Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 03:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Haas '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 3

Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2008, 21:33
Does anyone know how the paper GMAT correlates to the real exam? It'd be great if you could provide your paper GMAT scores (the ones from mba.com) and your actual results. I also think comparing the paper exams to the GMATPreps would be useful too.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 197 [0], given: 0

Re: Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2008, 00:32
swbluedevil wrote:
Does anyone know how the paper GMAT correlates to the real exam? It'd be great if you could provide your paper GMAT scores (the ones from mba.com) and your actual results. I also think comparing the paper exams to the GMATPreps would be useful too.

I think its a little harsher scoring.

However quant is a joke on the paper tests. Pearson beefed up the quant majorly. Verbal still appears to be the same.

The SC and CR sections are great practice b/c they really press you for time. RC not so much.

My advice. Verbal seems to be a decent scale to go by. Quant, don't bet that you'll see any of those level problems on the test. The only reason I have missed a few of the quants are silly mistakes.

Id like to think I could get a 51Q on multiple tests =)
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 1

Re: Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2008, 11:33
I bought the paper tests. How does timing work? it looks like they are split into 7 sections rather than just Q and V.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2008, 08:58
Do not use the paper tests for anything other than practice questions. Because they're not adaptive CATs, there is very little correlation at ALL between a paper test score and what you'd get on the real GMAT.
Director
Director

Re: Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 11:34
mochajava wrote:
Do not use the paper tests for anything other than practice questions. Because they're not adaptive CATs, there is very little correlation at ALL between a paper test score and what you'd get on the real GMAT.

Very true. GMATPrep is still the best predictive measure of a final GMAT score.

For example, I scored a 770 on the paper test but only 730 on the GMATPrep test. I think my final score will be closer to 730.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2008, 07:51
Can someone post the scoring chart on how to score the paper test?
I have some paper test, but I don't know how to convert the score.

Thanks
Director
Director

Re: Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2008, 07:57
gt6254b wrote:
Can someone post the scoring chart on how to score the paper test?
I have some paper test, but I don't know how to convert the score.

Thanks

The conversion scales depend on which test you have. For example, a 720 on exam 14 may only be a 710 on exam 33.
If you bought them from GMAC, then the appropriate chart is on the back of the test. It's pretty complicated and requires mutliple tables to convert your # correct --> Q or V raw --> total raw --> GMAT score.
Re: Correlation between paper GMAT and real GMAT   [#permalink] 15 Jan 2008, 07:57