Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 15:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 04:05
psumarkopolo wrote:
us round 4 app: received invite to interview yesterday around 4 pm. Also in the email it said decisions for interviews after apr 24 would be done on a rolling basis.


It is nice to hear an update.
Good luck in your interview.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: Q44 V38
GPA: 3.02
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 08:19
I also received an interview invite yesterday. Good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone have any tips/stories from their interview (questions, settings, format, etc)?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 08:40
MBAApplicant201595 wrote:
I also received an interview invite yesterday. Good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone have any tips/stories from their interview (questions, settings, format, etc)?


Good luck to you too.
When is the interview scheduled? I am trying to figure out whether I should still hope an interview invite before the decision date.
Btw there are few active applicants in the forum as compared to the previous rounds.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GPA: 3.23
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 11:19
thanks for the well wishes. After getting my butt handed to me the past few weeks hopefully this goes well. I am trying to schedule for 25 april as my schedule is pretty jammed (after the date..unfortunately or fortunately after not getting in any schools I have job interviews now).
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 2.99
WE: Operations (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 09:51
MBAApplicant201595 wrote:
I also received an interview invite yesterday. Good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone have any tips/stories from their interview (questions, settings, format, etc)?


Hi, I interviewed with a recent alum who had worked in the admissions department as a student and is now living in my area (SF Bay Area). It was a fairly friendly and casual interview in a conference room in his office (it was on a Saturday so it wasn't very crowded). The questions were very similar to the ones posted on the clearadmit page (can't post links but googling "johnson MBA interview questions" will get it) with a few (paraphrased) extras: "How would your friends describe you in 3 words", "Have you ever worked on something with a team and given up", and "why round 4". I strongly suggest reading the clearadmit page because it prepared me quite well.

They definitely asked whether I'd reached out to a current student and how Cornell fit with the rest of the schools I'm applying to. Good luck on your interview!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 15:08
Good Luck all of those who interviewed!

Any news R4 international applicants?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2013, 09:07
No news, no invite.Ready to get dinged...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 13:10
Allys wrote:
I got admitted from the waitlist. So excited I got in....


Congratulations Allys.
Did you provide updates during your waitlist status? I am waitlisted at Emory and trying to figure out what shall I do.
Could you please provide some detail?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GPA: 3.23
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 08:14
I interviewed yesterday. I got hammered during the interview, I feel I did very well but the interviewer seemed pretty set on trying to make me say something I shouldn't. In other news a nice young lady was there who was on the waitlist (applied R1) (not sure if she had interviewed or not and was waitlisted) but she did a campus visit/interview and then was called in by an adcom member to their office where she was told she was accepted.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 08:24
psumarkopolo wrote:
I interviewed yesterday. I got hammered during the interview, I feel I did very well but the interviewer seemed pretty set on trying to make me say something I shouldn't. In other news a nice young lady was there who was on the waitlist (applied R1) (not sure if she had interviewed or not and was waitlisted) but she did a campus visit/interview and then was called in by an adcom member to their office where she was told she was accepted.


Sorry to hear about your interview, but what an awesome way to find out for that girl... I wonder if they asked her to whip her checkbook out and pay the deposit there too :lol:

The only annoying part about the Johnson interview that I remember way the "Where else have you applied, and what is your status there." Outside of that I didn't feel trapped into saying anything out of the ordinary...

Either way, GL, I hope it's just another case of applicants over analyzing everything.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 08:30
Thank you, erserdm.

Yes, I provided updates. I think the following are important once you are placed on the waitlist:
1) Let adcom know that you are seriously considering Johnson, or in your case Emory. Reiterate your interest in the school and thank them for ongoing consideration (show that you are respectful of their time- if you think about it they need to read your materials again and re-evaluate your application based on the reaming pool of candidates);
2) Read your application again and try to objectively identify both the strengths and weaknesses of your application. Address the weaknesses (for example I am an international student, and I enrolled in two writing classes to improve my English- my verbal score on the GMAT was on the lower side)
3) Reach out and connect well with a student or alum and see if they are willing to recommend you to their Alma Mater. Another option will be to ask someone you know to write another recommendation on your behalf that will show you from a new angle (one that strengthens one of the weaknesses that you believed you showed in your application);
4) Send a formal letter (no more than 1 ½ pages long) addressing the significant updates (promotions, classes, social contributions, GMAT etc) since you’ve been placed on the waitlist;

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 08:32
Allys wrote:
Thank you, erserdm.

