Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 07:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 07:48
Seen wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
So just as an FYI, I received my invitation for an interview this morning.


Lol, looks like I was completely wrong. Congratulations, Oladipo4!



Congrats on the Interview Invite. Quick Question - What time of day do we believe these interview notifications will be received? Additionally, did you receive the invite via e-mail notification or telephone?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 08:24
Oladipo4 wrote:
Domestic


Are you going to interview on campus?

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 08:26
contraidentukl wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
Domestic


Are you going to interview on campus?

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...


Where are you comming from?

I'd say if you're in the northeast, go. If not, I wouldnt worry too much. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 08:33
highwyre237 wrote:
contraidentukl wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
Domestic


Are you going to interview on campus?

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...


Where are you comming from?

I'd say if you're in the northeast, go. If not, I wouldnt worry too much. Good luck!


I'm in California. I really want to go visit the campus, not only to show that I'm serious, but also because I want to get a feel for the culture.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 08:38
contraidentukl wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
contraidentukl wrote:
Are you going to interview on campus?

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...


Where are you comming from?

I'd say if you're in the northeast, go. If not, I wouldnt worry too much. Good luck!


I'm in California. I really want to go visit the campus, not only to show that I'm serious, but also because I want to get a feel for the culture.


Hmmm, your call. I agree though, getting a feel for the campus is important, and will really come through in your passion for the school during your interview. I can't say, all things equal, interviewing on campus will help improve your chances, but this seems like a great chance to find out if you could see yourself in Ithaca for 2 years.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2012
Posts: 13
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE: Accounting (Education)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 13

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 09:09
highwyre237 wrote:

Hmmm, your call. I agree though, getting a feel for the campus is important, and will really come through in your passion for the school during your interview. I can't say, all things equal, interviewing on campus will help improve your chances, but this seems like a great chance to find out if you could see yourself in Ithaca for 2 years.


I found the campus visit to be pivotal for my interviews (and essays). It turned me off from some schools and lit a fire for others. Your talking points will resonate. If it's unfeasible though, talk to as many current students as possible and identify connections to what's important to you.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 09:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
pgreco86 wrote:
Seen wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
So just as an FYI, I received my invitation for an interview this morning.


Lol, looks like I was completely wrong. Congratulations, Oladipo4!



Congrats on the Interview Invite. Quick Question - What time of day do we believe these interview notifications will be received? Additionally, did you receive the invite via e-mail notification or telephone?

I got mine at around 8:30 AM CST and the notification was by email.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 09:30
contraidentukl wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
Domestic


Are you going to interview on campus?

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...

I think I am going to try to interview on campus. I think it can only help your chances and in my opinion, the website seems to stress the importance of making it to campus.

However, I'm in Houston and if the ticket is over $600 I may reconsider.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:04
I am an Indian and still I didn't get any notification. Does that mean it is a ding or can I wait till 25th of this month??
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:11
Oladipo4 wrote:
contraidentukl wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
Domestic


Are you going to interview on campus?

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...

I think I am going to try to interview on campus. I think it can only help your chances and in my opinion, the website seems to stress the importance of making it to campus.

However, I'm in Houston and if the ticket is over $600 I may reconsider.


You should fly to NYC/Philly and drive from there. That's what I did during my class visit. and I am from Houston as well.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:17
hailmary620 wrote:
Oladipo4 wrote:
contraidentukl wrote:

Are you going to interview on campus?

Does anyone know if Cornell is neutral in its stance on students who interview on vs. off campus? This week is Spring Break and tickets to Ithaca are over $700...

I think I am going to try to interview on campus. I think it can only help your chances and in my opinion, the website seems to stress the importance of making it to campus.

However, I'm in Houston and if the ticket is over $600 I may reconsider.


You should fly to NYC/Philly and drive from there. That's what I did during my class visit. and I am from Houston as well.


Oh agreed, flying into Ithaca or even Syracuse or Buffalo is expensive... I'd go to JFK or LGA.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Location: China
Daniel: Shi
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:30
BMN wrote:
I am an Indian and still I didn't get any notification. Does that mean it is a ding or can I wait till 25th of this month??


Are u applying for AMBA or the 2-yr program?

One of my friends applying for AMBA got an interview invite recently. But her application has been under review bascially since her submission according to her application status.

It's said the competition is more fierce among applicants for the 2-yr program. I'm still waiting for my notification. My status was changed to "under review" just last week so I suppose the adcoms just started processing a new batch of applications. so it may still take the adcoms some time to send out invites. if my friend can get an interview, i think i definitely have a shot....:)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 83
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 5

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:43
If you fly into NYC, the Campus to Campus bus that runs 3 times daily is convenient and not that expensive ($80 each way I think).
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:52
ctgmat123 wrote:
If you fly into NYC, the Campus to Campus bus that runs 3 times daily is convenient and not that expensive ($80 each way I think).



