Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 02:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 14:53
I had my interview in Ithaca last week. I interviewed with a second year student. I loved the campus.

Anyone knows when adcoms start calling the admits? I am getting really anxious about the decision.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2012
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 19:42
Allys wrote:
I had my interview in Ithaca last week. I interviewed with a second year student. I loved the campus.

Anyone knows when adcoms start calling the admits? I am getting really anxious about the decision.


I got my call 1 week after interview. GL!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 20:06
Allys wrote:
I had my interview in Ithaca last week. I interviewed with a second year student. I loved the campus.

Anyone knows when adcoms start calling the admits? I am getting really anxious about the decision.


I had mine last week too! I really want Cornell now. Here's to hoping for the best... for both of us. And to finding out soon!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Posts: 101
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2013, 22:43
Fleepie wrote:
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I got an interview invite today. I applied in Round 2. So its still coming..

Oh and am an Indian applicant


Just curious, when is the interview scheduled for the latest international invitees of Rd2?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 07:29
saurabhpankaj wrote:
Fleepie wrote:
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I got an interview invite today. I applied in Round 2. So its still coming..

Oh and am an Indian applicant


Just curious, when is the interview scheduled for the latest international invitees of Rd2?


R2 decisions come out on the 20th... possibly even the 19th. So i'd assume they'd be doing the last of the R2 interview next week. But, who knows, they could do interviews down to the very last day or beyond, if they're still behind from the R1 delays.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Writing Essays
Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 22
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 13:11
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 13:39
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.


Which round did you apply in?

_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Writing Essays
Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 22
WE 1: Consulting
WE 2: Private Equity
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 14:33
hailmary620 wrote:
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.


Which round did you apply in?



Round 2 in Nov.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2013, 19:13
Another week went by.....still waiting : (
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 05:36
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.

What round did u apply?
Have anybody who applied in round three have received an interview invites yet?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 45
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 8

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 05:55
Tsikvina wrote:
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.

What round did u apply?
Have anybody who applied in round three have received an interview invites yet?


According to the adcom, interview invites for R3 applicants will start today...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 06:02
MBA83MI wrote:
Tsikvina wrote:
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.

What round did u apply?
Have anybody who applied in round three have received an interview invites yet?


According to the adcom, interview invites for R3 applicants will start today...


Thanks a lot. My application status shows currently under review.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2012
Posts: 45
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 8

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 06:07
Mine too... since last week.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Posts: 101
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 06:33
StickerShock wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.


Which round did you apply in?



Round 2 in Nov.

Are you guys done with your interview? Str1der/StickerShock/Fleepie? Else what is the last day its scheduled for?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 09:03
Best of luck to the round 2 candidates.. The best advice I have from round 1 is continue to be patient because Cornell seems to operate a little differently then other school. It is almost like rolling admissions because they deal with each individual at their own time it seems. When i interviewed, I think there was only one other applicant there that day. Opposed to Yale, MIT, where I met like 15-20 people who also were interviewing on the same day (which was intimidating)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Schools: Johnson '15 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 10:11
Dbalks wrote:
Best of luck to the round 2 candidates.. The best advice I have from round 1 is continue to be patient because Cornell seems to operate a little differently then other school. It is almost like rolling admissions because they deal with each individual at their own time it seems. When i interviewed, I think there was only one other applicant there that day. Opposed to Yale, MIT, where I met like 15-20 people who also were interviewing on the same day (which was intimidating)


I visited the campus last month and agree that the admissions process seems to be more personalized at Cornell. When I was there only four people were there to interview and I was the only person visiting the campus. On the other hand, the smaller overall class size at Cornell would lead to the smaller interview pool on any given day.

I would definitely recommend patience during the admissions process. Although Christine Sneva notes that the round three invitations will start going out by today she also notes that they will be focusing on Consortium and Round 2 applicants through February 25th. While some interview invites may go out over the next week or so I would guess the majority of Round 3 invites will not be sent out until the end of the month to the beginning of March.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 70
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 10:32
R2 int candidate. 2,5 months passed from R2 deadline - no notifications, calls, e-mails..... Profile on the website did not change. Passed interviews in ALL other schools (TOP 10 + rest).
Johnson is really strange school.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 762
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 163

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 10:43
Seen wrote:
I visited the campus last month and agree that the admissions process seems to be more personalized at Cornell. When I was there only four people were there to interview and I was the only person visiting the campus. On the other hand, the smaller overall class size at Cornell would lead to the smaller interview pool on any given day.



I think Johnson's Skype option thins the on-campus interviewing herd. For instance, Darden has a similar class size to Johnson, but requires all US applicants to interview on Grounds, which is why there was a ton of people there when I interviewed. Also, Darden seems to be more liberal in who they invite as it tends to be about 50% of the applicant pool. My gut feeling is that Johnson interviews less because they waitlilst applicants without an interview, whereas Darden interviews everyone before deciding to put them on the waitlist (no interview = ding).

alexpiers wrote:
R2 int candidate. 2,5 months passed from R2 deadline - no notifications, calls, e-mails..... Profile on the website did not change. Passed interviews in ALL other schools (TOP 10 + rest).
Johnson is really strange school.


Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independant event.

_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 70
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 11:28
alexpiers wrote:
R2 int candidate. 2,5 months passed from R2 deadline - no notifications, calls, e-mails..... Profile on the website did not change. Passed interviews in ALL other schools (TOP 10 + rest).
Johnson is really strange school.

Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independant event.


No, it is ok. I understand, different schools - different adcoms and goals. I am talking about communication. Normal time frame for decision notification: interview/ding = max 6 or 8 weeks (at most). In this case almost 11 weeks passed. They can "ding" me - it is thier right, no prob, but they should notify me.

Last edited by alexpiers on 11 Feb 2013, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2011
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 13:25
R2 candidate from Toronto, Canada and have not heard anything yet .. quite the long wait..chances seem slim now
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2013, 13:25
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 RSri 127 19 Dec 2012, 09:50
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  83    Next  [ 1654 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.