Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 21:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 07:09
Not all adcoms provide feedback to active WLers. The only school I've heard of doing that is Tuck.

Also - all WLers are in the same boat as you in terms of timeline, so you're not at a disadvantage. I would review your application to find weak spots:

Did you have a lower GMAT/poor demonstration of quant skills?
Unclear career goals?
Lack of fit with Johnson?

These are things you can address in an update. Keep in mind the adcom wants SIGNIFICANT updates to supplement your application, so two months for a certification isn't a bad thing.

Lastly, the adcom doesn't need to hurry for the sake of WL applicants. Their goal is to build the class they want, and the WL is a tool for that. A lot of WLers put down a deposit elsewhere to make sure they have a seat in an MBA class, but if their dream school calls with an offer, they have no problem swallowing the deposit they've just paid.

Best of luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 3.92
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 07:31
jhpzju wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
huttman wrote:
Invited to interview last Friday. Interviewed yesterday (Thursday) morning. Got the call today at 4 PM. I am IN!!!!

Congrats!!! I got my Johnson starter kit FedEx'd today: Folder, pen, car decal, etc. You should be receiving that shortly.

I got mine on Christmas Eve!

Congrats, What a great way to start the holiday. I was so happy to find out before the winter break.
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 10:47
Ahhhh
this wait is killing me! Hope everyone had (or is still having) a great holiday, cant wait to find out my fate!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 12:35
Dbalks wrote:
hselika wrote:
Did anyone else also get the email from the admissions office talking about some system-screwup? I am an R2 applicant and te email said tey would START reading applications on jan 2

Posted from my mobile device Image

there was an admissions blog on the Johnson website about their system problems and switching to Ipad's, Although I didnt get an email (Rd 2 applicant) I am aware of the issues.

http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Tim ... -Blog.aspx

I got the email about the 'unexpected challenges' they're facing, although the details are pretty much the same as on the admissions blog.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Darden '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 06:14
I have a skype interview tomorrow. could anyone be kind enough to tell me what lines of questioning to expect?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: , International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Consulting (Other)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2012, 21:46
This wait is killing me!!! : S
Im out of the country now and my phone is unreachable..
Does anyone know if the adcom leaves a voice message?? or they will just send me email if they try once and the person doesnt pick up?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2012, 05:00
I'll be applying in R3..
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 03:26
yyyny wrote:
Does anyone know if the adcom leaves a voice message?? or they will just send me email if they try once and the person doesnt pick up?

I'm pretty sure they are on a winter break now.
Some of the AOs are still doing interviews but the decisions will be made till they meet after the NY.

Last edited by jhpzju on 31 Dec 2012, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 05:52
jhpzju wrote:
yyyny wrote:

I'm pretty sure thy are on a winter break now.
Some of the AOs are still doing interviews but the decision will be made till they meet after the NY.

Agreed, I wouldnt expect anything until the 2nd or 3rd
Here is their holiday schedule

https://www.hr.cornell.edu/policies/all ... idays.html
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 10:19
Happy holidays everyone! I've been away, but as an FYI I interviewed December 17th and got a call at 9pm EST with the offer! Hopefully I'll see some people at Destination Johnson in April! You're all guided by a force much stronger than luck, so I will be wishing none of that!
Current Student

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 10:35
ianczop wrote:
Happy holidays everyone! I've been away, but as an FYI I interviewed December 17th and got a call at 9pm EST with the offer! Hopefully I'll see some people at Destination Johnson in April! You're all guided by a force much stronger than luck, so I will be wishing none of that!

Hey, happy holidays to you too! did you get the call at 9pm that night? What time did you interview.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 10:54
Is anyone aware of the application procedure for a re-applicant?? Or we have to Submit a new application??
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 11:02
highwyre237 wrote:
ianczop wrote:

Hey, happy holidays to you too! did you get the call at 9pm that night? What time did you interview.

My interview was at 9:30 and i got the call the next day around 9pm. I think they thought i was on the west coast since its where im based out of, pretty neat tho the interviewer said prob not till after Xmas.
Current Student

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 11:43
ianczop wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:
ianczop wrote:

My interview was at 9:30 and i got the call the next day around 9pm. I think they thought i was on the west coast since its where im based out of, pretty neat tho the interviewer said prob not till after Xmas.

Awesome, and congrats. I interviewed on the 21st (Friday) and have been anxious ever since. Hope to hear some good news on the 2nd!
Current Student
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 21

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2012, 14:13
Any other Johnson R2 applicants out there? Looks like Cornell will begin (not even resume) reading R2 apps starting Jan 2nd. We can only hope for an interview invitation as well through the months of January/February.

One thing I'm a bit concerned with is that I may not have shown must interest to Cornell - their one admissions event in NYC I had to change my RSVP last minute due to a sports-related injury. I've read in an admissions book that some MBA admissions committees review everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, when it comes to evaluations. That includes every e-mail sent, every alumni event attended (or not attended in my case). Yikes.
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 00:07
highwyre237 wrote:
jhpzju wrote:
yyyny wrote:

I'm pretty sure thy are on a winter break now.
Some of the AOs are still doing interviews but the decision will be made till they meet after the NY.

Agreed, I wouldnt expect anything until the 2nd or 3rd
Here is their holiday schedule

https://www.hr.cornell.edu/policies/all ... idays.html

Thank you so much!!
I've been really anxious about the result!!!
I cannot wait till the 2nd....;)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 08:13
any update today? I interviewed on 12/20... Hoping to get a response today... This wait is killing me......
Intern
Intern

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 08:15
AresZhu wrote:
any update today? I interviewed on 12/20... Hoping to get a response today... This wait is killing me......

Same here!! I interviewed on the 20th... Hoping for good news! I'm out of the country and my phone is unreacheable.. Wondering if they will leave a voice msg or email...
Good luck to you!!!

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 08:17
yyyny wrote:
AresZhu wrote:

Same here!! I interviewed on the 20th... Hoping for good news! I'm out of the country and my phone is unreacheable.. Wondering if they will leave a voice msg or email...
Good luck to you!!!

Thank you you too!
I can't do anything right now other than staring at my phone... LOL.
Current Student

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2013, 08:20
yyyny wrote:
AresZhu wrote:

Good luck to you!!!

no word yet, although my status on the admission portal changed from "Interview Scheduled" to "Complete - Your application is complete for final review by the selection committee. We will post your final decision or send an update by 9 a.m. Eastern time on the published notification date for your round."

It looks like everyone who has been called since after the official decision date was done so after business hours, or at least later in the day... (From about 4pm-9pm) So... I wouldn't worry yet. Good luck all!
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2013, 08:20