Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 10:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Johnson '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 21:32
This post received
KUDOS
Congratulations to everyone who has been admitted!

I'm a first year student here who was more of a lurker than a poster when I was applying (over a two year period), but I'm happy to help answer any questions you have.

Good luck to everyone who is in the application process!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Consortium
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [1] , given: 37

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 09:40
This post received
KUDOS
Nymba77 wrote:
jplw26 wrote:
Any 1st round admits get invites to Leadership Weekend in February?

I did! Are you going? Any current students know what that weekend is all about?

The short answer is that it's a weekend of team leading and team building exercises where you'll be essentially competing for a full-tuition Park Fellowship. Last year, everybody who attended the weekend received at least a partial scholarship but only some people received the full-tuition Park Fellowship. Also, there's multiple Leadership weekends depending on what round you applied.

It's better to be lucky than to be good.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2013, 09:11
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys -

I'm a current 1st year at Johnson so if you have any questions feel free to ask or PM me.

Good luck with your applications - and for those that have already been accepted, I hope to see most of you in the fall.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 06:44
This post received
KUDOS
tahirfinn wrote:
Does anyone know if there is any differences shown on the degrees of the AMBA and MBA graduates? e.g. do they actually type Accelerated MBA for AMBAers or just MBA? I was admitted to the two-year MBA in R1, and petitioned to have a dual degree study with other non-cornell master programs in international affairs. However, Johnson insists that they do not approve dual degrees with non-cornell programs, rather, they agreed to have me as an AMBA student, in such case I can still complete my MBA degree within three semesters. Although the schedule of the study at both schools would still allow me to do a summer internship for my career switch, I want to make sure if recruiters would consider the AMBA as a different degree from traditional two-year MBA. Anybody has the information?

The short answer is: no. You'll have a degree that says "Masters of Business Administration" on it.

All schools use the pitch that executive, part-time, weekend, 1-year, online etc all lead to the same degree: the MBA. Very different paths, but one resulting degree.

Cornell is no different: https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Accelerated-MBA/Key-Facts.aspx, compare with http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Two-Year-MBA/Key-Facts.aspx

Both list "Cornell University MBA" under "Degree Awarded"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2013, 07:18
This post received
KUDOS
For those of you submitting applications today for Round 3 this blog post should interest you:

http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/Full-Time-MBA/Admissions/Admissions-Blog/EntryId/330/Round-3-Applicants.aspx

Key is that they anticipate sending out interview invites on Feb 11, but will invite all the way up until April 2 (I know the majority of you hate that).

Good luck!

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 36 [1] , given: 26

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2013, 04:13
This post received
KUDOS
burgundy2015 wrote:
accepted!!!!! Applied Consortium R1, interviewed on 1/24

Congrats!

I applied R2 and interviewed 15 Jan. So did R1 invites went past the R2 invites?
More importantly, as I interviewed earlier than burgundy, can I too get my decision now? :wink:

The chase begins ...

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2013, 09:09
This post received
KUDOS
hailmary620 wrote:
isthereanyleft wrote:
vishal2302 wrote:
Where did you read about the interview invites coming by 11th Feb? I thought it was towards the end of Feb. maybe I am wrong. Their decision notification date is 3rd April.

Excerpt from the Cornell Admission MBA blog:

We are still reading and interviewing round 2 applications and doing the same for our Consortium applicants that are on a rolling basis for admissions decisions. We roll the decisions for Consortium since we are on a very tight deadline with The Consortium organization to get decisions out by a specific deadline. We expect to fully focus on round 3 after February 25th and readers will continue to stay on course with round 2 and then round 3 applications. Interview invitations will start going out by February 11th for round 3 and will continue up until the notification date of April 3rd. Our goal is to get through and notify admits as quickly as possible so that they can plan to attend our admitted student weekend, Destination Johnson April 12-14th!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 10:47
This post received
KUDOS
highwyre237 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
Just curious, did you have any Round 2 apps teed up? That couldn't have been a fun holiday break after hearing from just one of the three schools you applied to.

I had UNC and Emory ready to go for their R3s (of 4) just incase, luckily I never had to bother with the final revision. But yeah, brutal holiday season lol.

Nice. I couldn't imagine shouting "Happy New Year!" at the stroke of midnight while thinking in the back of my mind..."is it?"

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 17:35
This post received
KUDOS
nyama wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independent event.

I opt to disagree. In my case i guess. Each application was not and is not an independent event, because i turned in the same file to all the schools. IF you had said 'each adcom' is an independent event, and therefore if invited to one school, one shouldn't expect to be invited elsewhere, i would agree with you.

But surely, if you get an invite from Johnson, then logically, you should get an invite at some 3-tier school.

1) Read the quote again: I said each admissions decision is an independent event, not the application. Which is what you seem to agree with.
2) Not all essay questions are the same, so your applications were bound to vary a bit.
3) Just like it's your opinion to disagree, each admissions committee is going to react in a different subjective manner to an application, even though you turned in the same thing.

