Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 23:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell V Duke

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Cornell V Duke [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2006, 03:09
I would like to understand how Cornell and Duke stand against each other. I visited both the schools and per my impression I would say that they are more or less at the same level. I am not sure on how they stand when compared on placement side,
While doing MBA I would like to concentrate in the area of General management, Strategy, Marketing, and Entreprenuership. I would prefer the one that offers lot of hands-on experience.
Post MBA in short term I would like to work as a strategy consultant or like a business developer and in long term I would like to open my own venture.

I would appreciate your comments here,

Thanks
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 46

[#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2006, 17:45
Expert's post
That's tough. I'm generally not in the business of saying "This school is better than that one." Based on what you said about your intended concentrations, I maybe would have recommended Duke. But, given your comments on hands-on learning, I might recommend Cornell instead!

It might come down to geography. Both are very strong schools, but they tend to be a little more regional in focus and reputation. If you want to work in the northeast instead of the southeast, that might give Cornell the edge over Duke (and vice versa).

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2006, 01:43
Thanks Scott for your response,

What if I intend to work outside US. Say somewhere in Asia!
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 46

[#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2006, 06:16
Expert's post
I honestly can't say. This forum has a lot of international folks, though, so hopefully one of them can comment.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Duke [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2006, 01:39
hey, I dont have anything substantive to add but I just wanted to say that the Duke campus is beautiful. I've heard great things about Ithaca, but if you're a southerner the winters might be a little rough!