Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Dec 2014, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2008, 21:59
Seems the Powerscore book is comprehensive, but its 541 pages!! Verbal is my weaker section, but so far most of my errors are from RC or SC. So I am wondering if this book is too much material while I really need to spend time on RC or SC.
The Official superprep on the other hand is smaller, and also has RC prep info. Could anyone tell which book is better for overall CR perp? Also is there a good source to increase RC preparedness?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097930 ... 0979305063
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097212 ... 0972129618
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 452 [0], given: 32

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:30
I have not used the LSAT prep book. I used the PowerScore CR Bible and loved it. I suggest that one, but it's not because I have a negative opinion about the LSAT book.

How much time do you have before the test?

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:41
I have also used the Powerscore CR bible. It is a very good book. If you have time and patience to read the entire 500+ page it will put a strong foundation for critical reasoning and GMAT CR will be a cakewalk for you.
Subarao

Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all.

SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 452 [0], given: 32

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 07:45
I should have mentioned that even though the CR Bible is for CR, it will actually help with your RC as well because you will begin to read critically and pay attention to smaller details much better. This will help you on RC when you go to answer the questions and you remember the details from the long passage.

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Intern
Intern

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2008, 15:11
Thanks for your comments. I have decided to go for the Powerscore CR bible.
Intern
Intern

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 12:44
jallenmorris wrote:
I should have mentioned that even though the CR Bible is for CR, it will actually help with your RC as well because you will begin to read critically and pay attention to smaller details much better. This will help you on RC when you go to answer the questions and you remember the details from the long passage.

I am only able to find Powerscore LSAT-CR bible on internet. which one did you use? Are LSAT and GMAT versions same?
Intern
Intern

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 15:27
The CR bible is for GMAT. You can get it from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097212 ... 0972129634
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2008, 10:49
I strongly recommend the GMAT powerscore CR book (as opposed to any other book, including the LSAT version). it's very comprehensive, and even though there are many pages, you can go through it pretty quickly.
Director
Director
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 17

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2009, 21:22
Amazing Book this Powerscore CR Bible for GMAT is
only complaint is that they did not change the Examples and reproduced them ditto from their LSAT book :x

Btw, GMAT has 10 topics to cover
If you are running short of time get set go for these 5 topics:

1.Weaken
    2.Strengthen/Support
    3.Assumption
    4.Must be True/Most Supported
    &
    5.Resolve the paradox
      Hope this helps.

For newbie here, while posting your CR Qs , mention in the subject line
      "CR-Assumption-"Charles Darwin etc..".."

math-polygons-87336.html
      competition-for-the-best-gmat-error-log-template-86232.html

Manager
      Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
      Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2009, 13:34
      Excuse my ignorance,

But is the LSAT CR Bible = to the LSAT Logical Reasoning Bible?

Thank you guys.....just wanted to make sure before I bought it.
      Manager
      Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
      Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2009, 13:36
      jallen & others,

would you recommend their LSAT RC Bible as well?
      Intern
      Intern

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible? [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2009, 04:53
      Hey if anyone needs the powerscore cr/sc bible contact me at vaibhav_mittal123@hotmail.com
      Re: CR - Official LSAT Superprep or Powerscore LSATT bible?   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2009, 04:53