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [1] , given: 21

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 13:45
This post received
KUDOS
lv76 wrote:
EmBeeAy23 wrote:
...I'm in.

Finally, in. :-D

A huge weight off the shoulders. Super thrilled at the prospect of being a member of the Johnson community this fall.
I can't really describe how I'm feeling right now other than... just feeling super, super positive. I think the news will sink in later.

Congratulations to all fellow R2 admits and best of luck to those who are still waiting!!

Congrats! Where are you from? and did you apply for the park fellowship?

Thanks ~! I'm from New York. I did not apply for the Park fellowship.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Johnson '15 (A)

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 16:22
This post received
KUDOS
Just accepted to the AMBA today. Good luck everyone.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 08:50
This post received
KUDOS
The "unofficial" facebook group is here for all you recent admits:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JohnsonClassOf2015/

What do you care, Str1der, aren't you headed to Tuck? :P

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [1] , given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 05:30
This post received
KUDOS
CobraKai wrote:
sunjuu1 wrote:
Did anyone here start the Kroll process already and can share some insight about the process?

All I've done is order my official transcripts to be sent directly to Johnson...**STUPID QUESTION ALERT** what do we need to do to start the Kroll process?

From the offer letter
Quote:
Offers of admission are not binding until we verify the information from your application. You are required to send official transcripts from all of the institutions you attended and official score reports for required exams. You will not be registered for courses until we verify your official records. Please send the required documents to your application manager. You are also required to complete a background check and submit a fee for this service. You will be contacted by Re Vera Services, LLC, if you accept your offer of admission.

Seems like we sit back and wait
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.2

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 09:02
This post received
KUDOS
just got an e-mail!!!

in @ cornell

Thanks God

good luck to you all!!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 11:21
This post received
KUDOS
gmatmember85 wrote:
Waitlisted as well.. I don't see any dings in the forum.. does Cornell announce only admit/waitlist?

What's more likely is that GMAT Club members aren't so eager to post a "ding" here right away. Some even remove a school from their profile instead of updating the status to "rejected"

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 136 [1] , given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 18:22
This post received
KUDOS
Seems like there aren't many admits on this forum for Cornell and most of the guys who did get admitted are going elsewhere. Is there an official fb group so we all Rd3 applicants can get an idea of how many people are admitted so far?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 07:02
This post received
KUDOS
saurabhpankaj wrote:
fucb wrote:
nozama wrote:
Has anyone been able to log into Ning through your email address?

Yes, I have. It's normal to login.

I am a 2nd round applicant and I haven't received a response yet... I'm so anxious to know it! Jesus!

OK, Stuoid Question: What's a Ning? I thought its something for admitted applicants! Isn't it?

Yea, it's a social network for admitted students. I couldn't log in with my email address either, had to send the admissions office an email. No one is missing much by not being on it currently.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 15:43
This post received
KUDOS
sunjuu1 wrote:
Cornell is outstanding. Program wise they probably are a better fit (I am in finance), but Duke is great too. I am a bit discouraged by the cold in Ithaca and it is a consideration for me. I figure that I will be fine graduating from both and both have strong programs with their respective advantages.
It is a tough one. I do have a soft spot for Cornell.

Flip a coin. If you're disappointed with the outcome, you know which way you should go. :P

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Cornell (accepted)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 22:20
This post received
KUDOS
Hello All,

I'm just going to hop in here to provide the link to the Johnson at Cornell University, Class of 2015 admitted students Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Johnson ... 5/?fref=ts

Feel free to chat with other admitted students and the few current students who are also in the group to answer any questions. Then in the summer all of the current students will remove themselves from the group and it will become the "Unofficial" Class of 2015 FB page.

Congratulations to all the admits. For those of you still waiting - sit tight! It's not over until it's over!

Best,
2nd Yr Johnson Student, who cannot believe that this Journey is coming to an end, but who is excited for the Class of 2015.

Find out more about my MBA ADMISSIONS BOOK on how to navigate the b-school application process: http://bit.ly/1a9U7Cl

Blogged my way through the application process, 1st & 2nd year of school at Johnson at Cornell University - Graduated 5/26/2013 - Follow my MBA journey here @ http://www.money9111.blogspot.com | 1 New Post on 10/10
!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [1] , given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 07:44
This post received
KUDOS
asimov wrote:
sunjuu1 wrote:
Guy's, question; bottom line, would you choose duke or cornell?

Ferrari or Lamborghini? Without knowing your specifics, this question is very difficult to answer. Both schools are very good. There are differences in employment opportunities, learning experience, location, culture, etc. But those differences could be good or bad depending on your preference.

Actuall it's Subaru vs Chrysler

http://www.mbaapply.com/advice.htm#elite8

Agreed, this is why I asked why duke, and why cornell. Honestly, whichever question is easier to answer is the right choice for you.
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2013, 07:44