Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 17:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Could you, please, check/score my essay? Please, please!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Could you, please, check/score my essay? Please, please!! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2014, 02:43
1 It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?

During the V century BC Egyptians used to write about their lives on papyrus; nowadays books are still in vogue and people create even blogs in order to share their experiences with the rest of the world. Therefore, human beings have always been fascinating about writing, passing on major historical events or local cultural themes. Books are our main resource, surely the key that opens windows toward undefined bounders. Yet, experience is the pen.

How many countries a reader is able to visit just flipping pages? A book can be described as a magic container that enables the world to travel around the planet, sometimes the hemisphere. Unfortunately, we have some restrictions as human beings and skills may play a major role in this matter. For instance, I am not talented enough in astronomy subjects and about all that it may concern being an astronaut. In contrast, I can be on the moon and dream about it each single time I desire. I’ll just need to open “Moonwalk”.

On the other hand, it’s clear enough that experienced men and women are required in order to write a book. Our libraries are full of books that cover all the possible fields that we can even think about, yet writers had to broaden their knowledge before turning them into words. No one is born learned or wise. Clearly, life changes every day, every day brings a new idea and solution. In a few, that idea will be held in pages thank to all those who have had the courage to challenge themselves. For instance, the chef-environment is so dynamic and creative that a new recipe knocks the door almost daily. Yet, these new recipes are not written in any books or folders, they are part of each individual’s fantasy. Only thank to their hard work and perseverance, we can enjoy new delicacies. Ergo, we need personal experience to succeed and develop.

In conclusion, books and experiences are linked to each other. In diverse moment and way, they complement our lives. Experience is our maestro, while book is our companion during our journey called life. Hence, “can a book be written without a pen”? I don’t believe so. What do you think?
Could you, please, check/score my essay? Please, please!!   [#permalink] 24 Jan 2014, 02:43