Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Sep 2014, 10:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Sep 2012
Posts: 21
WE: Sales (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2012, 12:00
In for R1
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 26
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 12

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2012, 22:51
Hi guys,

Planning on applying in r3 to cornell. Had a question, cornell's R3 is in Jan and then they have another round R4, which corresponds with regular R3 at other schools, so if I apply in Jan (Cornell's R3) is that the same as R2 or not really? Maybe I am over thinking this...any suggestions?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 95
Location: United States (SC)
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2012, 13:40
dmalik1 wrote:
Hi guys,

Planning on applying in r3 to cornell. Had a question, cornell's R3 is in Jan and then they have another round R4, which corresponds with regular R3 at other schools, so if I apply in Jan (Cornell's R3) is that the same as R2 or not really? Maybe I am over thinking this...any suggestions?

Cornell's R2 and R3 are similar to other schools' R2 with a slight favoring towards R2 over R3 here at Johnson.

Also- I will check in with GC occasionally and would be happy to help out with questions from applicants about Johnson, Cornell, or Ithaca!

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 29
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 08:02
Hi

I had applied in 2010 and was rejected. This year I'd like to apply again, however, I haven't heard back from them with regards to a few questions. I had actually asked for a TOEFL waiver since I don't want to appear again for it (last time I took, got a 110) as it'll expire on 9th Oct'12. Also I've studied and worked in a country where English is the official language. I'm not sure why I'm not receiving a reply from them. Has anyone else faced such issues in delayed responses or no responses at all? The funny thing is last time they had waived it too and this time even after following up, I haven't heard back
Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2009
Posts: 1116
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 323 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 18:32
Expert's post
synecdoche wrote:
Hi

I had applied in 2010 and was rejected. This year I'd like to apply again, however, I haven't heard back from them with regards to a few questions. I had actually asked for a TOEFL waiver since I don't want to appear again for it (last time I took, got a 110) as it'll expire on 9th Oct'12. Also I've studied and worked in a country where English is the official language. I'm not sure why I'm not receiving a reply from them. Has anyone else faced such issues in delayed responses or no responses at all? The funny thing is last time they had waived it too and this time even after following up, I haven't heard back

How long has it been? Maybe they are just a bit backed up with questions. You can always follow up with a call or another e-mail. I'm sure they are not ignoring your waiver request.
_________________

Diversity

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 29
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2012, 19:13
asimov wrote:

How long has it been? Maybe they are just a bit backed up with questions. You can always follow up with a call or another e-mail. I'm sure they are not ignoring your waiver request.


Been around 3 weeks I guess.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 16:28
How is everyone doing? Less then a week away from round 1! I'm still struggling with essay 3... (doing TOC)
Director
Director
User avatar
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 592
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 113 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 18:01
It is a very exciting time at Cornell right now and this is being reflected in the increase in applications. I would really love to be part of the school especially as they start building their new Manhattan campus -- what a great opportunity to have input into this major expansion.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review
_________________

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2012
Posts: 39
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2012, 21:28
Hello Everyone

I am working towards submitting my application in round 1 and I am facing a technical issue. The PDF version of the application form you get to view before submission for some reason does not show most of the transcripts I had uploaded (in spite of being able to view them in 'view document' part of transcripts section). The message I see in the pdf version is 'Attachment for question Institution2 Transcript 3 cannot be printed. Please validate the uploaded document.'

I did send out an email to the admissions team requesting them for inputs.

I just wanted to know if anyone else is facing/faced the same issue and if they know a way around it.

Good luck to everyone.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2012, 06:50
highwyre237 wrote:
How is everyone doing? Less then a week away from round 1! I'm still struggling with essay 3... (doing TOC)


Im with your highwyre, the TOC essay is a thinker.. Every 5 words I write get so carefully scrutinized, then inevitably I erase them. So far at like 280 words and 47 chapters to my book.. I have way too many chapters.. You experience a similar issue or have you found a way to get more words into less chapters?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2012, 07:17
Dbalks wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
How is everyone doing? Less then a week away from round 1! I'm still struggling with essay 3... (doing TOC)


Im with your highwyre, the TOC essay is a thinker.. Every 5 words I write get so carefully scrutinized, then inevitably I erase them. So far at like 280 words and 47 chapters to my book.. I have way too many chapters.. You experience a similar issue or have you found a way to get more words into less chapters?


