Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 03:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Healthcare
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 16

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 11:05
R2 Applicant. Got an interview invite today. It was directed to 'undisclosed recipients', so I'm sure a few got invited today. Interesting this 'undisclosed recipients' bit. Have all invitees received similar correspondence?
Very excited! Anyone planning a Sage-Social visit+interview in the next 2-3 weeks?
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 26

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 15:25
Daedalus3 wrote:
R2 Applicant. Got an interview invite today. It was directed to 'undisclosed recipients', so I'm sure a few got invited today. Interesting this 'undisclosed recipients' bit. Have all invitees received similar correspondence?

No, I received the invite mail directed to me only.
R1 invitees recd. admit calls on a rolling basis. I have interviewed, how soon could I expect the decision call ? Feb20 seems so far.

The chase begins ...

Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 191 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 16:46
Question for you guys who visited/applied.

I'm looking to apply next fall, R1. I have some potential downtime in the next few months, and was looking to visit some schools, cornell being one of them. Do you think it is too early to visit Johnson? i.e. do you think the adcom team is more busy with filling out the class from this year's applicants?

My Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/
Most Recent Post: Time to Catch Up Updated: 1/9/14

Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 304 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 17:23
hamm0 wrote:

I'm looking to apply next fall, R1. I have some potential downtime in the next few months, and was looking to visit some schools, cornell being one of them. Do you think it is too early to visit Johnson? i.e. do you think the adcom team is more busy with filling out the class from this year's applicants?

The spring before you apply is a good time to visit. The first years have a semester under their belt and are more knowledgeable than if you visit in the fall. Also, any connections with first years you make will help in the fall when they become second years. Good luck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Manager
Manager

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 20:58
dreamchase wrote:
Daedalus3 wrote:

R1 invitees recd. admit calls on a rolling basis. I have interviewed, how soon could I expect the decision call ? Feb20 seems so far.

Strange.. The one I received was addressed to 'Dear Applicant'.
Oh well.. thrilled about the invite nonetheless. :)
Any other R2 invitees here? Anyone planning a trek to Ithaca soon?
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 23:36
Daedalus3 wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
Daedalus3 wrote:

Strange.. The one I received was addressed to 'Dear Applicant'.
Oh well.. thrilled about the invite nonetheless. :)
Any other R2 invitees here? Anyone planning a trek to Ithaca soon?

Will you be going to Ithaca from India ? and did your status say "under review" before the invite ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 23:50
StickerShock wrote:
Will you be going to Ithaca from India ? and did your status say "under review" before the invite ?

More like a 5 hour drive from NJ to Ithaca. I work in NJ currently. Indian applicant though. I'm sorry I did not check my status before I got the invite.
All the best to you!

P.S: And if I was in India and had the time/money to make the trip to Ithaca, I would totally do it. no doubts there :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 26

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 23:57
StickerShock wrote:

As an R1 Indian applicant, I can tell you that the status on the portal does not matter too much. If you look at previous posts, there have been instances when status remained 'submitted/under review' even for people who were interviewed.

Has any other R2 Indian applicant received an interview invite?

Just smile and ways boys. Smile and wave.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 06:12
Have my Johnson interview later today via Skype. Applied via the Consortium in Round One. I’ve been interested in Cornell for a long time now. In fact, I even pursued a wait list spot to their law school all the way up until my very first day at Emory University. Maybe, this time Ithaca shall be in my near future.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 12:04
alexpiers wrote:
Folks, does anybody received interview invite for R2 candidate, AMBA.

Adcom started reading profiles more than 10 days ago.

Yes. I got the interview invite yesterday morning.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 12:30
poolmail2000 wrote:
alexpiers wrote:
Folks, does anybody received interview invite for R2 candidate, AMBA.

Adcom started reading profiles more than 10 days ago.

Yes. I got the interview invite yesterday morning.

Thanks
Current Student
Schools: Cornell (accepted)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 12:49
Nope! Not too early. That's actually the BEST time to come up and visit as things are very crazy in the Fall. The 1st years don't really know what's going on and the 2nd years (well... no one really reaches out to us 2nd years) ahaha...

Come on up!!!

hamm0 wrote:

Find out more about my MBA ADMISSIONS BOOK on how to navigate the b-school application process: http://bit.ly/1a9U7Cl

Blogged my way through the application process, 1st & 2nd year of school at Johnson at Cornell University - Graduated 5/26/2013 - Follow my MBA journey here @ http://www.money9111.blogspot.com | 1 New Post on 10/10
!

Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 50

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 14:27
Has there been any word on the % increase of apps in the first 2 rounds?

Im under the impression Johnson had a pretty significant spike in apps this year. Has it been the same in other schools?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Duke '15 (M)
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 5

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 06:54
Just received my invite to interview. Submitted on the round 2 deadline date back in Nov.
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2013, 13:43
highwyre237 wrote:
I've never been drunk in a museum... this may have been my only chance :-(

If you come to San Francisco I'll take you to one of the monthly "adults only" nights at the de Young, Academy of Sciences, or SFMOMA. Art and science were meant to be enjoyed with booze (and sans children). Another one of those SF things I'm sure to miss!

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 04:13
Hello everyone,

I am applying for Cornell full time two year MBA program and I think I am eligible for TOEFL waiver, because I have undergraduate degree from US based university. Do I have to ask for a waiver by separate e-mail or form or will they waive it automatically after seeing my application form?
Thank you,
Mariam
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2013, 12:29
Tsikvina wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am applying for Cornell full time two year MBA program and I think I am eligible for TOEFL waiver, because I have undergraduate degree from US based university. Do I have to ask for a waiver by separate e-mail or form or will they waive it automatically after seeing my application form?
Thank you,
Mariam

There is a section in the app where you mention it. You have to select an option as to why you need a waiver
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 08:23
Any invites to international candidates yet? I applied in R2 (Nov end). I am from Toronto, Canada
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 08:55
I am expecting too (haven't received yet). I am from India.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 18:54
silus151 wrote:
I am expecting too (haven't received yet). I am from India.

Same here.. This wait is nerve-racking...
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2013, 18:54