Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1825 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools:Fuqua
 Q49  V29
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2918 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q50  V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4614 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
Re: Count down for a REAL GMAT [#permalink]
mrsmarth,
Goodluck. I am sure you will do just fine.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
i too will be regiving my GMAT in the next few weeks. i had thought i would be able to do a lot better the first time, but all i really have to show is a mediocre score (i did get a 5.5 on my AWA :o ) keep working on basic quant and verbal strategies. try doing as many difficult problems, whether challenge problems from gmat club, or questions towards the back of the OG, as these will hone your basic skills while teaching you to answer harder questions. i recently came across a free prep course that offers some good resources online. its called knewton prep, and can be googled for their website. no resource should be wasted. others may be better than some, but its what you take from it that counts. practice will make perfect. thats all that anyone taking the test needs to know. :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 463 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Zhu wrote:
i was supposed it GMAT today, however had to delay due to technical problems the test center faced :roll: mmmm too stressy another 5-6 days, feels like my brains is programmed for today and no longer willing to work.... :shock:

that sucks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1825 [0]
 Q49  V29
Send PM
Well thank you to all who are visiting this thread and wondering......what I are my ongoing plans of my prep work till my D-DAY. There is not much change from my original plan. Still trying to stick to it. But still is a plan and can change any time. :) Here is a small update.

I have taken OG diagnostic test, for only the Quant part. As per score rules, I achieved 34 of 48 Q which translates to 19 in PS(Just fell into the range ff Excellent :) ) and 15 in DS(This is below Average, with one more question answered correctly, I would have been atleast into Average range. :cry: )

Of the 14 questions that I did wrong, 11 are careless mistakes. These mainly involved cases such as -

a. even though, able to solve the problem, didn't pick the ans to the question being asked.
b. marked incorrectly while picking the ans even though in mind I know what the ans. For example, the ans is 2, and this ans is under choice 3. I marked ans choice 2(this choice is not 2) instead of 3. :cry:
c. While solving the problems, used wrong numbers. For ex instead of 89 used 98 in my solving process.

I think these type of mistakes can and should definitely be corrected. Else I know it is going to cost me a lot during my D Day attempt. Amazed on how GMAT provide the wrong ans choices which definitely are possible if we are careless.

Lesson learnt -

Concentrate more on not only solving the problem, but also in picking the answer that suits the question.

As I am already aware, my weakness in Quant is DS. Struggling real hard to nail them down. Googling the sites to find some precious information on tackling them.

Here is one that found - https://www.gmathacks.com/main/data-sufficiency.html.

As a part of this update message, I would also like to thank "WALKER" for developing such a wonderful Timer tool. It helps me a lot to analyze my weaknesses to the extent of not only solving the problems but also try maintaining the timing. Thank you very much. :)

Well I am still not able to dare to even attempt Verbal part of it. Afraid that it might bring me GMAT zeal down. But the sooner from the D DAY the better it is. Atleast I know what is my current stand and where can I improve considerable considering the critical time factor which is fast running out.

Hope I have my next update on Verbal.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1726 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Nice one - well written.
You will do it.

Goodluck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Harvard Business School, Stanford
Send PM
Good luck, on your exam!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1825 [0]
 Q49  V29
Send PM
A big Ooph.............. Yesterday(14/2/2009) I have taken Princeton GMAT CAT exam and got a very disastrous score. :cry: It is just 520 with Quant - 43 and Verbal - 19. I know I am very weak in Verbal. Didn't dare to take a mock exam, thinking that it will degrade my motivation. So kept on postponing till now. With less than 3 weeks to go, there is no way that I can bring my Verbal to a 40+ score.

In my quant I made 7(3 in PS and 4 in DS) mistakes out of which 5 are really careless. So there is definitely scope for improvement. Atleast I need 48+ in my quant to hit my target score. verbal is worst there are not words to explaing. SC is 55% correct, CR is 33% correct and RC is 33%. I am sure I can improve my % in SC and CR atleast 80% each.

So I have made up my mind, that I will be have to postpone my exam. Now I am targetting for April 1st week or second week. Rather than getting a disaster score, I think it is better to take couple of more days with a penalty of few more bucks and gain some condidence and attempt the exam.

Hum......There is lot to go prepare and lot more to improve.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts