Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 11:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cornell Visit/Interview Invite

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Cornell Visit/Interview Invite [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 06:03
Hey Everyone,

I thought I would share this - over the past few weeks I have been trading e-mails with the Director of Admissions at Cornell about my sister and I applying. I made it in for round 2 and she is going for round 3 but neither of us had visited the school.

So yesterday we went up and were blown away - Cornell was much better then I expected and I rank it near the top of my list now. I had not gotten an interview invite - but while we were there the Director did stop by to say hello and when I introduced myself he gave me a smile and said nice to put a face to the name.

Well today I came in to work and checked my e-mail - and now I have an invite to interview. I am not sure if the visit had anything to do with it, and it sucks I had to go up and not have one and now I have to go back - but at the same time I am hungry for this and I really want to get in. Personally, I think the visit helped a lot...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2006
Posts: 239
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 06:16
Since I (and a few others) are applying in R3, could you post what you found attractive about Cornell?

(Also, does anyone know if R3 is tougher than R1/R2?)
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 727
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 06:59
Super friendly... Really a nice community!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1507 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell Visit/Interview Invite [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 06:59
OasisNYK wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I thought I would share this - over the past few weeks I have been trading e-mails with the Director of Admissions at Cornell about my sister and I applying. I made it in for round 2 and she is going for round 3 but neither of us had visited the school.

So yesterday we went up and were blown away - Cornell was much better then I expected and I rank it near the top of my list now. I had not gotten an interview invite - but while we were there the Director did stop by to say hello and when I introduced myself he gave me a smile and said nice to put a face to the name.

Well today I came in to work and checked my e-mail - and now I have an invite to interview. I am not sure if the visit had anything to do with it, and it sucks I had to go up and not have one and now I have to go back - but at the same time I am hungry for this and I really want to get in. Personally, I think the visit helped a lot...


CONGRATS. I assure you the visit made a difference. All schools look favourably on campus visits, but especially schools that are inconvienently located, like Cornell. Your coming, sans interview, says a lot about your interest in the school, and is a powerful statement.

Did you notice the atrium looks like a prison?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 499
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Cornell Visit/Interview Invite [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 17:11
rhyme wrote:
OasisNYK wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I thought I would share this - over the past few weeks I have been trading e-mails with the Director of Admissions at Cornell about my sister and I applying. I made it in for round 2 and she is going for round 3 but neither of us had visited the school.

So yesterday we went up and were blown away - Cornell was much better then I expected and I rank it near the top of my list now. I had not gotten an interview invite - but while we were there the Director did stop by to say hello and when I introduced myself he gave me a smile and said nice to put a face to the name.

Well today I came in to work and checked my e-mail - and now I have an invite to interview. I am not sure if the visit had anything to do with it, and it sucks I had to go up and not have one and now I have to go back - but at the same time I am hungry for this and I really want to get in. Personally, I think the visit helped a lot...


CONGRATS. I assure you the visit made a difference. All schools look favourably on campus visits, but especially schools that are inconvienently located, like Cornell. Your coming, sans interview, says a lot about your interest in the school, and is a powerful statement.

Did you notice the atrium looks like a prison?


Thanks rhyme - I am pretty excited but remaining grounded...I know it will still be a tough challenge to gain acceptance.

So if we both get in to Cornell and end up there - how about some Wii sessions? 8-)

I know GSB is your top - you hear the 19th right? Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Posts: 93
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 17:26
when are you heading back up for the interview?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 247

Kudos [?]: 1507 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Cornell Visit/Interview Invite [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 17:30
OasisNYK wrote:
rhyme wrote:
OasisNYK wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I thought I would share this - over the past few weeks I have been trading e-mails with the Director of Admissions at Cornell about my sister and I applying. I made it in for round 2 and she is going for round 3 but neither of us had visited the school.

So yesterday we went up and were blown away - Cornell was much better then I expected and I rank it near the top of my list now. I had not gotten an interview invite - but while we were there the Director did stop by to say hello and when I introduced myself he gave me a smile and said nice to put a face to the name.

Well today I came in to work and checked my e-mail - and now I have an invite to interview. I am not sure if the visit had anything to do with it, and it sucks I had to go up and not have one and now I have to go back - but at the same time I am hungry for this and I really want to get in. Personally, I think the visit helped a lot...


CONGRATS. I assure you the visit made a difference. All schools look favourably on campus visits, but especially schools that are inconvienently located, like Cornell. Your coming, sans interview, says a lot about your interest in the school, and is a powerful statement.

Did you notice the atrium looks like a prison?


Thanks rhyme - I am pretty excited but remaining grounded...I know it will still be a tough challenge to gain acceptance.

So if we both get in to Cornell and end up there - how about some Wii sessions? 8-)

I know GSB is your top - you hear the 19th right? Good luck, I have my fingers crossed for you.


20th.

Wii lessons promised if Cornell.
Re: Cornell Visit/Interview Invite   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2006, 17:30
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Cornell Round 2 interview invites... prodizy 0 23 Jan 2014, 06:26
Cornell baer 7 30 Jul 2007, 16:44
Wharton invite sgrover 7 07 Nov 2006, 13:03
Cornell?!? rdw28 3 01 Nov 2006, 15:57
Experts publish their posts in the topic Interview invitations MBAguy2005 3 19 Jan 2005, 08:46
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Cornell Visit/Interview Invite

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.