Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 05:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 05:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
AJUnited wrote:
I just received a call from the admissions committee. I am finally in and have 36 hours to make a decision and the deposit.

Congras! I know maybe you have mentioned it before, but can I ask what around did you apply? I am trying to figure out whether they are going to consider Round 1 and Round 2 waitlisters first or just randomly.. I applied in Round 3.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Happydaniel wrote:
AJUnited wrote:
I just received a call from the admissions committee. I am finally in and have 36 hours to make a decision and the deposit.

Congras! I know maybe you have mentioned it before, but can I ask what around did you apply? I am trying to figure out whether they are going to consider Round 1 and Round 2 waitlisters first or just randomly.. I applied in Round 3.

Thank you Daniel. I applied in Round 3 myself.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AJUnited wrote:
Happydaniel wrote:
AJUnited wrote:

Cool and thank you. You have two good choices. It seems I shouldn't think about it too much now. It will happen if it is meant to happen..I don't like my nervous emotion. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Happydaniel wrote:
AJUnited wrote:
Happydaniel wrote:

Cool and thank you. You have two good choices. It seems I shouldn't think about it too much now. It will happen if it is meant to happen..I don't like my nervous emotion. :)

All the best Daniel. Yeah my suggestion is don't over think. Even Johnson happened out of the blue-moon for me.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi AJUnited, thanks for kind word. I still lost a bit sleep overnight, but I think it is worth it because they called me this afternoon offering me a place to the class. Yeah! I am very excited.

I have paid deposit to other two schools already.in total it is 2500..now I have to make another 3000 now by Friday.

But anyway, it is a great new and I am very happy now. And have you decided where to go now?

And , thanks to zekutoo. Your Kudos really brought me good luck. Thank you very much.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Happydaniel wrote:
Hi AJUnited, thanks for kind word. I still lost a bit sleep overnight, but I think it is worth it because they called me this afternoon offering me a place to the class. Yeah! I am very excited.

I have paid deposit to other two schools already.in total it is 2500..now I have to make another 3000 now by Friday.

But anyway, it is a great new and I am very happy now. And have you decided where to go now?

And , thanks to zekutoo. Your Kudos really brought me good luck. Thank you very much.

Congratulations Daniel! All the best for Johnson.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
You are so welcome Daniel!! I got waitlisted by Johnson (applied round 3) then interviewed with them 3 weeks ago, and have been anxiously awaiting their decision. Your great news and AJ's as well has made me extremely happy!! I hope for the same luck (unlikely) but here's hoping! :-D :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zekutoo wrote:
You are so welcome Daniel!! I got waitlisted by Johnson (applied round 3) then interviewed with them 3 weeks ago, and have been anxiously awaiting their decision. Your great news and AJ's as well has made me extremely happy!! I hope for the same luck (unlikely) but here's hoping! :-D :lol:

Hi Zekutoo, thank you so much. I know how it feels but please don't lose hope. Always have faith. All the best to you and I hope to see you on campus in August!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
highwyre237 wrote:
AJUnited wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Congrats!! R1's 2nd deposit passed yesterday, so I'm assuming we'll see some movement today. Are you thinking Johnson or Stern?

Thanks highwyre! I had pretty much made up my mind about Stern because I didn't expect Johnson to happen anymore. Hence, there hasn't been much thought on this discussion for over a month now and infact I have gone all along completing the entire process at Stern. So I really need to give some serious thought now as I didn't think earlier. Given my interest is Consulting I see no specific difference between the two schools. What would your opinion be?

I agree, your road to consulting would be similar coming out of either school. I think the main differences are in fit. Would you rather be in the middle of NYC, or in the middle of upstate NY?
Cornell will give you a chance to form closer, lasting connections with your classmates, while Stern will give you the exposure to NYC as a whole. It all depends what you are looking for in your MBA. Personally, I've lived in cities for the past 10 years, and I will be going back to one post MBA, I'm looking at this as a chance to get away from the distractions of current networks and family, and focus on growing personally and professionally. I think most people who end up at schools like Johnson, Tuck or Darden are looking for the same. Both Stern and Johnson are great schools, and are peers, so you really cant make a wrong choice (also, I understand already becoming invested in another school, at this point I couldnt imagine going somewhere else).

Good luck with your decision, I hope to see you in Ithaca.

highwyre - thanks for your advice. Your responses on the forum have been really helpful. I am sure you and your dog are gonna be a hit at Johnson. I hope to see you around at events and in general during the coming two years.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 364 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Retail)
Send PM
AJUnited wrote:
highwyre - thanks for your advice. Your responses on the forum have been really helpful. I am sure you and your dog are gonna be a hit at Johnson. I hope to see you around at events and in general during the coming two years.

Ha, thanks man, and enjoy the Village, best part of NYC.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 580 Q39 V31
GPA: 3
Send PM
AJUnited wrote:
Happydaniel wrote:
AJUnited wrote:

I just submitted an application for Round 3 today. Would you mind share any tips from your experience applying in round 3? I am quite aware of the risks but thought schools with rolling admissions, such as Johnson, would be more receptive to R3 applicants. Afterall, the option is there for a reason right? Or am I completely out of my mind planning to apply to a couple more schools for R3 (Duke Fuqua, Michigan Ross, UCLA Anderson and the new program Fisher at Middlebury Institute of International Studies)?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72865 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Johnson (Cornell) Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Johnson (Cornell) Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Johnson (Cornell) Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Johnson (Cornell) Forum to dive into all things related to Johnson (Cornell)'s MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts