Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 07:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Schools: Carlson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 18:30
mrsustainability wrote:
punters11 wrote:
Hey,

I submitted my app on the R2 deadline date. The decision notification date is Feb 15 for this round? But, when are interview invites typically rolled out

Hi Punters11

I dont think the adcom has provided any specific timeline/dates by which it plans to release interview invites (unlike Duke). Most of the R1 applicants on this forum are still awaiting interview invites/update on the status of applications.

For now, I think you can just sit back and enjoy the frustration/agony of R1 applicants :lol:

Ok thanks. btw, did you receive an interview invite from duke?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Other (Other)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2012, 21:03
punters11 wrote:
mrsustainability wrote:
punters11 wrote:
Hey,

I submitted my app on the R2 deadline date. The decision notification date is Feb 15 for this round? But, when are interview invites typically rolled out

Hi Punters11

I dont think the adcom has provided any specific timeline/dates by which it plans to release interview invites (unlike Duke). Most of the R1 applicants on this forum are still awaiting interview invites/update on the status of applications.

For now, I think you can just sit back and enjoy the frustration/agony of R1 applicants :lol:

Ok thanks. btw, did you receive an interview invite from duke?

Unfortunately I did not.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 9

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 12:06
With each passing day, I believe that Cornell will extend interview invites to applicants about whom the adcom is 70%-80% convinced. Therefore, the interview invite/acceptance ratio will be high. With 11 business days left, it will an enormous task to invite 50% of the the first round applicants, interview them and then make decisions ( the normal route followed by Cornell in the past).
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 12:12
icecube6000 wrote:
With each passing day, I believe that Cornell will extend interview invites to applicants about whom the adcom is 70%-80% convinced. Therefore, the interview invite/acceptance ratio will be high. With 11 business days left, it will an enormous task to invite 50% of the the first round applicants, interview them and then make decisions ( the normal route followed by Cornell in the past).

Well, we're almost at the end of another day, tomorrow will mark 2 weeks until decision day. I have no clue how they'll interview and re-review the amount of people they normally do in round 1. I'm sure they have a plan, I just wish it were a bit more transparent.
Current Student
Awesome Level: 10++

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 12:18
icecube6000 wrote:

The lack of interviews this app round is highly unprecedented. I see another person just updated their status to invited today. I cannot imagine a large scale interview process now. Have schools ever pushed back notification decisions in the past?
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q V
GPA: 2.99
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 42

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 12:45
Hey guys. A few pages back I remember someone mentioning the beatthegmat forums. I'm starting to get slightly crazy about this getting down to d-day time and am looking to fill my urge to read new posts there when I can't find any here. (Ha so sad) Anyways, I went over to that site and was totally confused by the forum setup. How do you find the forums similar to the "Calling All Applicants" forums on GMATclub? Not trying to switch to the competition, just trying to subdue my crazy!

Good luck to those of you playing the interview invite waiting game, I'm hoping this doesn't happen next round (applied round 2)!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: , International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Consulting (Other)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 12:52
I thought invites would start rolling out by Thanksgiving the latest!! and now, it is almost decision day....
At NY Reception I attended, they said that last year, they decided to extend an admission to more people than the previous year and that worked out great and they would continue that trend this year...
more admission= more interviews?? : s
I'm very confused. Also, I read that how well a candidate interview is heavily weighed at Cornell so they for sure interview every admitted candidate.. Agh I just want to know their plan!!?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 11

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 12:57
Hey everyone. I went to visit Johnson last week and the program was amazing! The students were all outstandingly friendly as well.

I asked them about R-1 candidates that are still waiting for an invite. They said they are still planning to do interviews up until the 19th, and that at this point there was no plan to push back the decision date. They said that the high volume of applications (up 20% in each round) as well as the new paperless system were both a factor in the delay this year. So they did indeed acknowledge that there was a delay, and that applications are up.

Hang in there everyone! Hopefully you'll hear good news soon!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: , International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Consulting (Other)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 13:00
loismba wrote:
Hey everyone. I went to visit Johnson last week and the program was amazing! The students were all outstandingly friendly as well.

I asked them about R-1 candidates that are still waiting for an invite. They said they are still planning to do interviews up until the 19th, and that at this point there was no plan to push back the decision date. They said that the high volume of applications (up 20% in each round) as well as the new paperless system were both a factor in the delay this year. So they did indeed acknowledge that there was a delay, and that applications are up.

Hang in there everyone! Hopefully you'll hear good news soon!