Although, for 160... it may be worth renting a car at the airport. It'd be nice to be able to check out the area, unless you plan of visiting NYC on your trip.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Jun 2010
Posts: 83
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 5

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 11:55
That's a good point. After the time/cost to get from the airport to Manhattan - assuming you took a taxi - and the bus both ways to and from Ithaca, it would probably negate any costs you saved flying into NYC.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 12:06
mathsdaniel wrote:
BMN wrote:
I am an Indian and still I didn't get any notification. Does that mean it is a ding or can I wait till 25th of this month??


Are u applying for AMBA or the 2-yr program?

One of my friends applying for AMBA got an interview invite recently. But her application has been under review bascially since her submission according to her application status.

It's said the competition is more fierce among applicants for the 2-yr program. I'm still waiting for my notification. My status was changed to "under review" just last week so I suppose the adcoms just started processing a new batch of applications. so it may still take the adcoms some time to send out invites. if my friend can get an interview, i think i definitely have a shot....:)


I am applying for 2-yr pgm. My status too changed a week back to "under review". Don't take me wrong, but if your friend gets it doesn't mean you will get a shot. The reason why I am saying this is I have experience, my friend with less academics(and overall profile) got into Emory but I didn't get an invite too. Looks like, luck too matters :(

I wish all the best for both of us.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Mar 2013
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 12:08
hailmary620 wrote:
You should fly to NYC/Philly and drive from there. That's what I did during my class visit. and I am from Houston as well.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a ticket to Newark which was slightly cheaper and slightly closer to Ithaca than La Guardia. Ended up with a ticket for 375 so even after rental car/gas costs it will be cheaper than flying into ithaca. Plus I likely would have needed to rent a car anyway.

And just an fyi, I was told that the latest you should interview on campus to be considered before the deadline is the 28th and even that is pushing it a bit. I ended up scheduling an interview for the 26th because the students are out for spring break the week before. I figured if I am going to travel all that way then I should get the full experience of a class/tour etc.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 12:18
Oladipo4 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
You should fly to NYC/Philly and drive from there. That's what I did during my class visit. and I am from Houston as well.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up buying a ticket to Newark which was slightly cheaper and slightly closer to Ithaca than La Guardia. Ended up with a ticket for 375 so even after rental car/gas costs it will be cheaper than flying into ithaca. Plus I likely would have needed to rent a car anyway.

And just an fyi, I was told that the latest you should interview on campus to be considered before the deadline is the 28th and even that is pushing it a bit. I ended up scheduling an interview for the 26th because the students are out for spring break the week before. I figured if I am going to travel all that way then I should get the full experience of a class/tour etc.


Are there a lot of open spots available to schedule an interview? I think you can get a pretty good estimate of how many people have been invited for an interview.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Location: China
Daniel: Shi
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 12:24
BMN wrote:
mathsdaniel wrote:
BMN wrote:
I am an Indian and still I didn't get any notification. Does that mean it is a ding or can I wait till 25th of this month??


Are u applying for AMBA or the 2-yr program?

One of my friends applying for AMBA got an interview invite recently. But her application has been under review bascially since her submission according to her application status.

It's said the competition is more fierce among applicants for the 2-yr program. I'm still waiting for my notification. My status was changed to "under review" just last week so I suppose the adcoms just started processing a new batch of applications. so it may still take the adcoms some time to send out invites. if my friend can get an interview, i think i definitely have a shot....:)


I am applying for 2-yr pgm. My status too changed a week back to "under review". Don't take me wrong, but if your friend gets it doesn't mean you will get a shot. The reason why I am saying this is I have experience, my friend with less academics(and overall profile) got into Emory but I didn't get an invite too. Looks like, luck too matters :(

I wish all the best for both of us.



Does your friend have a GMAT score comparable to yours? I heard from a Johnson alum that adcom send out invites largely based on GMAT but make admission decisions with more pool diversity concerns....

Anyway, wish u good luck! I will keep you informed with my status.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2013, 13:03
I hope that's that case. I heard from a current student that Cornell has been GMAT focused lately, and trying to increase its average score.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2013, 13:03
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 RSri 127 19 Dec 2012, 09:50
91 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! ariel 1420 05 Aug 2010, 23:37
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  63   64   65   66   67   68   69  ...  83    Next  [ 1654 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.