Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 04:37

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 12:20
under review :-)...(no email)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 12:54
im under review as well. :lol:
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1092
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 444 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 05:21
I'm not sure if this will help but ...

I'm attending an information session this Sunday. If anyone has some specific questions for the adcom, please PM me or post it here. I will do my best to get an answer for those

Cheers!
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:04
jumsumtak wrote:
I'm not sure if this will help but ...

I'm attending an information session this Sunday. If anyone has some specific questions for the adcom, please PM me or post it here. I will do my best to get an answer for those

Cheers!


Thanks!

If possible, try to find out if interview invites for Round 1 have already started going out, if not, when will they start ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 51
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:37
U guys all see "under review" on your status now? Mine is still "Submitted". anyone same as me?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 11

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 07:55
query007 wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
I'm not sure if this will help but ...

I'm attending an information session this Sunday. If anyone has some specific questions for the adcom, please PM me or post it here. I will do my best to get an answer for those

Cheers!


Thanks!

If possible, try to find out if interview invites for Round 1 have already started going out, if not, when will they start ?


I'm also really curious about the timing of the interview invites. Thanks for the offer!
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1092
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 444 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 09:17
I have received requests for 3-4 questions, all on interviews till now. (pretty obvious it is 'that' time of the season).

I will gather as much as possible.
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 82
Location: Guatemala
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
GRE 1: 318 Q160 V158
GRE 2: 318 Q160 V158
GPA: 3.21
WE: Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 11:25
Under review. The long wait starts now.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 185
Awesome Level: 10++
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 11:46
those of you who are under review have you received an email notification or did you just login to the application site to see it? Im under review as well but didn't receive an email
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 764
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 12:23
bond007 wrote:
those of you who are under review have you received an email notification or did you just login to the application site to see it? Im under review as well but didn't receive an email


Same. Didn't receive an email.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 13:07
AresZhu wrote:
U guys all see "under review" on your status now? Mine is still "Submitted". anyone same as me?



Yea mine's still "Submitted".
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 3.24
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 16

Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 13:08
jumsumtak wrote:
I have received requests for 3-4 questions, all on interviews till now. (pretty obvious it is 'that' time of the season).

I will gather as much as possible.


Thanks, much appreciated
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 111
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 13:28
For what it's worth, mine said "Submitted" at 6AM and says "Under Review" now.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Aug 2012
Posts: 39
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2012, 19:53
AresZhu wrote:
U guys all see "under review" on your status now? Mine is still "Submitted". anyone same as me?


Hey AresZhu,

Mine still says "Submitted". I had submitted my app on 13th October.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Oct 2012
Posts: 29
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 11

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2012, 15:01
Still no invite here, and I've been 'under review' since Oct. 18. Anyone else gotten one?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 05:26
jumsumtak wrote:
Attended the information session a couple of hours back. Here are the answers to the questions a few people asked:

1.) Applications are segregated geographically. These are given to separate app readers (going forward these readers will specialize in a particular region). Also, the selection (for an interview) of a candidate may happen as soon as the reader reads the application or after all the apps have been read. So, you may expect not a lot of difference (in days) between invites for candidates from the same country.
2.) R1=R2>R3>R4 in terms of both scholarships and acceptance ease (still not sure about acceptance rates - she did not have the numbers)
3.) You may be waitlisted without an interview. You are then compared with the subsequent pool.
4.) The adcom have just begun or will be beginning to read applications. So, in all probability the invites have not gone out yet.

There were only 20 of us. So it was a nice little session with a lot of interaction.
We discussed almost everything under the roof. So if you have any specific questions shoot out, and I may be able to answer those.

Best of luck to the folks who are waiting.

Cheers!


just began reading apps eh? cornell mentioned on its blog that the apps reading is rolling. :evil:
VP
VP
avatar
Joined: 23 Mar 2011
Posts: 1092
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 444 [0], given: 452

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 05:34
bodu wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
Attended the information session a couple of hours back. Here are the answers to the questions a few people asked:

1.) Applications are segregated geographically. These are given to separate app readers (going forward these readers will specialize in a particular region). Also, the selection (for an interview) of a candidate may happen as soon as the reader reads the application or after all the apps have been read. So, you may expect not a lot of difference (in days) between invites for candidates from the same country.
2.) R1=R2>R3>R4 in terms of both scholarships and acceptance ease (still not sure about acceptance rates - she did not have the numbers)
3.) You may be waitlisted without an interview. You are then compared with the subsequent pool.
4.) The adcom have just begun or will be beginning to read applications. So, in all probability the invites have not gone out yet.

There were only 20 of us. So it was a nice little session with a lot of interaction.
We discussed almost everything under the roof. So if you have any specific questions shoot out, and I may be able to answer those.

Best of luck to the folks who are waiting.

Cheers!


just began reading apps eh? cornell mentioned on its blog that the apps reading is rolling. :evil:



I'm sorry.
So what I meant was the lady I was chatting to, had just started to read the apps. And she was catering to Indian and middle east applicants. It might so happen that process of reading applications from the US started earlier.

This also does not mean Indian/ME applications have just been started. Because, I am not certain if she were the only one who is doing this geography. So basically, you can not conclude anything from this.

What this means is, you can continue wait for some more longer without feeling too bad about the whole thing. :) And also do keep an eye on the rest of the folks from your area.
_________________

My Debrief | MBA Timeline - New! Stay on top of deadlines, receive recommendations for each stage, get reminders.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Applying for MBA
Joined: 16 Dec 2011
Posts: 74
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 20

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2012, 05:35
jumsumtak wrote:
bodu wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:
Attended the information session a couple of hours back. Here are the answers to the questions a few people asked:

1.) Applications are segregated geographically. These are given to separate app readers (going forward these readers will specialize in a particular region). Also, the selection (for an interview) of a candidate may happen as soon as the reader reads the application or after all the apps have been read. So, you may expect not a lot of difference (in days) between invites for candidates from the same country.
2.) R1=R2>R3>R4 in terms of both scholarships and acceptance ease (still not sure about acceptance rates - she did not have the numbers)
3.) You may be waitlisted without an interview. You are then compared with the subsequent pool.
4.) The adcom have just begun or will be beginning to read applications. So, in all probability the invites have not gone out yet.

There were only 20 of us. So it was a nice little session with a lot of interaction.
We discussed almost everything under the roof. So if you have any specific questions shoot out, and I may be able to answer those.

Best of luck to the folks who are waiting.

Cheers!


just began reading apps eh? cornell mentioned on its blog that the apps reading is rolling. :evil:



I'm sorry.
So what I meant was the lady I was chatting to, had just started to read the apps. And she was catering to Indian and middle east applicants. It might so happen that process of reading applications from the US started earlier.

This also does not mean Indian/ME applications have just been started. Because, I am not certain if she were the only one who is doing this geography. So basically, you can not conclude anything from this.

What this means is, you can continue wait for some more longer without feeling too bad about the whole thing. :) And also do keep an eye on the rest of the folks from your area.


thanks for the generous tip! :-D
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2012
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 06:38
Anybody get any interview invites?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2012
Posts: 70
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 22

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 06:55
I'm interviewing as part of Johnson Women in Business this week. This is not R1 application-based and I did not receive a separate invitation - instead, I submitted a separate application for JWiB earlier this fall and was accepted. As part of that event, Johnson offers attendees the opportunity to interview with admissions during their (our) visit to campus.
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2012, 06:55
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 RSri 127 19 Dec 2012, 09:50
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  83    Next  [ 1654 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.