Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Awesome Level: 10++
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
No scholarship for me :(. Just got the email. Did most of the admitted students receive any scholarship?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
TrojanWarrior wrote:
No scholarship for me :(. Just got the email. Did most of the admitted students receive any scholarship?

I think the majority of people do receive aid (somewhere around 75% i think)... but its usually a pretty small amount of money.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
TrojanWarrior wrote:

None for me either. I'll be matriculating at another school so hopefully a spot opens up for a fellow gmatclub poster. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
TrojanWarrior wrote:

This is purely just my speculation, but I think that Johnson gives most of its merit-based scholarships to the flagship two-year MBA program. Any AMBA admits receive a scholarship here?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Geez, I just had an update on my profile: "Application under review"

My hands are sweating now!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
rainfall wrote:

All the best!!

My status is :

APPLICATION STATUS: SUBMITTED
PRINT RECEIPT
Submitted Date: 1/28/2013 3:24:00 AM EST
CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW - WE PROCESSED YOUR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. MEMBERS OF THE ADMISSIONS TEAM WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION. YOU WILL RECEIVE UPDATES REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION STATUS VIA EMAIL AND CHANGES TO YOUR APPLICATION STATUS. PLEASE CHECK FOR UPDATES PERIODICALLY.

Does this mean is it in under review or just submitted??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
This is purely just my speculation, but I think that Johnson gives most of its merit-based scholarships to the flagship two-year MBA program. Any AMBA admits receive a scholarship here?

CK, are you an AMBA admit?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
EmBeeAy23 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:

No - Class of 2015, baby!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
EmBeeAy23 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:

No - Class of 2015, baby!

Noiice. I thought so, but your question made me hesitate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
BMN wrote:
rainfall wrote:

All the best!!

My status is :

PRINT RECEIPT
CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW - WE PROCESSED YOUR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS. MEMBERS OF THE ADMISSIONS TEAM WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION. YOU WILL RECEIVE UPDATES REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION STATUS VIA EMAIL AND CHANGES TO YOUR APPLICATION STATUS. PLEASE CHECK FOR UPDATES PERIODICALLY.

my status is the same as yours
"CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW"

Mine wasn't this a few days ago. It was just written "Submitted", without the additional paragraph below.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rainfall wrote:
BMN wrote:
rainfall wrote:

All the best!!

My status is :

PRINT RECEIPT

my status is the same as yours
"CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW"

Mine wasn't this a few days ago. It was just written "Submitted", without the additional paragraph below.

Oh, Good. Thanks for the info :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
Mine has been saying "Submitted" with the "Currently under review" paragraph since about a month. I don't think it means something, as none of the domestic invites have been reported yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
Mine has been saying "Submitted" with the "Currently under review" paragraph since about a month. I don't think it means something, as none of the domestic invites have been reported yet.

All the best!!
I am glad at least the status is changed, coz I have a slight chance of hoping that my wait wouldn't be too long.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Send PM
BMN wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

All the best!!
I am glad at least the status is changed, coz I have a slight chance of hoping that my wait wouldn't be too long.

From the admissions director's blog post back in January: the "currently under review" status shows up once the application managers in the admissions office ensures that all necessary information is included in the applicant's file. From there it will get placed into a queue for initial read. Third, it is reviewed by the adcom during Tuesday and Thursday meetings. From there, if you are invited to interview, it goes into another queue to arrange the interview. If you are not invited to interview at that time it is placed in a separate queue, which may be reviewed again at the discretion of the adcom. Once you are invited to interview it is supposed to show up as complete - awaiting final decision.

That being said, we have noticed on this site that the labels are not always timely nor are they always accurate. The post in January also states that they will IDEALLY get 20 - 30 applicants into the reader queues each week. Furthermore, we know that they may still be reaching out to round 2 candidates - so don't worry too much if you are "currently under review" for an extended period of time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Seen wrote:
BMN wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:

From the admissions director's blog post back in January: the "currently under review" status shows up once the application managers in the admissions office ensures that all necessary information is included in the applicant's file. From there it will get placed into a queue for initial read. Third, it is reviewed by the adcom during Tuesday and Thursday meetings. From there, if you are invited to interview, it goes into another queue to arrange the interview. If you are not invited to interview at that time it is placed in a separate queue, which may be reviewed again at the discretion of the adcom. Once you are invited to interview it is supposed to show up as complete - awaiting final decision.

That being said, we have noticed on this site that the labels are not always timely nor are they always accurate. The post in January also states that they will IDEALLY get 20 - 30 applicants into the reader queues each week. Furthermore, we know that they may still be reaching out to round 2 candidates - so don't worry too much if you are "currently under review" for an extended period of time.

Thanks for the info :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Send PM
The lack of activity on this forum is pretty scary. What is Cornell doing this year? They are 47 days away from the application deadline, and still only handful of invites. Has Cornell admitted majority of the class already, and now just looking to add few more?

Or it could be that GC members are not applying to Cornell this year. Highly unlikely.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
hailmary620 wrote:
The lack of activity on this forum is pretty scary. What is Cornell doing this year? They are 47 days away from the application deadline, and still only handful of invites. Has Cornell admitted majority of the class already, and now just looking to add few more?

Or it could be that GC members are not applying to Cornell this year. Highly unlikely.

I think Cornell actually has one of the longest threads on GC from what I can see! I think the reason there is not more activity right now is because Cornell has a rolling admissions process. I applied R2 and was interviewed and admitted by the end of Feb. A lot of the active threads now are for people waiting anxiously to hear back from schools with a set notification day, so everyone is naturally freaking out.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts