Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 06:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 18:38
Looks like it'll be this week or no interview invite.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 18:41
rocket1741 wrote:
pgreco86 wrote:
Just received my invitation to interview. Really excited about this one. Was beginning to give up hope.

Congrats. Did it come from your application manager or from cornell email alias? I wonder if they send out invites together or individually?

It came directly from an application manager.

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Johnson '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 08:06
This post received
KUDOS
contraidentukl wrote:
TrojanWarrior wrote:
Does anyone know which tech companies recruit at campus? I was surprised to not see Google or Apple in the list. May be product management folks can chime in??

I don't know for certain here, but that point does not surprise me. I have a friend at Ross, and he is working in the Valley this summer. He recruited exclusively for tech product marketing, and he said that most of his interviews were phone screens, and second rounds were on site. The companies were looking for one or two candidates, so they didn't spend resources to fly out to Ann Arbor. That might also be the case here with AAPL and GOOG...they have so many schools they can recruit at nearby (USC/Berkeley/Stanford/UCLA/Santa Clara/Washington) they might prefer using the phone screen then on site approach for schools not named Harvard.

First year student here.

Last summer we had interns at both Google and Apple. I know friends who are currently interviewing with both companies, however I'm not sure how far along the interview process is with those companies. I would be surprised if we didn't have interns there this year.

Also, Eric Schmidt came to one of our classes during the first semester for a Q&A session.
Intern
Intern
Daniel: Shi
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.5
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 12:36
BMN wrote:
saurabhpankaj wrote:
themagus wrote:
Hi People,

Same here. Status changed to "Under Review" last week. No invitation or anything.
Waiting :)
Am a R3, international applicant for 2 year MBA.

Congrats to the folks who got admission and good luck to those selected for interview or those waiting!

Cheers!

There's still alot of time left. Going by last rounds you can expect intvw invite till last day & decisions being rolled out upto 1 week after the deadline of 3rdApr.

Are you referring to decisions being rolled out, based on R1 and R2 or did they explicitly state like in Johnson's blog etc??

I got the interview invite from Jade via email FINALLY!!!!! Hope you did too!! A ZA A ZA Fighting!~~
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2013, 23:19
Been a silent observer for a long time on this forum.. I am an R3 international applicant and got an admit to the AMBA program yesterday.

Is there a seperate group for people who have been selected for the AMBA program, and also if anybody could guide me in finding an accomodation at ithaca and a potential roommate.

My best wishes for people still waiting for the admit or interview call, and would be more than happy to help in any way possible.

Cheers,
Ketan
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 02:58
So interview R3 interview invites are going out this week, despite Johnson being on Spring Break?
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 04:48
ketankaushish wrote:
Been a silent observer for a long time on this forum.. I am an R3 international applicant and got an admit to the AMBA program yesterday.

Is there a seperate group for people who have been selected for the AMBA program, and also if anybody could guide me in finding an accomodation at ithaca and a potential roommate.

My best wishes for people still waiting for the admit or interview call, and would be more than happy to help in any way possible.

Cheers,
Ketan

I'm not sure if there is a seperate facebook group, but I do know that AMBA and 2 year students are both in the same Ning group. Feel free to start a thread here to connect with other AMBA classmates.

The only resource I know of for housing is this one - DJ 2012 Housing Guide
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 06:31
mm2000 wrote:
So interview R3 interview invites are going out this week, despite Johnson being on Spring Break?

Seems like they are. We should be expecting one anytime. I have been checking my inbox every 15 minutes.
FYI - A friend of mine applied in R1 and got an interview invite a day after the notification deadline. I think Cornell is just teasing us this year.

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 08:14
hailmary620 wrote:
mm2000 wrote:

Seems like they are. We should be expecting one anytime. I have been checking my inbox every 15 minutes.
FYI - A friend of mine applied in R1 and got an interview invite a day after the notification deadline. I think Cornell is just teasing us this year.

Definitely expecting one, doesn't mean I'll get one haha
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 64

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 17:21
Question from a friend who is not on GC: What do you guys think about visiting a school during the admit weekend? I would imagine if you ask adcom politely that you are interested in attending the DJ with a hope that you will be admitted at a later date, they won't say no? Ofcourse you can always strategically schedule a class visit on that Friday without telling adcom and hope to get a chance to meet them.
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 17:34
rocket1741 wrote:
Question from a friend who is not on GC: What do you guys think about visiting a school during the admit weekend? I would imagine if you ask adcom politely that you are interested in attending the DJ with a hope that you will be admitted at a later date, they won't say no? Ofcourse you can always strategically schedule a class visit on that Friday without telling adcom and hope to get a chance to meet them.

Doesn't look like there are any class visits available: http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Time-MBA/Plan-a-Visit.aspx

In terms of DJ, that's not run by the Adcom - it's run by the DJ committee and has a full two-day itinerary. I suppose your friend could try "crash it" but it'll get off to a rocky start during registration at 9AM on Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 03:56
R3 applicant. Received an interview invite this Tuesday. Decided to withdraw my appl. Good luck to all R3 candidates!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 04:55
Where you going? Must be some place really good :)
lmbe wrote:
R3 applicant. Received an interview invite this Tuesday. Decided to withdraw my appl. Good luck to all R3 candidates!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 05:21
This post received
KUDOS
saurabhpankaj wrote:
Where you going? Must be some place really good :)
lmbe wrote:

In Darden with $$. :P
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 06:03
ketankaushish wrote:

Cheers,
Ketan

Congratulations on getting in Ketan. All the best with the accommodation hunting
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 14

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 06:55
Invited to an interview!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 64

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 06:59
illbemba wrote:
Invited to an interview!

When did you get an invite? domestic? From Heidi?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 14

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 07:03
rocket1741 wrote:
illbemba wrote:
Invited to an interview!

When did you get an invite? domestic? From Heidi?

Yes, domestic - i live in philly (pa). Got the email from Heidi Russel. Exact time - 10:34 Eastern.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 07:06
Does anyone know the rough % of people interviewed that get admitted?
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 07:30
Domestic R3 aplicant, got the invite to interview this morning.
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2013, 07:30