Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sick of Refreshing Email
Joined: 10 Mar 2011
Posts: 100
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 13:38
I am struggling to schedule interview. I sent an email to the admission officer three days ago but havent heard back. I called the adcom member and left a voice message but haven't heard back.

Is there any other way to schedule interview than sending email to the admission member mentioned in the invite email?
_________________

Thanks
Sumeet
www.midasreturns.wordpress.com

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 766
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 16:07
vatsas wrote:
I am struggling to schedule interview. I sent an email to the admission officer three days ago but havent heard back. I called the adcom member and left a voice message but haven't heard back.

Is there any other way to schedule interview than sending email to the admission member mentioned in the invite email?


Call again. Sorry there isn't a better solution, but that's what I did. I left a voicemail. Didn't hear back for 3 hours and I called again - she picked up, and I scheduled the interview. Would be so much easier if they had an online scheduling system.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
avatar
Status: Married
Affiliations: MENSA India
Joined: 30 Apr 2011
Posts: 102
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V35
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 640 Q44 V32
GMAT 4: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 5: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 16:45
Thanks for keeping the forum alive and giving great inputs CobraKai, vatsas, alexpiers, Seen, Dbalks.

I'm a R3 candidate. Haven't received any email notification and status on application hasn't changed. Agree with Seen about the communication getting delayed and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to all applicants!

Cheers,
Pra
_________________

Always aim at the moon. Never mind if you miss, you will fall in the stars :-)

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 16:56
CobraKai wrote:
vatsas wrote:
I am struggling to schedule interview. I sent an email to the admission officer three days ago but havent heard back. I called the adcom member and left a voice message but haven't heard back.

Is there any other way to schedule interview than sending email to the admission member mentioned in the invite email?


Call again. Sorry there isn't a better solution, but that's what I did. I left a voicemail. Didn't hear back for 3 hours and I called again - she picked up, and I scheduled the interview. Would be so much easier if they had an online scheduling system.



Agreed, the scheduling process is a bit archaic, but once you get an adcom member on the phone, they are extremely helpful. Good luck!
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 245
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 17:24
alexpiers wrote:
Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independant event.


I opt to disagree. In my case i guess. Each application was not and is not an independent event, because i turned in the same file to all the schools. IF you had said 'each adcom' is an independent event, and therefore if invited to one school, one shouldn't expect to be invited elsewhere, i would agree with you.

But surely, if you get an invite from Johnson, then logically, you should get an invite at some 3-tier school.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 17:31
nyama wrote:
alexpiers wrote:
Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independant event.


I opt to disagree. In my case i guess. Each application was not and is not an independent event, because i turned in the same file to all the schools. IF you had said 'each adcom' is an independent event, and therefore if invited to one school, one shouldn't expect to be invited elsewhere, i would agree with you.

But surely, if you get an invite from Johnson, then logically, you should get an invite at some 3-tier school.

What do you mean you sent the same file to each school?

Sure, your GMAT + GPA + Work experience will be the same for all schools... but there are so many other variables... How do you fit at that school? How well did you sell your vision? How driven did you come off? How well did you communicate all of these things in your interviews? What other applicants has that school received similar to you?
Sure, if you have the stats to make it into HBS, you have the pure stats to get into any school, but business school admissions isn't a pure numbers game. This isn't law school.
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 245
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 100

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2013, 20:18
CobraKai wrote:
nyama wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
Different adcoms look for different things. We need to get away from the mentality that getting into a highly ranked school means you should get into all schools that are ranked lower (this is also assuming the same level of effort was put into ALL applications, which is rarely the case). Each admissions decision is an independent event.


I opt to disagree. In my case i guess. Each application was not and is not an independent event, because i turned in the same file to all the schools. IF you had said 'each adcom' is an independent event, and therefore if invited to one school, one shouldn't expect to be invited elsewhere, i would agree with you.

But surely, if you get an invite from Johnson, then logically, you should get an invite at some 3-tier school.


