Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 10:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 8
Schools: Johnson '15 (WL)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 14:11
Down at the bottom after I log in there is something that says your decision is available. I'd say if you don't have that you have a good chance.[/quote]

Man, I do. waitlisted as well.[/quote]

I feel ya. Seems like there are a lot of waitlists.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Schools: Wharton, UCLA, NYU, Cornell, Michigan, Columbia
WE 1: Nokia Siemens Networks
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 14:44
What is the best update that you can give to adcom to get off the wait list. I have already been accepted at another place so i don't know how motivated i am to provide updates to Johnson.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.07
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 15:11
As far as I know, you can just email them at mba@johnson.cornell.edu

For those who are saying no decision is a good thing, were you getting that from adcom? I interviewed on 03/27, but haven't received a decision yet.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2012
Posts: 8
Schools: Johnson '15 (WL)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 16:22
salani wrote:
As far as I know, you can just email them at mba@johnson.cornell.edu

For those who are saying no decision is a good thing, were you getting that from adcom? I interviewed on 03/27, but haven't received a decision yet.


" All interview invitations have been sent and anyone that completed an interview by April 1st will receive their decision tomorrow. " That's from the admissions blog. Maybe check your admissions account again. I had a thing to click on at the very bottom of the first page after I logged in to my account. It was a link to the WL letter.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 16:32
highwyre237 wrote:
AJUnited wrote:

Just got an update and I was WLed. Time to sleep and think about this another day. Oh I have already crossed that day! :P



Sorry to hear that, but congrats on Stern. Think of it this way, you'll be hanging out in the village in NYC, and we'll be digging ourselves out of 3 feet of snow.

I'm sure you'll meet some Johnson 15's during recruiting events if the WL doesnt work out


@highwyre237 thanks! Yeah I am sure there are positives and negatives to the whole college town Ithaca vs the big apple debate, but I would have wanted to be able to make that decision. I am sure I'd bump into some Johnson 15's, but I'd still continue my process with the whole WL shenanigan. Having flown down to Ithaca all the way from India for the interview, that went along well, I was hoping for an invite but I guess one doesn't get everything their own way.

All the best to those who got through and have made it though.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 16:39
asiddiqi86 wrote:
What is the best update that you can give to adcom to get off the wait list. I have already been accepted at another place so i don't know how motivated i am to provide updates to Johnson.


@asiddiqi86 I am in the same boat as you and don't know if its worth lingering on and not knowing where I am heading off to. What are your other options?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 16:40
mathsdaniel wrote:
AJUnited wrote:
mathsdaniel wrote:
My application status hasn't changed yet. Does it mean I'm in? (Since the WLs or Dings have got their results...) I haven't received any call yet....still worrying...T.T


@mathsdaniel: I also haven't received either (the call or a status update). Are you interpolating that WL's/Ding's have already gotten to know because some have posted this, or does this have a greater sample size of observation? This wait is really killing. I am an international from India and I'd want to go to sleep, but I know I wouldn't be able to with all this wait...


I think u should go to sleep. They stayed up working very late last night and probably will do the same today. I think they will consider ur time zone and call u tomorrow morning :)


@mathsdaniel: Did you get any update? My attempt to try and go to sleep and start fresh didn't go well as all I could think off was what to do now!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 66
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 06:37
I just did my campus visit and interview on Monday and here are my thoughts...

May be I set the Ivy League bar up so high in my head and expected more but the school did not seem any different in terms of my campus visit to other schools. I have visited Rice, McCombs and Ross and during my visits I was blown away by the infrastructure and student energy at Rice and Ross. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about Johnson. Sage hall is pretty small for a business school building, has a little coffee shop/lunch room and tons of 20 by 15 ft rooms (dungeons) in the basement called breakout rooms/study rooms. Add to this, the depressing weather and the 4 hour distance from NYC did not appeal to me. Just my 2 cents.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2011
Posts: 153
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [2] , given: 21

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 13:56
2
This post received
KUDOS
ace312 wrote:
I just did my campus visit and interview on Monday and here are my thoughts...

May be I set the Ivy League bar up so high in my head and expected more but the school did not seem any different in terms of my campus visit to other schools. I have visited Rice, McCombs and Ross and during my visits I was blown away by the infrastructure and student energy at Rice and Ross. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about Johnson. Sage hall is pretty small for a business school building, has a little coffee shop/lunch room and tons of 20 by 15 ft rooms (dungeons) in the basement called breakout rooms/study rooms. Add to this, the depressing weather and the 4 hour distance from NYC did not appeal to me. Just my 2 cents.


