Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6508 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6508 [10]
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6508 [2]
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Countdown begins>>Has ended:) [#permalink]
Kudos
wow! one of the most entertaining de-briefs I have read so far. To the point, no-BS de-brief -- just lays it out the way it is.

Well done!

tejal777 wrote:
“Make sure if you encounter a hottie you take his number!!”lol..

I was there, but you never asked for it.....You were too busy taking the test! 8-)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Countdown begins!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
:)

Code:
[stopwatch][/stopwatch]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Kudos
:gl

Looks like you are struggling with SC. Shoot any questions you have. Post those on forum or send a PM if you need any information. Will try to answer/explain as much as possible.

:m16
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1040 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Kudos
Hey tejal… good luck dude, wishing you all the best.

After doing a few Kaplan tests they are okay practice but I find the OG material better. I would just go through the SC section of the OG again, if you have the verbal guide go through that. Don’t just solve the SCs pick the reasons why the others are wrong, try to understand each of the errors (each statement will normally have more than 1 error). Similar for RC, understand the wrong answers as well.

Definitely hit up the gym, make sure you stay health. Let us know how you go.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMP
Own Kudos [?]: 250 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
 Q48  V32
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats Tejal very good score and u r happy -most important

:( too bad I wont be seeing any more questions from you on GMAT Q/V, most of the questions I wanted to post were posted by you :)....
now I have to do it myself :))
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 389 [1]
Given Kudos: 66
Schools:IU KSB
Send PM
Kudos
tejal777 wrote:
And its DONE!!!
Jus got back..charged up!!Expected a 580-610 'cos had messed up quant..broke down in the loo bet. the Q-V break..even forgot the names of 2 universities that i wanted to send scores too(Imagine!)
and the result is:
670(Q44 V38)

Don't know abt u 700+ fellas but I am very satisfied.This was my one and only shot and I am mighty pleased.
Thank you so much all of you..

I'll posta long debrief very soon:)

Congratulation!!

Please share some tips for verbal. I took GMAT a week ago and messed up verbal part. My score Q49/V24 AWA 4.5
Planing to retake the GMAT soon. Thanks in advance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Aww shucks..Are'nt you sweet!!Thanks a ton!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1825 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools:Fuqua
 Q49  V29
Send PM
Good luck.....Will keep an eye on this thread. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Still need to make my 3 week macro POA..but here is how I spent my day.
Note:3 weeks my main focus is GMAT..have entire day to give to it.

Another note: Just for info my last(+3 weeks) gmatprep score was 660(Q47 V35).A week back had taken Powerprep (mainly because I did’nt feel like studing..and I knew powerprep had repeat questions from OG so kind of a revision..)710(Q48 V39)

Note to myself:My main weakness is my inability to sit for longer periods.. so from now on I am going to clock my sessions..90 minutes stretch or more? Opinion??

SC: Brutal SC’s 25-45.I had done the first 25 over a period of last 3 days and man was it BAAAD!!My hit rate is below 50% :(. I noticed that my reasoning was right and I was heading down the right path..but ultimately when it boiled down to the last two choices,I selected the wrong one. This was quite a trend.. I wonder if it says something..?!
SC is my weakness but I am not THIS bad at it!! This was terribly de-motivating and made me completely give up.On top of it,It took me AGES to even review it thoroughly.
On the positive side,it made me remember points which are rarely used and even though I knew the concepts it had gone to a dark corner of my brain..:)
Opinions??I have already done 45/70 so might as well finish up the rest tomorrow…
I also did 20 questions from Kaplan800..walk in the park..

RC:The source was a problem.Really don’t know where to practice RC’s from.Suggestions??
For some weird reason I decided to do 3 passages from Kaplan800(Have hardly opened this book..did a lil’ bit of quant from it ages ago)
3 passages..Blinded by science..Has anyone done it??It’s mind numbing!!As if RC is’nt already a big pain..hit rate: 2/4, 2/3, 4/4.Could’nt make sense of any of the passages I read so ok with the result.

Quant *still not reached the score of 50,which I know is very much doable,all thanks to DS..:(
DS: While I have solved OG 11/12 PS thoroughly and also done the error log,unfortunatly the same cannot be said for DS.So for DS I am going to stick close to OG.
Did #’s 100-125 OG12.Hit rate, as expected was low.Got to make sure I give DS proper attention everyday.

Topic of the day: HCF/LCM >>spent around 45 mins. Doing sums from the forum on this topic.The concept is MUCH clearer now.

????: I have solved OG11 and quant review and the DS in OG12 is MARKEDLY tougher than the former two books.Is this so or am I just really really out of practice??