1) Read the quote again: I said each admissions decision is an independent event, not the application. Which is what you seem to agree with.
2) Not all essay questions are the same, so your applications were bound to vary a bit.
3) Just like it's your opinion to disagree, each admissions committee is going to react in a different subjective manner to an application, even though you turned in the same thing.


Ah, i see. Yep, you are correct!
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 02:39
saurabhpankaj wrote:
StickerShock wrote:
StickerShock wrote:
Invited to interview , 12:00 PM EST, Indian candidate from India.





Round 2 in Nov.

Are you guys done with your interview? Str1der/StickerShock/Fleepie? Else what is the last day its scheduled for?


Hey - I already interviewed via Skype last week. It was a 45 min-1 hour interview. The email I received mentioned that I should have completed my interview in the next 2 weeks, which ends this Friday. Same for a friend of mine who received his invite last week sometime but was asked to interview before the decision deadline of this round.

On the interview - Very friendly , and I must say, very different. Questions focused a lot on work, leadership, and career. Very little on why jonson, why the USA, why now etc. She also asked me 2 questions that completely threw me off - very vague stuff like imagine you are this, how would you react to that etc.

However, I enjoyed the interview. It made me think. I don't know what to take away from it, as the interviewer was super nice and encouraged me even though I felt my answer got left midway/was lacking. Guess I'll find out nest week.
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Schools: Johnson '15 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 11:20
str1der wrote:

Hey - I already interviewed via Skype last week. It was a 45 min-1 hour interview. The email I received mentioned that I should have completed my interview in the next 2 weeks, which ends this Friday. Same for a friend of mine who received his invite last week sometime but was asked to interview before the decision deadline of this round.

On the interview - Very friendly , and I must say, very different. Questions focused a lot on work, leadership, and career. Very little on why jonson, why the USA, why now etc. She also asked me 2 questions that completely threw me off - very vague stuff like imagine you are this, how would you react to that etc.

However, I enjoyed the interview. It made me think. I don't know what to take away from it, as the interviewer was super nice and encouraged me even though I felt my answer got left midway/was lacking. Guess I'll find out nest week.

Str1der,

Given the total amount of time for your interview do not fret the two questions that threw you off. In the scope of the entire interview that couldn't have amounted to more than 5 minutes. Remember that for each Cornell interview they write down a transcript, well summary, of the entire interview and present to the adcom. Unless you said something radically insulting or off topic it will just be one or two lines of their notes.

Was your interviewer a second year student? I feel that students are more prone to throwing curve balls into their interviews than the paid admissions committee members. Furthermore, the interviews are blind so hey have your resume in front of them and just a few notes from the admissions person who first read your complete app, which is most likely why they were primarily focused on your work experience.

Good Luck on your acceptance!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Status: Sick of Refreshing Email
Joined: 10 Mar 2011
Posts: 100
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 13:35
highwyre237 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
vatsas wrote:
I am struggling to schedule interview. I sent an email to the admission officer three days ago but havent heard back. I called the adcom member and left a voice message but haven't heard back.

Is there any other way to schedule interview than sending email to the admission member mentioned in the invite email?


Call again. Sorry there isn't a better solution, but that's what I did. I left a voicemail. Didn't hear back for 3 hours and I called again - she picked up, and I scheduled the interview. Would be so much easier if they had an online scheduling system.



Agreed, the scheduling process is a bit archaic, but once you get an adcom member on the phone, they are extremely helpful. Good luck!


I am still unable to reach the adcom. Called the adcom member thrice since morning but did not leave any voice message. I emailed the adcom member again.

