Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 08:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Could any1 help on this please,not getting any clear answer

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Could any1 help on this please,not getting any clear answer [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 07:08
Hi,

Could anyone with information or experience on this can help me please.
I am planning to join MBA 2011 batch.

Currently in UK (Working here for last 30 months) with Tier1 Visa.
I asked immigration by mail if i can go for student visa (I asked as the list of Visas that can shift to student Visa (Tier4) does not list Tier1).
This is what they replied which doesn't leave me on a decisive grounds.

Please be advised that migrant currently under PBS Tier 1 (General) cannot switch in to PBS Tier 4 (student) category in country. You may return to your home country and apply for entry clearance.

However, there is nothing in the Immigration Rules to state that a person in the UK with leave to enter or remain under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme or Points Based System Tier 1 (General) cannot study if they choose to. However, this may impact on any extension applications or Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) applications, if they do not meet the basic requirement of this grant of leave, which is to either take or actively seek employment.

Working full time and studying a part time course may not affect any future applications. However, if a person is studying more than they are working, or not working at all, they would not be able to provide the required evidence for any extension or ILR application.

I hope that this information will be of assistance to you.

The above information is true but then doesn’t confirm anything.
I cannot afford to go back and apply from India as it will effect me financially as i am planning to work till my MBA starts.

Could anyone please advice on this please.

Thanks,
Anil
Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 371 [0], given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Could any1 help on this please,not getting any clear answer [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2009, 00:43
"Support and feedback" forum is related to support on various features of GMATClub. Moving your post to a more appropriate forum.

Btw, I'm not very clear what you want to ask. Could you please elaborate your query.

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Could any1 help on this please,not getting any clear answer [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2009, 02:03
I wanted to know if I can study in UK with my current tier1 Visa.

Aslo seeing that you are in ISB, would be able to give a look to my profile below and
advice me if i am any good for ISB what score in GMAT do i need to think of a top B schools ??

Nationality : Indian.
Planning for 2011 batch

QUALIFICATION
---------------
1. Degree : 58% (Bad i Know)
2. PGMCA (Post graduate diploma in Computer application) a professonal course i did along with Degree
and got 94%
3. MCA (Master Degree in Computer Application) : 3 year frofessional course
got 65%
4 OCP (Oracle certified Professional web developer) Professioal certification from Oracle , got 95%
5 OCA (Oracle certified Associate dsatabase administrator) Professioal certification from Oracle 95%

WORK EXP
---------
6.5 Years in IT.Worked for 2 years in india and 4.5 years in UK

CAREER PROGRESSION
-------------------
In span of 6.5 years covered and played the below role.

Trainee -> Programmer -> Senior Programmer -> Business change Owner -> Solution Architect-> Onsite cordinator -> Lead Functional Expert -> Module leader.

Played roles in team work and grooming and leading resources.Working for my client who are biggest vehicle leasing company in UK.

Got 2 awards and also was top 20 employee of the year in my company which is an MNC.

GMAT SCORE : 660
-------------

I am looking for Top 10 MBA schools in UK (Cranfeild, Manchester business school, London Business school ....)
Do i stand a chance ? Or what colleges should i aim for then ?

Please advice.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
WE 1: 5.5 yrs in IT
Followers: 62

Kudos [?]: 371 [1] , given: 56

GMAT Tests User
Re: Could any1 help on this please,not getting any clear answer [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2009, 10:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hi chauhan,
I'm not in ISB. I'm also an mba aspirant like you. If you have queries related to isb you can post it to the below thread and I'm sure you'll get your answer:
please-join-me-in-welcoming-thinkisb-to-gmat-club-84103.html

ISB 2011-12 thread | Ask ISB Alumni @ ThinkISB
All information related to Indian candidates and B-schools | Indian B-schools accepting GMAT scores
Self evaluation for Why MBA?

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton (WL), Booth (WL), Kellogg (WL), Ross (ding)
WE 1: public accounting

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: Could any1 help on this please,not getting any clear answer [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2010, 10:33
I think what this means is that you can study with your current status, with no need to switch to Student Visa.
Re: Could any1 help on this please,not getting any clear answer   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2010, 10:33