Yeah, I'm going a different direction with it... dont want to give away how I'm doing it... but it will 100% show my personality...
It'll either be a major hit, or a total miss. I started doing something like 10 chapters, with a bunch of sub chapters... but it looked like a boring list of nothing... so I took some direction from my "25 random things" essay from fuqua, threw in some creativity, and now I have a great idea, just need to execute it correctly.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 10:26
highwyre237 wrote:
Dbalks wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
How is everyone doing? Less then a week away from round 1! I'm still struggling with essay 3... (doing TOC)


Im with your highwyre, the TOC essay is a thinker.. Every 5 words I write get so carefully scrutinized, then inevitably I erase them. So far at like 280 words and 47 chapters to my book.. I have way too many chapters.. You experience a similar issue or have you found a way to get more words into less chapters?


Yeah, I'm going a different direction with it... dont want to give away how I'm doing it... but it will 100% show my personality...
It'll either be a major hit, or a total miss. I started doing something like 10 chapters, with a bunch of sub chapters... but it looked like a boring list of nothing... so I took some direction from my "25 random things" essay from fuqua, threw in some creativity, and now I have a great idea, just need to execute it correctly.


Hey, if you have creativity at all you beat me. My strength doesnt lie in my creativity here, so I just went pretty straightforward chapter names and tried to make them sound as interesting as they are to me. I guess our own lives sound much cooler to ourselves than others, so my chapter titles probably seem a lot cooler to me than they will to the Johnson admin.

Submitted my app just a while ago, now comes months of nervously waiting. Out of all the schools I've been to, I actually did like the vibe of Johnson best. Seems like a fun place to learn for a couple of years.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 10:39
Dbalks wrote:
Hey, if you have creativity at all you beat me. My strength doesnt lie in my creativity here, so I just went pretty straightforward chapter names and tried to make them sound as interesting as they are to me. I guess our own lives sound much cooler to ourselves than others, so my chapter titles probably seem a lot cooler to me than they will to the Johnson admin.

Submitted my app just a while ago, now comes months of nervously waiting. Out of all the schools I've been to, I actually did like the vibe of Johnson best. Seems like a fun place to learn for a couple of years.


I actually wrote 3 versions for essay 3... 1 was a TOCs, and 2 failures (one work one person) I couldnt figure out which to use...

My TOC was awesome, from a creativity standpoint... but I think the content was a bit boring. I think I'm going with the personal failure... its a pretty awesome story.

Good luck, I'm planning on submitting tonight.

Dumb question... 10/17 by midnight... does that mean by 12:00am 10/17 (as in tonight) or by 12:00am 10/18 (as in tomorrow night)
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 10:47
I believe the page said 11:59PM Est on 10/17, so you should be alright with tomorrow. Either way, submitting tonight is safe.

If you wanted an objective view on your #3 essays from a third party standpoint feel free to share through a PM. Just take it with a grain of salt I guess cause this is a direct competitor offering to help.

I really felt obligated to do the TOC, just because they have been going with it for so many years, I have no truly great failures (I guess I dont try hard enough to have a great fail, shame on me), and I cant offer much to diversity from a white male perspective.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 11:00
I take it back, it does say midnight on their website.. that is kind of confusing.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 11:13
Dbalks wrote:
I believe the page said 11:59PM Est on 10/17, so you should be alright with tomorrow. Either way, submitting tonight is safe.

If you wanted an objective view on your #3 essays from a third party standpoint feel free to share through a PM. Just take it with a grain of salt I guess cause this is a direct competitor offering to help.

I really felt obligated to do the TOC, just because they have been going with it for so many years, I have no truly great failures (I guess I dont try hard enough to have a great fail, shame on me), and I cant offer much to diversity from a white male perspective.


Same here on the diversity note. Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm feeling good about the personal essay. Since I didnt do the TOC, I figured I needed to at least bring a bit more personality into my essay.

I tried hard with the TOC... but, sadly, white middle class kids growing up in the suburbs lead pretty lame childhoods... It just came off pretty boring. It was all creativity, and personality... but just lame content until I got into college. I felt compelled to do the TOC too, especially since I'm planning on Marketing post MBA, and am worried they'll think I'm not creative enough to do that option... but... my failure essay was just stronger, and introduced new aspects of my character.

Who knows though? I'm sure we're both reading too far into it
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 18:01
Submitted!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 75
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 19

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 11:08
Just submitted!

I am a bit skeptical about the TOC essay. With each revision and read, I thought it was getting lamer. But a friend read it, and said the essay was good. So I just went with it. Hopefully, it'll work out.

Good Luck to all!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 70
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 22

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2012, 16:33
Just hit submit. Good luck all!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Status: Up again.
Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 493
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 75

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 11:37
Submitted! Was waitlisted last year. Lets see how it goes this year..
_________________

My GMAT debrief: from-620-to-710-my-gmat-journey-114437.html

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2012, 11:37
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 RSri 127 19 Dec 2012, 09:50
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  83    Next  [ 1654 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.