Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Correct Responses to Admissions Interview Questions

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Correct Responses to Admissions Interview Questions [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2007, 19:17
Just thought I would post this... kind of funny and interesting. It's a quote from Jeffrey Skilling - former Enron CEO and current Waseca Correctional Facility inmate.

Quote:
During his admissions interview for Harvard Business School, he was asked if he was smart, to which he famously replied, "I'm f***ing smart." Skilling earned his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School in 1979, graduating in the top five percent of his class.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 430 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Correct Responses to Admissions Interview Questions [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2007, 23:27
You saw this in that documentary about Enron didn't ya ?

seanpatin wrote:
Just thought I would post this... kind of funny and interesting. It's a quote from Jeffrey Skilling - former Enron CEO and current Waseca Correctional Facility inmate.

Quote:
During his admissions interview for Harvard Business School, he was asked if he was smart, to which he famously replied, "I'm f***ing smart." Skilling earned his M.B.A. from Harvard Business School in 1979, graduating in the top five percent of his class.
VP
VP
Schools: NYU Stern 2009
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 218 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2007, 01:46
Skilling is very smart. Unfortunately, he feels he is so smart that small things like law and accountancy rules don't matter.

Single handedly made every MBA include an ethics course. He should put that on his resume.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2007, 04:25
3underscore wrote:
Single handedly made every MBA include an ethics course. He should put that on his resume.

* Revised MBA curriculum across the board with single act.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1531 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2007, 05:16
3underscore wrote:
Skilling is very smart. Unfortunately, he feels he is so smart that small things like law and accountancy rules don't matter.

It wasn't lost on me that Harvard had placed a prominent ethics question in their app last year....
  [#permalink] 16 Jul 2007, 05:16