Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 07:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 10:49
So is the 18th the final possible time for invites? They're probably not going to send anything out Monday the 17th.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 324 [0], given: 106

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 10:54
sneakoner wrote:
So is the 18th the final possible time for invites? They're probably not going to send anything out Monday the 17th.


Who knows? The 2 business day rule is something people here speculated. they could invite on monday, or tues, or wed, or not at all... We just need to sit back and hope
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 10
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.92
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 14:28
1
This post received
KUDOS
Received an interview invite email at 3:54PM. Guess they are still coming...
Intern
Intern
Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 14:32
this is killing me

did anybody get dinged yet or is that going to be a mass email on the 19th?
Current Student
Joined: 20 Sep 2011
Posts: 22
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 14:34
highwyre237 wrote:
sneakoner wrote:
So is the 18th the final possible time for invites? They're probably not going to send anything out Monday the 17th.


Who knows? The 2 business day rule is something people here speculated. they could invite on monday, or tues, or wed, or not at all... We just need to sit back and hope


Not sure about last possible time to get an invite, but they still have interview slots open next week and the week after, although the week after would be an interview via Skype. BTW, for the general group, Cornell breaks the applicant pool into four pools 1) Admit 2) Ding 3) WL w/ interview 4) WL w/o interview. The last group is a group they call the "stand by" pool which can interview at a later date. So don't lose hope if you haven't received an invite yet. Here is the link with more information. http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcripts/2012/cornelljohnson2.aspx
Manager
Manager
Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 14:35
huttman wrote:
Received an interview invite email at 3:54PM. Guess they are still coming...


interesting, so the 2-day rule was not true. that is good, we still have like 72 business hours~
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 10
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.92
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2012, 14:39
FYI, the interview invite today stated for interviews conducted near or after the 19th (can't really be avoided at this point) will receive a decision on a rolling basis.
Current Student
Joined: 26 Jul 2011
Posts: 32
Location: United States (IL)
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 10:11
Got the invite yesterday as well. Since the email states we'll receive our decision on a rolling basis at this point, those not invited yet have no reason to believe they won't be until officially dinged.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Posts: 47
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Schools: Carlson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 18:10
icecube6000 wrote:
The only thing that gives me hope is that only one Indian from my fellow geographical applicant pool has reported an invite so far. So, I am still keeping my fingers crossed.


I guess you all are still discussing R1 invites!!! I applied in R2, too early to speculate on interview right?

Also, anyone from India who submitted their application in R1, what does the application status say on the website?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Posts: 47
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
Schools: Carlson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 18:11
canada07 wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
sneakoner wrote:
So is the 18th the final possible time for invites? They're probably not going to send anything out Monday the 17th.


Who knows? The 2 business day rule is something people here speculated. they could invite on monday, or tues, or wed, or not at all... We just need to sit back and hope


Not sure about last possible time to get an invite, but they still have interview slots open next week and the week after, although the week after would be an interview via Skype. BTW, for the general group, Cornell breaks the applicant pool into four pools 1) Admit 2) Ding 3) WL w/ interview 4) WL w/o interview. The last group is a group they call the "stand by" pool which can interview at a later date. So don't lose hope if you haven't received an invite yet. Here is the link with more information. http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcripts/2012/cornelljohnson2.aspx


These late interview invites are all for R1, correct?
Current Student
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 107
Location: Guatemala
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 50

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2012, 20:02
Anyone has an idea when should we expect calls to go out?
Intern
Intern
Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 01:25
punters11 wrote:
icecube6000 wrote:
The only thing that gives me hope is that only one Indian from my fellow geographical applicant pool has reported an invite so far. So, I am still keeping my fingers crossed.


I guess you all are still discussing R1 invites!!! I applied in R2, too early to speculate on interview right?

Also, anyone from India who submitted their application in R1, what does the application status say on the website?


Ya...
R1 applicant here from India
application status
"Currently Under Review - We processed your application and supporting documents. Members of the admissions team will review your application. You will receive updates regarding your application status via email and changes to your application status. Please check for updates periodically."
Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Yale '14 (S)
WE: Business Development (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 07:15
Hello there, Can any R2 applicant confirm if their application status has changed? Mine still says application submitted....
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 08:50
1
This post received
KUDOS
Sharpie wrote:
Anyone has an idea when should we expect calls to go out?


I asked the admissions office about this when I was at Johnson. They said clearly that decisions will not go out before 19th and all applicants will know their decisions by noon Dec 19th (Except for those who have interviews very close to the deadline).
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 762
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 304 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 09:04
vedant24 wrote:
Hello there, Can any R2 applicant confirm if their application status has changed? Mine still says application submitted....


My advice is not to worry about this...at all. It doesn't mean anything and will just drive you nuts. Mine went "under review" three weeks after the R1 deadline, then I didn't get invited to interview until Dec 6.

Seriously - ignore this, it's what's best for your mental health. :)
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Intern
Intern
Joined: 08 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Schools: Yale '14 (S)
WE: Business Development (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 09:17
CobraKai wrote:
vedant24 wrote:
Hello there, Can any R2 applicant confirm if their application status has changed? Mine still says application submitted....


My advice is not to worry about this...at all. It doesn't mean anything and will just drive you nuts. Mine went "under review" three weeks after the R1 deadline, then I didn't get invited to interview until Dec 6.

Seriously - ignore this, it's what's best for your mental health. :)


Thanks CobraKai.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 25 Jun 2011
Posts: 122
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 10:41
vedant24 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
vedant24 wrote:
Hello there, Can any R2 applicant confirm if their application status has changed? Mine still says application submitted....


My advice is not to worry about this...at all. It doesn't mean anything and will just drive you nuts. Mine went "under review" three weeks after the R1 deadline, then I didn't get invited to interview until Dec 6.

Seriously - ignore this, it's what's best for your mental health. :)


Thanks CobraKai.


What CobraKai said.

also, one of the applicants got the interview invite before his application status send "Under Review". So the status means nothing to the applicant.
Current Student
Joined: 15 Mar 2012
Posts: 107
Location: Guatemala
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 50

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 05:36
Just read through previous rounds and considering decisions will be posted on the 19th at 9am EST, its reasonable to expect calls to start going out today. Best of luck people!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 29 Jun 2012
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 05:57
Hey, I was wondering if any R1 Indian applicants have got interview calls so far, more specifically in the last few days.
Thank you!
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 762
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 304 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2012, 06:22
Sharpie wrote:
Just read through previous rounds and considering decisions will be posted on the 19th at 9am EST, its reasonable to expect calls to start going out today. Best of luck people!


This is straight from the Johnson website:

"Decisions: Decisions will appear on the Johnson Application page at Noon Eastern Time.

Deposit Deadlines: Accepted students must submit a $1,500 enrollment deposit by Noon Eastern Time on deposit date for the round. As a policy, we do not offer deposit extensions."

I wouldn't expect calls to start until tomorrow, especially with the backlog of applicants.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 17 Dec 2012, 06:22
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Popular new posts 46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
Popular new posts 14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 RSri 127 19 Dec 2012, 09:50
Moved topic 226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  83    Next  [ 1654 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.