Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 15:07

Happy Thanksgiving:

Free Access to GMAT Club Tests until 11 AM PST on Fri 11/28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

CR Bible (First 9 chapters - sufficient????)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 50

CR Bible (First 9 chapters - sufficient????) [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2011, 04:20
I have read the first 9 chapters of the CR bible. Can I start solving OG & VR questions?

PS: I cannot read the CR bible anymore. :( :(
Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: CR Bible (First 9 chapters - sufficient????) [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2011, 07:01
Yes...i believe you have covered all important chapters.....So you may start your practice....

Also can you tell me the difference between must be true ques and strengthen ques? I am kinda stuck at this...

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 90 [1] , given: 16

Re: CR Bible (First 9 chapters - sufficient????) [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2011, 09:25
This post received
KUDOS
A simple way of looking at the difference between 'Must be true' and 'Strengthen' questions.

Correct answers to 'Must be true' questions follow from the given argument whereas the answers to 'Strengthen' questions lead to the argument i.e. you need the correct answer for the 'Strengthen' question to prove your argument, whereas for the 'Must be true' question, an answer can be correct only if it follows from the given argument.

Let's take a simple example to understand the difference. Consider the argument given below.

All my neighbors own blue cars. Therefore I own a blue car.

The argument given above is fairly weak and could be attacked using points such as 'the given statement that all my neighbors have blue car has no effect on the car I own'. Hence in order to strengthen this particular argument we can use a statement such as 'None of the cars in my neighborhood is other than blue' which will support the fact that if I own a car, it must be blue. Note that this statement fills a logical gap in the given argument and hence strengthens it.

Now, a statement such as 'None of my neighbors own a black car' will follow from the argument. This is something that can be derived from the given facts/premises and hence it could be a correct answer to a 'Must be true' question.

Hope this helps you get a basic understanding of the difference. Powerscore has detailed explanation of each type of question - so you might want to go back and try to understand it carefully.

MBA Candidate 2015 | Georgetown University
McDonough School of Business

Director
Director
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 159 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: CR Bible (First 9 chapters - sufficient????) [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2011, 12:01
Thanks sudish..Kudos for you....Good way to solve...I have read power score must be true chapter 3 times..

Looks like either i should solve about 50 must be true ques to get a firm grip or i should leave it for some time....

Thanks

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-

1 KUDOS = 1 THANK

Kick Ass Gmat

Re: CR Bible (First 9 chapters - sufficient????)   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2011, 12:01