Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 14:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 09:48
You received the invite to interview on Dec 6th and then the admit call a day before the decision date?
Until what date do you have to confirm?
Also, do you know anything about when the Kroll process begins?
Thx!!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 09:55
sunjuu1 wrote:
You received the invite to interview on Dec 6th and then the admit call a day before the decision date?
Until what date do you have to confirm?
Also, do you know anything about when the Kroll process begins?
Thx!!

I received an interview invite on Dec 18th, interviewed on the 21st, and received my decision on 1/4. Cornell said they would release decisions within 48 or 72 hours after an interview taking place after the decision date. In my case, I interviewed in the afternoon of the last day before their holiday break, so I received my decision a few weeks later.

I still had to pay my deposit by 1/30 (the normal round 1 deadline)
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 10:30
highwyre237 wrote:
I received an interview invite on Dec 18th, interviewed on the 21st, and received my decision on 1/4. Cornell said they would release decisions within 48 or 72 hours after an interview taking place after the decision date. In my case, I interviewed in the afternoon of the last day before their holiday break, so I received my decision a few weeks later.

Just curious, did you have any Round 2 apps teed up? That couldn't have been a fun holiday break after hearing from just one of the three schools you applied to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 326 [0], given: 108

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 10:39
CobraKai wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

Just curious, did you have any Round 2 apps teed up? That couldn't have been a fun holiday break after hearing from just one of the three schools you applied to.

I had UNC and Emory ready to go for their R3s (of 4) just incase, luckily I never had to bother with the final revision. But yeah, brutal holiday season lol.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 310 [1] , given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 10:47
This post received
KUDOS
highwyre237 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:

I had UNC and Emory ready to go for their R3s (of 4) just incase, luckily I never had to bother with the final revision. But yeah, brutal holiday season lol.

Nice. I couldn't imagine shouting "Happy New Year!" at the stroke of midnight while thinking in the back of my mind..."is it?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 22:48
highwyre237 wrote:
vatsas wrote:
I am sure that last set of invites for R2 applications will be sent out next week. Someone from R1 had received invitation on 6th Dec.

Good luck guys!

FYI I was in round 1 and received my interview invite the day before decision day. Johnson states that invites will be extended up until decision day, and they mean it.

Well, don't count on that to repeat in R2. R1 was messed up because of their new apps system in place & they were behind the schedule. Till now they would be used to it.
Although many school maintain that invites 'can' go out till last day, don't count on it (Especially for international students). They would be atleast done with the interviews a week before the relase date or so. And Cornell is no exception to this rule either - They were FORCED to make full use of last day available, it was not their choice. Infact some invites went out after the release date!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 00:26
EscapeGoat wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
Hi, can you elaborate what this means? I.e. going to company presentations, contacting Johnson alum @ McKinsey, etc, etc.

Certainly - no matter where you go to school, you'll quickly realize that "networking" will be a significant factor in terms of gaining traction with a lot of your target firms. This especially holds true in banking and consulting where you'll be expected to reach out to alumni and setup informational interviews, either by phone or even in-person.

Going to company briefings and office hours will generally be mandatory if you want any chance at securing an interview. The things that will set you apart from your classmates, as well as other candidates from other schools, will be the types of relationships you build with current associates and employees of the firms. Obviously, if the recruiters and hiring managers already know who you are, genuinely like you, and have taken an interest in you, then you're fairly likely to get an interview and possibly an offer.

So yea ultimately, you'll need to leverage your networks (undergrad, b-school, past co-workers, friends, family, etc.) and reach out to as many people as you can. Honestly, I think this is why reaching out to current students, professors, and alums is always viewed favorably by the adcom during the admissions process, since those are the types of things you're going to need to do during b-school to land solid internships and full-time jobs.

Thankfully the Johnson/Cornell alums are usually pretty friendly and helpful!

Thanks a lot! It's really helpful.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 00:33
highwyre237 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
highwyre237 wrote:

You are really active on this forum. Look forward to meeting you in Ithaca!
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 11:17
dreamchase wrote:
burgundy2015 wrote:
accepted!!!!! Applied Consortium R1, interviewed on 1/24

Congrats!

I applied R2 and interviewed 15 Jan. So did R1 invites went past the R2 invites?
More importantly, as I interviewed earlier than burgundy, can I too get my decision now? :wink:

Hi dreamchase- I applied via Consortium R1, which was 11/15 application date. Not sure if we are on different schedules.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 46

Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 12:50
Anyone heading to Leadership weekend Mar 1/2? I will be there and traveling from NYC.

The only way to atone for being occasionally a little over-dressed is by being always absolutely over-educated.
Oscar Wilde

Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 07:59
What does your application status show currently. Mine just shows "Currently Under Review?"[/quote]

Sorry to respond so late, mine still shows "Submitted"
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 27

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 10:09
For all those in india worrying invites from nov are done, a friend of mine in india got his invite a while back. Hang tight everyone.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2013, 14:00
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I got an interview invite today. I applied in Round 2. So its still coming..

Oh and am an Indian applicant
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 14:53
I had my interview in Ithaca last week. I interviewed with a second year student. I loved the campus.

Anyone knows when adcoms start calling the admits? I am getting really anxious about the decision.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 19:42
Allys wrote:
I had my interview in Ithaca last week. I interviewed with a second year student. I loved the campus.

Anyone knows when adcoms start calling the admits? I am getting really anxious about the decision.

I got my call 1 week after interview. GL!
Current Student

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 20:06
Allys wrote:

I had mine last week too! I really want Cornell now. Here's to hoping for the best... for both of us. And to finding out soon!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 22:43
Fleepie wrote:
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I got an interview invite today. I applied in Round 2. So its still coming..

Just curious, when is the interview scheduled for the latest international invitees of Rd2?
Current Student

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 07:29
saurabhpankaj wrote:
Fleepie wrote:
Hi all,

Just curious, when is the interview scheduled for the latest international invitees of Rd2?

R2 decisions come out on the 20th... possibly even the 19th. So i'd assume they'd be doing the last of the R2 interview next week. But, who knows, they could do interviews down to the very last day or beyond, if they're still behind from the R1 delays.
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 13:11
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 13:39
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.

Which round did you apply in?

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Feb 2013, 13:39