Should I call admissions tomorrow instead of calling the adcom member? It is getting tight now!
_________________

Thanks
Sumeet
www.midasreturns.wordpress.com

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Disbelief! The Countdown Begins
Affiliations: CFA
Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Posts: 221
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 14:18
Call adcom member tomorrow and leave a message with a number to call you back. They are good about returning phone calls. Then if you dont hear back in a few hours, call admin office and let them know your predicament that you are excited to interview but having trouble scheduling with your adcom member.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 42
Schools: Wharton, UCLA, NYU, Cornell, Michigan, Columbia
WE 1: Nokia Siemens Networks
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 14:18
Has anybody from R3 received an Interview invite?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Johnson '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 18:11
Tweet from Christine Sneva:

Christine Sneva ‏@Christine_Sneva

#Johnson Adcom had a long night making the first wave of R2 decisions! Admit calls start tomorrow! #Johnson2014 & #Johnson2015


Good luck everyone!
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Can't wait for August!
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 977
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 18:17
Bambala wrote:
Tweet from Christine Sneva:

Christine Sneva ‏@Christine_Sneva

#Johnson Adcom had a long night making the first wave of R2 decisions! Admit calls start tomorrow! #Johnson2014 & #Johnson2015


Good luck everyone!


Good luck all!
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 374
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 27

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 18:28
Seen wrote:
str1der wrote:

Hey - I already interviewed via Skype last week. It was a 45 min-1 hour interview. The email I received mentioned that I should have completed my interview in the next 2 weeks, which ends this Friday. Same for a friend of mine who received his invite last week sometime but was asked to interview before the decision deadline of this round.

On the interview - Very friendly , and I must say, very different. Questions focused a lot on work, leadership, and career. Very little on why jonson, why the USA, why now etc. She also asked me 2 questions that completely threw me off - very vague stuff like imagine you are this, how would you react to that etc.

However, I enjoyed the interview. It made me think. I don't know what to take away from it, as the interviewer was super nice and encouraged me even though I felt my answer got left midway/was lacking. Guess I'll find out nest week.

Str1der,

Given the total amount of time for your interview do not fret the two questions that threw you off. In the scope of the entire interview that couldn't have amounted to more than 5 minutes. Remember that for each Cornell interview they write down a transcript, well summary, of the entire interview and present to the adcom. Unless you said something radically insulting or off topic it will just be one or two lines of their notes.

Was your interviewer a second year student? I feel that students are more prone to throwing curve balls into their interviews than the paid admissions committee members. Furthermore, the interviews are blind so hey have your resume in front of them and just a few notes from the admissions person who first read your complete app, which is most likely why they were primarily focused on your work experience.

Good Luck on your acceptance!


I am not fretting about this, in fact as i mentioned, i actually enjoyed the questions as they made me think. Also, given these were new questions and needed imagination, they def took more than 5 mins of my interview

My interview was with a member of the admissions team.
_________________

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 766
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 18:41
Bambala wrote:
Tweet from Christine Sneva:

Christine Sneva ‏@Christine_Sneva

#Johnson Adcom had a long night making the first wave of R2 decisions! Admit calls start tomorrow! #Johnson2014 & #Johnson2015


Good luck everyone!


Sleeping tonight will be futile.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Oct 2012
Posts: 17
Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare
WE: Analyst (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2013, 20:15
CobraKai wrote:
Bambala wrote:
Tweet from Christine Sneva:

Christine Sneva ‏@Christine_Sneva

#Johnson Adcom had a long night making the first wave of R2 decisions! Admit calls start tomorrow! #Johnson2014 & #Johnson2015


Good luck everyone!


Sleeping tonight will be futile.


Seriously. Why did I just check this!?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 24
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 05:37
asiddiqi86 wrote:
Has anybody from R3 received an Interview invite?


I have the same question actually blog said it will start going out from Feb 11 th
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 74
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Venture Capital)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 08:29
R2 international applicant . Just got an interview invite
Sooo Excited !!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2013, 10:48
The waiting is painfull. Best of luck to all of us!
Re: Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2013, 10:48
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
95 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2012 - Calling All Applicants Avault 1424 23 Aug 2011, 22:02
226 Experts publish their posts in the topic Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants GMATLA 1653 27 Aug 2012, 16:27
14 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 RSri 127 19 Dec 2012, 09:50
46 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2009 applicants! solaris1 1424 15 Jul 2008, 16:24
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell (Johnson) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  47   48   49   50   51   52   53  ...  83    Next  [ 1654 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.