Yes, I provided updates. I think the following are important once you are placed on the waitlist:
1) Let adcom know that you are seriously considering Johnson, or in your case Emory. Reiterate your interest in the school and thank them for ongoing consideration (show that you are respectful of their time- if you think about it they need to read your materials again and re-evaluate your application based on the reaming pool of candidates);
2) Read your application again and try to objectively identify both the strengths and weaknesses of your application. Address the weaknesses (for example I am an international student, and I enrolled in two writing classes to improve my English- my verbal score on the GMAT was on the lower side)
3) Reach out and connect well with a student or alum and see if they are willing to recommend you to their Alma Mater. Another option will be to ask someone you know to write another recommendation on your behalf that will show you from a new angle (one that strengthens one of the weaknesses that you believed you showed in your application);
4) Send a formal letter (no more than 1 ½ pages long) addressing the significant updates (promotions, classes, social contributions, GMAT etc) since you’ve been placed on the waitlist;

Hope this helps. Best of luck!


Thanks a lot. Surely it will help.
Good luck at Johnson!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 17:43
Allys wrote:
I got admitted from the waitlist. So excited I got in....

Congratulations Allys! Which program did you apply, AMBA or 2-Y MBA?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 18:04
I applied for the 2 year MBA.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2013
Posts: 7
Location: United States
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 14:15
Congrats to everyone that was accepted and if anyone has any questions or is struggling with a decision between Johnson & other schools, feel free to PM me (I promise I'll be objective). I remember having a tough time deciding last year and there were a ton of people on this forum that really helped me.

Also, I was accepted off the waitlist last year, so if you're still on it, DON'T LOSE HOPE!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 16:10
Well, I was officially accepted off the waitlist on Friday for the dual MBA-MHA program. I have until Monday to make a decision. I have no idea what i'm going to do because I was told there is zero financial aid and i'm seriously worried that even if I did the $170K in loans (which gives me ulcers even thinking about), there's very little chance it would fund in the one week before the MBA-MHA program starts. I'm seriously frustrated with Johnson. I had my application in in Nov and was already accepted to the MHA program. I would be giving my employer one weeks notice, having to pay for two apartments until I can cancel my lease, and have to move to Ithaca within a week. Ugggggggggh. Not impressed with your response Johnson. Not impressed at all.

Update: and I turned down the offer this morning. Hardest decision ever but with zero financial aid and a questionable but likely minimal ROI on top of just an MHA, feel it's the right choice. Hope someone else from the waitlist gets my place. Best of luck all!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 19:06
ldivine wrote:
Well, I was officially accepted off the waitlist on Friday for the dual MBA-MHA program. I have until Monday to make a decision. I have no idea what i'm going to do because I was told there is zero financial aid and i'm seriously worried that even if I did the $170K in loans (which gives me ulcers even thinking about), there's very little chance it would fund in the one week before the MBA-MHA program starts. I'm seriously frustrated with Johnson. I had my application in in Nov and was already accepted to the MHA program. I would be giving my employer one weeks notice, having to pay for two apartments until I can cancel my lease, and have to move to Ithaca within a week. Ugggggggggh. Not impressed with your response Johnson. Not impressed at all.

Update: and I turned down the offer this morning. Hardest decision ever but with zero financial aid and a questionable but likely minimal ROI on top of just an MHA, feel it's the right choice. Hope someone else from the waitlist gets my place. Best of luck all!


For what it's worth, I honestly feel that you are making the right decision Idivine. No one enjoys being held hostage in a time sensitive situation and if you can't enter into a program happily and with a clear mind, it might be best to delay your potential matriculation or even forgo entirely. I'm sure you'll be successful in whatever path you choose. And on the bright side, your health probably won't suffer when you check your debt balance :-). Best of luck to you.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 766
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 04:54
ldivine wrote:

Update: and I turned down the offer this morning. Hardest decision ever but with zero financial aid and a questionable but likely minimal ROI on top of just an MHA, feel it's the right choice. Hope someone else from the waitlist gets my place. Best of luck all!


Congrats on the admit and making the tough call - does this mean you'll be enrolling in the MHA?
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GPA: 3.23
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2013, 13:47
I was accepted into Johnson today. Thanks to all for the well wishes from everyone out there! Your advice has helped a bunch.

Mark
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Dec 2012
Posts: 20
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2013, 05:06
psumarkopolo wrote:
I was accepted into Johnson today. Thanks to all for the well wishes from everyone out there! Your advice has helped a bunch.

Mark

Congrats! You were admitted from Round 3 or 4?
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 May 2013, 05:06
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 RSri 127 19 Dec 2012, 09:50
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83    Next  [ 1654 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.