.

What I meant more in general is that, compared to London for example, Copenhagen is not a city where you can spend a life keeping your identity. Instead, you are required to fully adapt and integrate. Some people might think this is a good thing, but I personally feel that the charm and success of London and many other international cities is precisely its many cultures all coexisting. Also, Danish is a particularly difficult language making integration very difficult. There are also issues of food, this "hygge" thing I never understood, and so on. But again, what can I possibly I know...

Thanks for info.. Can you please let me know the employment ratios and difficulty faced by an Indian citizen. What are options of part time jobs in Denmark.
Re: Copenhagen Business School full-time MBA   [#permalink] 10 Jun 2013, 21:44