Well, when your class size is 1000 vs 650 I would sure hope that the building is larger. Honestly, I'd prefer being 4 hours away from NYC than 45 minutes from Detroit. Best of luck to you with your Rice/Ross apps
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.65
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 13:57
EmBeeAy23 wrote:
ace312 wrote:
I just did my campus visit and interview on Monday and here are my thoughts...

May be I set the Ivy League bar up so high in my head and expected more but the school did not seem any different in terms of my campus visit to other schools. I have visited Rice, McCombs and Ross and during my visits I was blown away by the infrastructure and student energy at Rice and Ross. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about Johnson. Sage hall is pretty small for a business school building, has a little coffee shop/lunch room and tons of 20 by 15 ft rooms (dungeons) in the basement called breakout rooms/study rooms. Add to this, the depressing weather and the 4 hour distance from NYC did not appeal to me. Just my 2 cents.


Well, when your class size is 1000 vs 650 I would sure hope that the building is larger. Honestly, I'd prefer being 4 hours away from NYC than 45 minutes from Detroit. Best of luck to you with your Rice/Ross apps


Well put!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.65
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 14:00
Aside from that a school is not measured by the architecture, but by its faculty, program strength and how its graduates are perceived/esteemed in the job market.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 66
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 14:37
DrStrangelove wrote:
EmBeeAy23 wrote:
ace312 wrote:
I just did my campus visit and interview on Monday and here are my thoughts...

May be I set the Ivy League bar up so high in my head and expected more but the school did not seem any different in terms of my campus visit to other schools. I have visited Rice, McCombs and Ross and during my visits I was blown away by the infrastructure and student energy at Rice and Ross. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about Johnson. Sage hall is pretty small for a business school building, has a little coffee shop/lunch room and tons of 20 by 15 ft rooms (dungeons) in the basement called breakout rooms/study rooms. Add to this, the depressing weather and the 4 hour distance from NYC did not appeal to me. Just my 2 cents.


Well, when your class size is 1000 vs 650 I would sure hope that the building is larger. Honestly, I'd prefer being 4 hours away from NYC than 45 minutes from Detroit. Best of luck to you with your Rice/Ross apps


Well put!

yes, NYC and Detroit are comparable. That makes sense. A 4 hour commute vs the Stern or Columbia guy who will cross the street to get more facetime with their recruiter. That also makes sense.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 14:41
1
This post received
KUDOS
No need for a pissing contest, guys. Different strokes for different folks. Move along.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2013
Posts: 34
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.65
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 14:55
Columbia and NYU has a certain advantage as relates to proximity to recruiters and these school have fantastic programs. However, Ross and Rice are not in the same playground. Not even close. Regardless, take a look at the employment report of any top 10 school and you'll find that graduates do very well.
In any event, good luck to you, sincerely!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 66
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 15:12
DrStrangelove wrote:
Columbia and NYU has a certain advantage as relates to proximity to recruiters and these school have fantastic programs. However, Ross and Rice are not in the same playground. Not even close. Regardless, take a look at the employment report of any top 10 school and you'll find that graduates do very well.
In any event, good luck to you, sincerely!



It was my opinion/observation. If it makes you that butthurt for having one I can definitely delete my comment. For the record I was Dinged at Rice but that does not change my opinion.

PS: Infrastructure and architecture are not synonyms
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Posts: 5
GPA: 3.13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 04:46
is there a facebook group for admitted students?

also, i got an acceptance email but no status update. should i be worried...?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 05:00
CBStakeme wrote:
is there a facebook group for admitted students?

also, i got an acceptance email but no status update. should i be worried...?


Check the Admitted Student thread for useful links, and feel free to join the discussion.

Congrats!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 32
Location: United States (IL)
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 06:20
CBStakeme wrote:

also, i got an acceptance email but no status update. should i be worried...?


Nope. Congratulations.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Mar 2011
Posts: 34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 8

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 06:29
.

Last edited by gtvisa2002 on 16 Apr 2013, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Posts: 5
GPA: 3.13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 06:33
gtvisa2002 wrote:
Did anyone who interviewed last week received his/her decision?
I had mine on Thursday, haven't heard back yet.

Thank you.



my interview was on thursday morning, received admission by the end of the day.
but last week interviews should be on rolling basis, so dont lose hope!
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2013, 06:33
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 RSri 127 19 Dec 2012, 09:50
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81  ...  83    Next  [ 1654 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.