Joined: 03 Feb 2014
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
, given: 24
Could you please evaluate my profile and advice. [#permalink]
30 May 2014, 18:57
Hi Team, Hope you are doing well. I am an Indian male (Not IT or Software) with almost 3 years work exp.
I just gave my GMAT and scored 670 (Q-49, V-32, IR-6, AWA-Waiting for official score card) but I am not sure if this score is good enough. My friends and colleagues say that GMAT is only a part of the application so I am not able to decide how to proceed.
Please look at my profile and suggest me the best possible course of action.
Work Experience: I am working in US in a world leader of wireless technology company.
Duration: 4 years by October 2015
Designation: Hardware Engineer (Oct 2011 - till date).
Industry: Telecommunication/ Mobile chipset business.
My role is partly technical and partly managerial in nature.
1) Design test and production hardware.
2) Hardware planning, bring up and budget forecasting with program managers.
3) Manage production hardware in China, Singapore and Taiwan.
1) Undergraduate: Indian University, Aggregate: 77%; First class with Distinction (Highest grade in my university).
2) Masters degree (with thesis): American university, MS in electrical engineering, GPA: 3.94 (Top of my class).
In my Masters degree I was a research assistant and I published a paper in IEEE.
1) Lead a team successfully to design hardware for a new architecture.
2) Mentor new hires on design and execution of projects.
Community activities and other extra-curricular work:
1) Currently I am a volunteer at a community center in my city (from the past two years). I am also responsible for organizing community gathering every week.
2) I used to tutor undergraduate kids in Advanced math when i was studying masters in the US university and I also i used to tutor math to High school kids when i was studying in undergrad.
3) Volunteer and later treasurer Indian Students organization in US university.
Short Term goal: Become management consultant and understand how to develop an idea into a successful product.
Long Term Goals: Become an entrepreneur in Education and Infrastructure fields.
My MBA school preference: Wharton, Booth, Fuqua and Yale.
Thanks and Appreciate the help.