I had come across this site Magoosh.com.Liked it because though the problems presented are not too difficult, some are tricky,and I really really need to cut down on the silly mistakes.They have video explanations which makes it kind of fun..so I plan on spending some time on the site when I am wiped out or when it’s just not “my time of the day”.I have a feeling this site will help..

P.S..Planning to restart my going to the gym from tomorrow..need the strength!!
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Great !!!

Just be calm and do some meditation and be regular in revision.

and yea of course, Good luck mate.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4074 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Name: Ronak Amin
Schools: IIM Lucknow (IPMX) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Good luck! Happy preps :) waiting for a wonderful debrief.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Sigh...no comments,no inputs from anyone???

I really need to chalk out my plan on the whole..please help me with that guys..The truth is I am a bit apprhensive of makeing the POA,I know seeing so much stuff to be done will get me congused..but if I have a proper plan I work better..

Some thoughts:
1.CAT's.i read that in the last 3 days no tests should be taken.Fine.So should I take 3 more each per week??that will take away 3 days:(.Havent taken a test recently so i really really need to take it.Here's what I am thinking:I have one gprep left so will take that this week..ad then reinstall and take it twice again.Or should I opt for manhattan free test once?SUGGESTIONS!!

2.Error log.Should I keep it the entire error log for last week?Or is that too late??

For the next 10 days or so I am thinking of doing the following:
Q:Topic wise.(what about gmatclub testsI have taken the first 10..so tough..should I take a couple more??)ADVICE!

CR,RC:LSAT papers(Dicey about RC as I know the structure is different from that of gmat..)

SC:finish about Brutal SC..do from forums..lets see..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
tejal777 wrote:
Sigh...no comments,no inputs from anyone???

I really need to chalk out my plan on the whole..please help me with that guys..The truth is I am a bit apprhensive of makeing the POA,I know seeing so much stuff to be done will get me congused..but if I have a proper plan I work better..

Some thoughts:
1.CAT's.i read that in the last 3 days no tests should be taken.Fine.So should I take 3 more each per week??that will take away 3 days:(.Havent taken a test recently so i really really need to take it.Here's what I am thinking:I have one gprep left so will take that this week..ad then reinstall and take it twice again.Or should I opt for manhattan free test once?SUGGESTIONS!!

2.Error log.Should I keep it the entire error log for last week?Or is that too late??

For the next 10 days or so I am thinking of doing the following:
Q:Topic wise.(what about gmatclub testsI have taken the first 10..so tough..should I take a couple more??)ADVICE!

CR,RC:LSAT papers(Dicey about RC as I know the structure is different from that of gmat..)

SC:finish about Brutal SC..do from forums..lets see..

I am no expert but following are my views:

1. No tests in last 3 days, why? Doesn't it sound -ve? :) I am sure gonna take a test the previous day to boost my confidence. But ya, if you still feel it is better to stay away then it is perfectly fine..so no hard and fast rules here
2. Not sure about error log

Club tests are awesome, try to do max if you are in the range 42-47.
LSAT stuff is also good for that 'extra' bit...so if you are rock solid with basic fundas then surely go for LSAT stuff.
You are right, for RCs there are no real strategies...read a lot..atleast until your test :)

Try to make a point to study 2 hours daily, this is a pre-requisite for 'implementing' whatever is the plan...but yes, you are on the right track...

And above all, hope for the best !! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
@Economist:If you do a search inthe forum you will read that the experts DO NOT recommend taking the tests in the last 3 days..I figure they know better than us!!So gonna stick to that.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72859 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
tejal777 wrote:
@Economist:If you do a search inthe forum you will read that the experts DO NOT recommend taking the tests in the last 3 days..I figure they know better than us!!So gonna stick to that.

I think it is helpful to take a test 24 hrs before the real GMAT - would recommend GMAT Prep or PowerPrep to set the routine (as much as that's possible).
Otherwise, what are you going to do the last few days?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Cool ! As I mentioned, whatever works for you is the best strategy for you. Important is to 'implement' plans because most of the plans fail just due to 'lack' of implementation

Ehh !! I am so blunt and I give too many advices !! :( So I would prefer to stay away from such threads.

Good luck, just thrash the test ! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Day 2+Day 3(day 2 loads of time wastage,day 3 has just started have to finish my workload)

So by end of today I will have completed:
Brutal SC's remaining questions+overall review of all the 75 questions (even the second time around I am getting stuck on some of the questions)

DS OG 12 100-175..some of these questions are really really nice!

Topic of the 2 days:
Statistics..around 20 questions each of PS and DS from the forum.Encountered some high level ones..really nice..
Have to do a couple of RC's today..
Have to make the POA for the remaining days..ending up wasting a lot of time...stay tuned!!
Tomorrow planning on taking MGMAT free cat...nervous!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4