I see!! Thank you for the great info. It is very nerve-wrecking to know that they will conduct the interview untill the 19th...
Do you by any chance know if Cornell interviews in different cities? or just on campus?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 308 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 14:49
This post received
KUDOS
Dakells wrote:
Hey guys. A few pages back I remember someone mentioning the beatthegmat forums. I'm starting to get slightly crazy about this getting down to d-day time and am looking to fill my urge to read new posts there when I can't find any here. (Ha so sad) Anyways, I went over to that site and was totally confused by the forum setup. How do you find the forums similar to the "Calling All Applicants" forums on GMATclub? Not trying to switch to the competition, just trying to subdue my crazy!

Good luck to those of you playing the interview invite waiting game, I'm hoping this doesn't happen next round (applied round 2)!

I usually just go to the school page then click "current applicants" to see the statuses. Alternatively, there's the comment wall as well, and that's where people update that they've submitted an application, been invited to interview, accepted, etc. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Expert Post
VP
VP
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 15:00
Expert's post
CobraKai wrote:
Dakells wrote:

I usually just go to the school page then click "current applicants" to see the statuses. Alternatively, there's the comment wall as well, and that's where people update that they've submitted an application, been invited to interview, accepted, etc. Hope this helps.

Maybe y'all should stick to the GmatClub. Seems easier :)

Posted from my mobile device Image

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:23
at what point to we look in the mirror and realize we are just being naive about this? I got to say if I dont get an interview by the end of next Tuesday, I pretty much am counting myself out.

And I know all about the fat lady singing and its not over til its over. But at some point, we are all being naive. Come on Cornell, call me.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 17:52
Dbalks wrote:
at what point to we look in the mirror and realize we are just being naive about this? I got to say if I dont get an interview by the end of next Tuesday, I pretty much am counting myself out.

And I know all about the fat lady singing and its not over til its over. But at some point, we are all being naive. Come on Cornell, call me.

I re-read my essays the other day, and I have to admit... they were my weakest out of my round 1 schools... I have no clue if my chances are any worse today then they were last week... but, with a round 1 interview for another school coming up this weekend, I'm looking past Johnson, and assuming I'll be dinged or waitlisted without an interview.

Still, no reason to lose hope anyone. I'm just as uninformed as the rest of you.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 18:32
Hey guys, I have been a silent observer on here and am in the no interview invite boat and figured I would add some color the picture. I know a consultant who said that Cornell is known to play games with candidates and wait list a larger group of people than other schools and slowly take people off the wait list (admit) little by little. So take it for what it's worth but I figured I would pass along the information. In other words, don't lose hope if you get wait listed.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 19:12
highwyre237 wrote:
Dbalks wrote:

I re-read my essays the other day, and I have to admit... they were my weakest out of my round 1 schools... I have no clue if my chances are any worse today then they were last week... but, with a round 1 interview for another school coming up this weekend, I'm looking past Johnson, and assuming I'll be dinged or waitlisted without an interview.

Still, no reason to lose hope anyone. I'm just as uninformed as the rest of you.

I agree. Looking back, cornell's essays are a little bit lagging behind in quality when comapred to other schools, largely due to the fact that it was the first school I started working on.. My essays got better and better with each school..
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2012, 19:20
Got this from the following link (http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Tim ... lines.aspx)

Re: Johnson 2013 Application Essay Questions and Deadlines

@Greg T.: I would like to say you would get a decision before December 19th, but cannot guarantee it this year. We are still formalizing our process and do not want to make any promises we cannot honor. So, we will stay firm with our notification dates. Great question! Best, Christine
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 03:32
Hello everyone

I just noticed on page 1 that there are 19 members who have been interviewed/invited to interview. That's close to 15% of the total applicants on this board. So it looks like interview invites are slowly trickling down..
Current Student
Awesome Level: 10++

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 26

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 07:38
mrsustainability wrote:
Hello everyone

I just noticed on page 1 that there are 19 members who have been interviewed/invited to interview. That's close to 15% of the total applicants on this board. So it looks like interview invites are slowly trickling down..

where are you seeing that? for R1 there are currently 10 students who have been int or invited.
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 07:53
bond007 wrote:
mrsustainability wrote:
Hello everyone

where are you seeing that? for R1 there are currently 10 students who have been int or invited.

My bad Bond...

I double counted some of the user names..

Guess my anxiety is taking a toll on me.. :roll:
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2012, 08:06
9 business days to get everyone invited and interviewed before the deadline. If the adcoms somehow pull that off, I'd be impressed.

Most likely not going to happen in my opinion
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2012, 08:06